5.0 out of 5 stars YUM
Great little recipe book! Many different ideas and pictures. It is also easy to use and follow. So far each dish that I have made using this has been a delight.
Published on March 12, 2012 by Grace

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Good Ideas!
Published on March 14, 2011 by Jleigh010

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Good Ideas!, March 14, 2011
This review is from: California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook (Hardcover)
I've made the dough recipe twice, first time it came out great without me having to add much flour. The second time for some reason I had to add at least a cup more flour. My suggestion is that if you make the dough recipe, keep in mind you may need a little more flour. Also, make it ahead of time and refridgerate AT LEAST overnight, up to 3 days if possible. When I refridgerated it, it came out very tasty. When I didn't it was bland and gross. In my opinion, the Avacado Eggroll recipe and a few salad recipes are worth checking out this book alone. But if you're skeptical, do like I did and borrow it from the library (if possible) and write down those few recipes that catch your eye.

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM, March 12, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well designed book., May 18, 2011
This review is from: California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook (Hardcover)
Book provides very useful receipe information. The stuff after cooking turns out very tastey. I recommend it very much.
I am a big fan of CPK and now a bigger fan of their receipe book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pizza Book, March 16, 2010
Steven Knaus (Golden, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have been making pizza using the thin crust recipe and the simple sauce recipe in this book and they have been outstanding. The key with any at home pizza is using a good quality pizza stone and an oven that can get high temps. I have an oven that goes to 550 and that combined with an 1 inch thick stone, this recipe works great with this setup. It is really a simple recipe and is ready in a couple of hours. The dough you can get very thin and is very flavorful. Overall, this book has lots of good pizza recipes that use a couple of different base crusts. I highly recommend this book if you want to start to make pizza at home that tastes like what you get at the restaurant.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, November 12, 2008
J. H. Tran (Huntington Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook (Hardcover)
I haven't tried all recipes yet. Just scan through and found out most of the recipes are simple and instructions are easy to follow

There are 4 basic sections for this book.
1/ Appertizer, salads, and panini sandwiches
2/ Specialties from menu, including chicken dishes and pizza
3/ Kids pizza party
4/ Dessert pizzas
There is not many recipes for pizza section which is not what I am looking for. However these are the pizzas you see they have at restaurant.
It seems the appertizer section is more interesting than the pizza section. Kid pizza party is ok. There is just a few for desert pizza.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, February 9, 2014
This review is from: California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook (Hardcover)
Used a couple of the receipts and they tasted like the restaurant. The only thing is you have to buy ingredients that you wouldn't normally cook with so unless you're planning on making it often or a lot of it, it may go to,waste

5.0 out of 5 stars We have really enjoyed the pizza dough recipes as well as the Miso ..., May 8, 2014
We have really enjoyed the pizza dough recipes as well as the Miso Salad. The marinara sauce is fantastic. The spicy version really is pretty spicy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you CPK. Clearly a cash grab with obviously flawed recipes., January 3, 2014
This review is from: California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook (Hardcover)
This book was a gift. The core objective was to recreate CPK's pizza dough.

Followed the directions to a "T". End result was a soupy gloopy mess. Only after reading the other one star Amazon review, it became clear the recipe was incorrect. The dough was off by two cups of flour.

Shame on California Pizza Kitchen for their poor quality control on lack of business ethics.

Stay away from this book. You will find better results online.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Family Pleaser!, November 14, 2013
K. Meredith (Chagrin Falls, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook (Hardcover)
Our family gives this cookbook Five Stars for the Lettuce Wraps alone! I can't wait to try the other recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Delivery!, April 26, 2013
This review is from: California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have always loved CPK and now I have my very own cookbook! you can also use this book to cook recipes with smaller children for home or Birthday party's. the book is easy to follow great pictures. If I had a complaint it would be more recipes from the actual menu.

California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook
California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook by Larry Flax (Hardcover - July 25, 2008)
$19.95 $16.42