Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on December 3, 2013
Don't be fooled by the original list price of this watch. I saw this 'sale' and thought I would give it a shot. Received it in the mail, it came in a nice little box but the rest of the packaging just screams cheap Chinese production... The awful quality of the strap is what made me absolutely sure I was returning it. The edges of the strap were not cleanly cut which meant really rough edges and it had irritated my entire wrist after wearing it a few minutes. The actual metal watch also felt cheap and clunky and the seconds hand was very shakey. This watch felt like something that should be on the 10$ watch rack at walmart...

I have an $80 citizen watch that just completely blows this thing out of the water in all quality aspects. The strap that came with my citizen is worth more to me than this crappy watch was. So yeah, don't waste your money on this thing.
on March 24, 2014
I liked the appearance of this watch because it is not over stated, like so many watches are. The only disappointment I have with this purchase is that the luminous feature does not work. There is no glow-in-the-dark, as I thought it would have.
VINE VOICEon January 31, 2015
I bought this Calibre Trooper because I had it in one of my Amazon "Wish Lists" and it came up on the "Daily Deals" at an exceptional price. I was attracted to the Trooper by its classic and uncluttered style. I thought it was a bargain considering that it utilized a Swiss quartz movement.

I have had this watch for a month, so I have a pretty good idea of the watch's strength's and weaknesses. Firstly, the dial color is not white, it is a light silver-gray. The hour markers are nicely contrasting black with an easy to see red second hand. The lume on the hands isn't bad, lasting at least an hour after dark. The lume on the hour markers is another matter - too little lume on too small markers. Still, not bad for a watch in this price range.

The watch comes with two NATO-style straps. They're not bad, but they're not very good either - there's one in olive-drab green as well as one in black. They are quick-change and I appreciated that as I removed them to fit a spare silicone band onto this watch in their place. One of the things I noticed first is the weight of the watch - it's very light. This isn't titanium, so the reason for the low weight must be that the case is made of very thin stainless steel castings or blanks. A gentle tap on the crystal with a fingernail tells me that the crystal is quite thin. These things would be fine on a dress watch, but not for a watch of this style.

How does it function? I've had a number of watches that utilized Ronda Swiss quartz movements and they have all been very reliable and accurate. This one was no exception - it was only five seconds fast for the month I have owned it. That's pretty good. From a visual standpoint (aside from the lume issues) the watch is attractive and easy to read at a glance, including the date.

The watch itself isn't a bad watch...but my gut feeling is that, had it not been at a very attractive price, I wouldn't have thought I had made a good purchase. The watch feels (as in the weight of the case and the thickness of crystal) like they were skimping on the materials - including the below average quality of the bands. Yes, the movement is a good one, but it does not feel like a watch I would wear for any kind of outdoor activity and that is what the style of the watch is appealing to.

I must give the watch good marks for the choice of movement, but it just seems too "below average" in too many other ways. I have to give this watch only three stars.
VINE VOICEon November 11, 2013
I bought this watch for my husband's birthday. It's got a lot to recommend it. It's easy to read and there's a little window on the right hand face that keeps the date. Also it comes with two different straps and they are super easy to switch out and they are comfortable. Sometimes the canvas straps can have scratchy edges but these are smooth.

My husband has a few casual watches but this one is now his favorite.

We've not had this watch long so if it quits running or breaks, etc, I'll come back and update this review but so far it's great.
on March 13, 2015
I really liked the looks of this watch. So much so, that this is my second one, purchased in Dec 2014...about 3 months ago. Watch bands are nothing special, but they work for me. Problem is, this watch will not keep time. Not even close. Losing 5 min a day. Yes, a day...every day. Another issue I just found out about, is their 30 day return policy. Really? 30 days? Spend your hard earned money elsewhere...even if it's on sale.
on November 17, 2013
It lost 5 minutes over the first 24 hours, and more after that. (I liked the appearance and the bands, but a watch than cannot keep time is pretty useless.) I returned it for a refund, the first time I have ever returned anything to Amazon.
on December 30, 2014
The watch bands are awful. I can't imagine anyone being able to wear them against their bare skin due to the sandpaper rough edges and holes. The face on the one I received wasn't white, more gray, and quite unattractive. It's cheap, but factor in the price of a replacement watch band.
on September 6, 2015
This watch is tough as nails. I run a landscaping company so I am constantly beating up whatever I wear on my wrists. Finally I just stopped wearing a watch altogether, but missed wearing a watch. Years later this striking watch popped up in an advertisement so I thought I'd give it a chance, now I'm glad I did. I've worn this watch for over two and a half years now on a daily basis and I rarely take it off. This is the kind of watch I can work in and not worry about tearing up and believe me, I've beat the crap out of this thing. The watch has stayed on my wrist through working, hiking, mountain biking etc...it's bulletproof, unlike the many watches I've worn in the past. It also has a very classy design which I love and is very professional looking for when I'm wearing to my meetings. In the beginning the nylon straps were a bit rough around the edges but wear softly over time, will take it over leather any day. It's by far the most comfortable watch I've ever worn. I highly recommend this watch to anyone, I'll be wearing this to my grave!
on May 27, 2015
It came in faster than I had expected, within a couple of days of ordering it. The size is perfect and keeps great time. I like the idea of being able to change the band if I want to. It would be nice if it had luminous hands, but that is not a big deal. Overall it is a very nice watch. For the price there is no way I could pass it up.
on April 3, 2014
I agree with other reviewers I would not spend 150 bucks on this watch but for 32 it is a steal. I like the large face it is easy to read and looks good. The nylon band is comfortable and so far is in good shape. The fact that you get a second band is awesome, I needed a band for another watch and it fits great. Instead of paying 10 dollars for a band I got a watch and an extra band for 32, good deal. We will see how well it holds up, but for 32 bucks if it lasts a year so be it.