5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Practical
Published on July 24, 2008 by B. Hackett

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but sized for toddlers.
I got these for my 7 year old to plug into his tablet. They worked but are way to small for a 7 year old. I exchanged them for a more traditional set. Some sort of sizing guide in the product description would have avoided this minor hassle.
Published on January 23, 2013 by C. Norris

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Practical, July 24, 2008
This review is from: Califone 2810-BE Listening First Kids Stereo and PC Headphone, Bear Design (Electronics)
I got these for my son to use on our portable dvd player, for trips. He's only a year and a half and I wasn't sure that they would fit him, but they do. They are adjustable and could even fit a young adult. To adjust pull the band at the top of the ear pieces. So these will grow with him, which is great for me as a parent. I'm glad I don't have to buy a new pair every year. They are very durable and have survived a couple trips.

I like that there is an external volume control. They seem to be very comfortable for him. He doesn't try to pull them off at all. My suggestion to parents who plan on using these on small children for trips is, make sure you get the child used to wearing them. After that it should be smooth sailing.

Its also nice that there is only one wire running from the head piece. So if the child moves suddenly and the headphones come off, the wire won't pull at them.

I would deffinately recomend these to anyone, as a childs first pair of headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work well, very rugged, February 10, 2008
We purchased these headphones before our trip to Europe so our toddler could watch the video ipod. The headphones are comfortable and rugged. She loves the bear ears and they held up to all her abuse. Two thumbs up!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but sized for toddlers., January 23, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not So Good for Travel- may not make it off the plane in one piece., June 6, 2012
I absolutely loved the headphones and my 21 month old did better with them than he did when we would try to stick our normal adult headphones on his head, but....if you are traveling on a plane- I caution you to waste the money on these. They may not make it off the plane in one piece. There is no case for these and they don't fold up, so you really have to put some care into handling this cute headset if you are on the go. The black plastic ear lining fell off once. I could get it back on, but it was kind of a pain, especially when I was trying to wrangle the baby at the same time. I ended up keeping them around my neck when my son wasn't using them, b/c I didn't want the ear parts to come off again. The actual ear part does seem like it would be comfortable and there is a small, slight adjustment you can do on the headset to change size, but it is very minimal. I give Comfort an A+. You can't fit these on an adult's head, but if you turn them upside down to test volume, you will see there is cushion and nice sizing for your child's ears. The length of the plug in cord seemed good, BUT...I pulled the headset out of my backpack compartment and it pulled the cord completely out of the volume control gadget. No more headphones on our last trip :( I don't know if I can find a tiny screw driver and see if my husband can reconnect the wires, but this headset didn't made it through the 2nd plan trip this spring. Granted- it did make it through 5 take offs and landings on the 1st plane trip. Just didn't even get to wear them on the 2nd trip. I had these in their own compartment in the back pack, but I guess the cord was stuck and I pulled too hard. It's not mom friendly if I can't reach under my seat of the plane & pull them out of my bag without hassle. Maybe put them in a big ziplock if you do take these on the plane, so you can possibly avoid doing what I did. I could have seen several other scenarios where I could have accidentally pulled it out- it didn't take much pulling. I would have given the product 4 stars if I thought they weren't so delicate. I 100% know this was partially my fault since I tugged a little hard pulling them out, but I don't think they are very practical if you are going to be throwing them in and out of backpacks or diaper bags on the plane a lot. A kid could easily use the same amount of force and break the headset. I bet with travel- it would take off some of the paint on the animal designs, too. I am going to look at a headset that would be foldable or have a case for my air travel. I do recommend these for home and other uses. I would probably buy them again and not take them to the airport. The baby looked adorable and they were perfect sizing (and my son's head is always in the 90% percentile)- but unfortunately they didn't even last a month for me. Another positive was that the sound quality seemed to work well- even with the noises on the plane. Definitely get what you pay for, as I felt the price was very good. The price is pretty good, especially if you don't pay for shipping and you want cute little animal faces to make them more kid looking. The passengers on the plane may have been less scared since my baby had these cute headphones on. lol Positive attention on the plane from kids is always good, right? :) If you have the money- you might want to buy a higher quality, name brand set.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not durable, January 3, 2012
I bought these for my 3 year old for travelling mainly by plane. She absolutely loved them and they worked well. However, after a single holiday overseas the point where the cable inserts into the headphones has started to fray. It is now patched up with duct tape :) They still work fine, but I dont think they will last for much longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just got them and love them!, September 3, 2010
My 3 year old fits into these headphones perfectly! They can even stretch to just about fit my head. The color of the bears is almost exactly like the picture. They are very cute, without being baby cute, and exactly what I was looking for. The sound quality is perfect for her. More importantly, the bears make her want to where these headphones. They are comfortable.

I will update after we take them on a plane. So far, very happy. They are what they are, first headphones. I just want her to get used to wearing headphones so I can invest in noise canceling for an airplane. If they make it to let little brother use them as his first pair, that would be great! I highly recommend as a first pair of headphones.

*update** 02/02/12
I just realized I didn't update this, I hate when people do that. This works great on a plane. We use it in the car. The headphones still work and now my 2nd child has the Tiger set. The sound is not super loud on these but she can hear on a plane so it seems to be great They are perfect for the younger group and I strongly recommend them.

3.0 out of 5 stars kids enjoy them, April 19, 2013
C. Kovscek (Washington, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Work well, only concern is the volume ajustment dial is very cheaply made. and there is no adjustment for head size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine for kids, May 8, 2014
We've gone through several pairs of these over the last couple years. The kids (9 and 5 y/o) are pretty rough with them, the cords get knotted etc. After a few months the sound stops in one ear so we toss and buy more. Content with the quality for the price. They get stomped and abused and have never physically broken.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, July 21, 2012
We bought three of these headsets for our kids. One was broken out of the box and a second pair stopped working halfway into a road trip. Now the kids use them as toys. Do not buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!!, May 16, 2013
Perfect for my 2 1/2 year old. Fit great and look so cute!! Going to be perfect for plane rides!