5.0 out of 5 stars A great daily moisturizer and sunscreen
I really like this product line. It wears well under make-up-- I use a light face powder.
Be aware that you need to rub-in fairly well as the titanium dioxide makes this white (like good sunblocks should).
I have naturally dry skin so this isn't too oily or greasy for me. It doesn't feel heavy at all.
I've also used the SPF 30, which does have a heavier...
Published on August 28, 2010 by M. Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent sunscreen but would buy one w/ higher spf
Published 20 months ago by Hedgehog

5.0 out of 5 stars A great daily moisturizer and sunscreen, August 28, 2010
This review is from: California Baby SPF 18 Everyday/Year-Round, 4.5Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I've also used the SPF 30, which does have a heavier texture and feel, but for hot/bright summer months it is worth avoiding the risks of skin cancer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best/safest sunscreen for my little one, September 21, 2011
TS (Everywhere) - See all my reviews
When I saw the most recent breakdown of general sunscreen safety levels and ingredient information I was honestly horrified. California Baby rated at the top of the list for safety and clean ingredients. It's also the most expensive but with this kind of thing you really are making a conscious investment in the health and safety of your child.

I ordered two bottles - one for home and one to leave at her preschool.

I love the way this goes on, it is light, smooth and does NOT leave a white residue.
The smell is something like a light lemon odor, not unpleasant and goes away quickly.
I can slather my daughter, full-body with this without a lot of 'pulling' at the sunscreen to get it to smooth over her skin. It feels like a quality product and we love it!

Also, a little bit goes a LONG way so this bottle should last quite a while even with full-body application almost every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome kid's sunblock, July 1, 2013
Suzie Q (Palo Alto, CA) - See all my reviews
This is the best value per ounce I could find for California Baby, is slightly larger than the tubes, and the pump container makes it very easy to apply. So, if you already know you want California Baby sunscreen, look no further - this is the best you are going to do! I keep it on my diaper changing table so I can apply it to my daughter every morning before bringing her to daycare.

If you've never used California baby, I highly recommend it. It gets a good rating from the EWG for saftey, which is how I learned about it in the first place. It is a bit pricier than other alternatives I've tried, but possibly worth it because it's nice to use. Here is how it measures up to some alternatives:
- Badger is cheaper and just as highly rated by the EWG, but very greasy (my husband and I both kind of dread having to apply it to my daughter) and has little white beads in it that end up all over your floor/clothes/etc.
- Seventh Generation is slightly cheaper and also really good (rubs in clear, smooth, nice smell). However, Seventh Generation is a lot thicker and almost waxier, so not quite as easy to use. It is possibly safer than California Baby, though - I guess there are nanoparticles of zinc in California Baby that some people are concerned about. Not so with Seventh Generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Natural Sunscreens, January 30, 2011
I have tired 3 of the "low concern" products listed on the Environmental Working Group's database. This by far is the best. First, it doesn't feel like you are spreading toothpaste on your face. Second, it doesn't turn you blue. Third, it smells nice. I use it on a daily bases beneath my make-up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent sunscreen but would buy one w/ higher spf, November 18, 2012
Generally, I like the California Baby brand - most of their products are rated as safe by Environmental Work Group (EWG.org). It came to my surprise that this particular product wasn't rated as safe (a 4 - a moderate hazard) due to the lower UV protection (SPF 18). If I were to purchase a sunscreen for my daughter, I would definitely stick with California Baby brand but buy one with a higher SPF. Also, the lemongrass scent can be overpowering. Apart from that, this sunscreen didn't cause an adverse reaction on my daughter's very sensitive skin, blended in quickly and despite the lower spf rating, seemed to offer enough protection during brief outings.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... apply this sun screen but it appears to work fine and it lasts a long time, July 6, 2014
this old sage (NH United States) - See all my reviews
It takes a lot of rubbing to apply this sun screen but it appears to work fine and it lasts a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it used to be, June 26, 2014
C. Downing (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I've been buying this sunscreen for several years. This is not what I used to buy, although the name is exactly the same. The new formula is heavy, greasy and leaves you with a white film all over the body. CB's everyday lotion with spf 18 used to stand out, now it's just as crappy as the other sunscreens.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing The Original Stuff, June 22, 2014
I think this is just thicker than the stuff I liked to use before they changed. I would always use it under my make up. This does the job of sunscreening, but leaves you looking gray/white. I wish the pleasant original formula was still available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Baby/Child Sunscreen, June 16, 2014
So easy to apply, smells nice, does the trick with minimal chemicals, and an added bonus is that my daughter (20 months) loves to play with the top!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, May 7, 2014
I hesitated when making this purchase because of the cost. BUT this is a phenomenal product.

Pros:
smells great
rubs in easily
easy to pump (some sunscreens are too thick and don't release easy from the package but that is not the case here)
no tears
child doesn't mind at all
not greasy

Cons:
expensive

California Baby SPF 18 Everyday/Year-Round, 4.5Ounce