Top critical review
320 people found this helpful
Make a stand
on November 4, 2013
IGN: This game blows
Activistion: Look at all the $$$ we make though
IGN: This game is awesome - I'll give a 10
Activision: This makes us seem too arrogant, change to 8.8
IGN: Yes sir
And hence dear reader please find my review/rant
After completing single player and spending considerable time on multiplayer I have reassessed my first review and uninstalled this garbage. People say they will never buy another Call of Duty game again, I can safely say that I will never purchase another Infinity Ward title again. This is the final straw and I make my stand here.
This game represents all that is wrong with PC gaming.
- Obscenely high graphics requirements with the promise of Next Gen graphics which in reality reminds me of Quake 3 graphics (original source code).
- A huge download 30gb +, the answer is why?? These are certainly not used in texture quality, so why so high?
- No Field of View slider, a modification was made however Activision issued a cease and desist. Why penalise the community for trying to improve this diabolical game?
- Dedicated servers? Where are they, 75% host migration fails and the majority of my games end abruptly. Why with such a huge budget does Activision spite PC gamers?
- Same old game play, Infinity Ward has not innovated the sector since the release of the original Modern Warfare. Yes we have more guns, but look at how terrible the guns mechanics are. Currently more people play Counter Strike than Cod on PC, does that say something?
Now I compare with the other shooter Battlefield 4 which is inevitable. There is not a single redeeming feature within COD. Yes we have new maps, new guns and some new perks but this just remains with every new game. However in Battlefield 3 the expansion packs were generous providing a variety of new weapons, vehicles, maps and new game modes. This is what Call of Duty has now become, a yearly expansion pack with a high price that people like myself try and give Call of Duty one more chance.
And I believe that is the reason why people come back, we think it will improve, be something new because in the back of our mind we have had really enjoyable moments playing this game at some point. But those special moments are non existent now with this title, not once have I smiled, pumped my fist with a clutch play or grinned at that awesome kill (which has not happened due to lag). Instead I feel disengaged and find myself playing for the sake of playing since I spent the $60.
So I ask my fellow gamers to make a stand, and refuse to fund this behemoth anymore. Unfortunately we PC gamers are the outcasts of the gaming world and maybe if enough of us make a stand someone will listen.
GG Activision GG...