Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 18, 2013
I bought this beautiful tote at the start of my nursing program due to all of the heavy books I have to carry!, this item is so durable, easy on the back & stylish! I absolutely love it! Extremely quick shipping too!
11 comment69 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2015
Purchased September 15, 2014 and both wheels broke yesterday (Feb. 10, 2015). I used it an average of once a week, and now it's useless. I would recommend against purchasing this product.

Edit February 19, 2015: Cal Pak's warranty center has just denied my claim, stating that the broken wheels were not a result of manufacturer defect. If using the bag once per week on paved services to get groceries causes the bag to break within 5 months, it is obviously a poorly-constructed product. The fact that Cal Pak will not stand behind their warranty speaks volumes. Do not buy.
review image
33 comments82 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2013
I am a teacher, live in the NYC and exclusively use public transportation or walk. This bag meets all of my needs. It holds a ton. It rolls and maneuvers wonderfully. It easily can be carried up or down stairs. If necessary you can hold it on your lap if the bus or subway is too crowded, and it looks great! I would definitely recommend it for any urban commuter.
22 comments71 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2013
Including the wheels, which Delta Air Lines figures into carry-on luggage guidelines, mine that just arrived is 21 by 16 by 8 inches, and Delta allows the three measurements to add up to 45 inches, so OK, so far (but the label that came with stated 20 x 16 x 8 inches and the Amazon description I read stated 8 x 20 x 15).

So it should suit my purpose, still, which is rolling a few things from Gate to Gate next trip instead of hoisting or juggling. All I bring is a purse-sized (but organizer equipped) every-day-carry bag, a hybrid laptop within its sleeve, a medium-sized tablet, a travel vest and hooded sweatshirt. Plane-side I plan to remove the sweatshirt (and/or vest) and laptop with sleeve and stow this bag overhead.

Around the neighborhood this will work for shopping around a few blocks, I'm sure.

The bag appears well-enough-made and plenty roomy; I wanted flexible rather than stiff, and except for the back where the collapsible handle goes, it is.

Update and correction - A few hours earlier I wrote: I'm 5'4" and the rather short handle works for me fine for pulling, as do the straps -- but taller folks might need to devise a workaround. BUT -- OOPS!-- I found the handle extends further after all, but does not lock (so this one's a puller)! So, I'm adding back a star, because the extended length makes pulling this easy-enough and OK for me.

Yes, it smells strongly like plastic now because it's polyester, after all, but I'm not passing out dizzy or getting lightheaded -- the odor doesn't seem extreme to me (besides, the thing is new, just out of the wrapping).

I bought two, so here's hoping I continue to be pleased in general.
1515 comments81 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2013
I ordered a rolling computer tote for an upcoming business trip, but had to return it because my computer was too big for the tote. I was sad to return a cute bag, but this tote turned out to be an even better solution. I slipped my computer in a sleeve and put it in here along with my purse and all my carry-on items, and it worked beautifully. The long handle is great; it's super-light and easy to roll, and it even fit (snugly) under the airplane seat.

I used it every day of my 5-day trip for round-trip travel and a two-block walking commute to the office, holding computer, notebook, snacks, water bottles, sweater - anything I need, and it's worked out for me so much better than being locked into a pre-designed storage configuration. I love it!
0Comment37 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2013
this is my first CalPak. I have an Olympia I love but I thought this was really pretty and maybe nice for the beach also. It is well made with good stitching and lots of details. If I paid more I would not be upset so this is a great bargain....quality and a low price....nicely packed and delivered. It is huge I have to say. Could easily be a weekender because it does zip closed on top which they dont all do. Not for heavy duty but a great casual bag.
0Comment40 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2013
This bag is pretty, well made and easily carry a lot of food. The wheels run smoothly even over the bumpy sidewalks.
0Comment24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2014
Went to Europe with just this bag for a fast 1 week trip
It holds a lot and is light.
Love it
0Comment28 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2015
I purchased this rolling bag to use daily and within 3 months of use the wheels were destroyed. This was rolling on pavement and brick.
It was not overloaded; it had 2 books, a 15 inch laptop, a water bottle, and one 1" binder.

I found this unacceptable.

The size was fine, and the handle worked well. If you only need to use this occasionally I'm sure it would be fine. But if you're looking for daily use, it will break quickly and not be worth the cost or frustration.
review image
on May 11, 2014
Unless you are shorter than 5'1" you will have a hard time pulling the bag. The handle is way too short!