Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on August 20, 2013
The book is well written and provides some nice information, but I have to say I'm very disappointed. It seems to only cover the same big 14 rivers and streams in N. California that everyone else talks about, many of which involve boat drifting which I have no interest in. I was hoping that it might have some smaller, less well known destinations as well. If you're into the 'premier' big catch destinations then you will probably like this, but just wasn't what I was looking for.
22 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2010
This is the most up-to-date & complete guidebook available at this time, there is no reason to purchase any other California Fly Fishing Guidebook. It is complete with maps, descriptions of the locations, seasonal differences which affect fishing, and fly patterns.
22 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2012
I am new to fly fishing and this has been an excellent resource on where to fish, what shops are located where, and suggestions on a few guides to help learn. I really liked the time table of what types of hatch's are happening during the year so I could match.
on September 4, 2013
This book is OK if you want information about some of the best known and famous waters. I was disappointed in that I was hoping that there would be some information on the lesser known waters. I would not have purchased this book if I had known this fact. The pictures are nice if that is what you are into.
on October 22, 2014
This was a awesome book for my trip to the sunshine state. I started off in Bishop and the sierras and worked my way all down the state. By the time I hit san diego I had used this to catch so many trout I stoped in at http://www.theflystop.com/san-diego-fly-fishing-guide-shop-charter in San Diego and they got me on some fishing that wasnt covered by the book. All in all though a must purchase if you want to fish California
on July 11, 2014
Definitive book for a non native Californian who generally feels that California has been able to destroy its best prizes. Most hunters I know hunt Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, etc. It is good to see that Rivers like the Lower Yuba have been regenerated after being trashed during the gold rush. Fabulous book that give this fisher hope for California fishing.
on February 24, 2013
This book reminded me how much great water is nearby. I have fished much of it, but plan to fish all the water. It's well written and does not lecture you, but informs you with some great info. It changed my fishing plans for this season. I can pick it up at any time and read a few pages and think about my next trip.
on February 5, 2014
Another great fishing book. A must have to find the right spot to spend the day. The only thing missing... Someone to fill in the hot spots. Get this book and sit back as you dream of haling in the big ones.
on April 27, 2013
I'm been reading this book and have been very delighted with the in-depth details of the different rivers, streams and lakes it covers.
on June 5, 2014
Will use this book for many years to come , great maps , camp ground info, food locations. thank you.