Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on October 18, 2010
I'm not fabric expert so I don't know the name of the material used to make this boa. It's some sort of chiffon or something and the edges are all raw. So they unravel a little (or a lot) and leave little strands all over your clothes and the clothes of everyone around you. I guess this isn't too weird because I had a feather boa that shed like mad too.
This boa is also a little bit itchy and I wouldn't say it looks so much like seaweed. I'm thinking of maybe adding some more leaves and things in a different, more "neck friendly" fabric but I'll probably be too lazy and run out of time. Oh well... you get what you pay for
on November 4, 2015
She's like crazy! Kinda looks like seaweed, kinda looks like shredded green bits strung together. Cheap and easy to guess when paired with something (like my little mermaid costume). I glued it as a halter strap to two large shells to make a bra, and it just looked like seaweed around my neck.
on October 17, 2015
This is a lovely little item to complement a mermaid costume. It is greenish yellow and shimmery. The only problem is that I had on a black sweater when I unpacked it, and it sheded and clung terribly to my clothes. Did not seem to do this with cotton fabric.
on March 10, 2015
I bought it for a decoration at a mermaid party. It worked well for that. As far as for wearing, it is itchy, but it has a nice duotone shimmer. I let my three year old have it to use with her mermaid dress up clothes. It is well made and hasn't lost any leaves or anything like that.
on September 16, 2014
It will do the trick to complete the mermaid outfit I purchased, but it needed a little more sparkle.
I went to Joanne's Crafts and purchased a bit of light green sequin braid and cut it in small pieces
and tied it into the boa, now it's exactly as I would like it! If you're not into sparkle you'll think it's
perfect the way it is!
on September 17, 2014
I don't really care for the boa. Not really sure what I was expecting. I'm not even sure I will use it for my costume. The green is not a nice looking green, it's like an olive green with an orange hue. I don't even think it looks like seaweed. If I weave it through a net I suppose it will serve it's purpose.
on October 23, 2013
This boa is so much cuter in person than any pictures show! It has some iridescent leaves which make it look really special. It is much softer than I imagined too. I admit that didn't expect much out of it, esp for the price being seven dollars. But the quality is there!? My 5yr old daughter actually enjoys wearing it with her Ariel costume. I think it's a must have accessory for any mermaid! Very happy!!
on September 8, 2011
I bought four seaweed boas through Amazon.com for a costume party my (adult) friends and I will be attending. The boas actually do resemble seaweed and would suit our purposes if they weren't so uncomfortable against the skin. The material is scratchy and itchy and not suited for bare shoulders....which I would think would be their most common usage. Also, they shed. I did keep them but not sure why...maybe we can wear them in our hair. I wouldn't recommend these to a child unless the child is extremely tolerant of discomfort!
on October 4, 2013
It tends to shed quite a bit after wearing. Maybe my fault since she said it was itchy on the back of the neck so I wrapped it around her pony tail and wore it up in her hair. When she had enough; put it on me and it was all over my black t-shirt. Light weight and sturdy. Didn't dislike at all, it looked great with the mermaid costume. Thanks
on January 17, 2014
My 4 yr. old granddaughter is into "everything princess" and received an Ariel costume for Christmas. At first when she opened the seaweed boa she didn't understand what it was, but when her mother showed her, her face lit up and she didn't have her costume on without it after that. It is really thicker than it looks and quite realistic. I recommend it to any little girl who likes to play dress up.

See 1 answered question