Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
|Price:||$14.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$15.01 (50%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- A new Call of Duty Universe
- The next generation of multiplayer
- 60 frames-per-second across all platforms
- A completely new one to four player, co-op game mode featuring a unique blend of fast-paced survival gameplay, base defense, player customization and class leveling.
- Build your team and take up to 6 of them into battle in the all new Squads mode.
- A new Call of Duty Universe
- The next generation of multiplayer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Outnumbered and Outgunned, but Not Outmatched.
Call of Duty: Ghosts is an extraordinary step forward for one of the largest entertainment franchises of all-time. This new chapter in the Call of Duty franchise features a new dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. Fueling this all new Call of Duty experience, the franchise’s new next-gen engine delivers stunning levels of immersion and performance, all while maintaining the speed and fluidity of 60 frames-per-second across all platforms.
Single Player Campaign
Ten years after a devastating mass event, America’s borders and the balance of global power have changed forever. As what’s left of the nation’s Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as “Ghosts” leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power. A New Call of Duty Universe: For the first time in franchise history, players will take on the underdog role with Call of Duty: Ghosts; outnumbered and outgunned, players must fight to reclaim a fallen nation in an intensely personal narrative. Gamers will get to know an entirely new cast of characters and visit locales in a changed world unlike anything seen in Call of Duty before.
In Call of Duty: Ghosts you don’t just create a class, you create a soldier, a first for the franchise. In the new Create-A-Soldier system, players can change the physical appearance of their soldier by choosing the head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and for the first time in a Call of Duty game, the player can also choose their gender. With 20,000 possible combinations, this is the most flexible and comprehensive character customization in Call of Duty history. New dynamic maps are the evolution of multiplayer. They include interactive elements and player triggered events that make the environment evolve as each match goes on. The entire landscape can shift and force players to change tactics and strategies. Call of Duty: Ghosts introduces new tactical player movements. The new contextual lean system now allows players to lean around obstacles without adding button combinations or fully leaving cover. The new mantling system allows fluid movement over objects, while maintaining momentum. The knee slide allows for a natural transition from sprinting crouching to prone. Call of Duty: Ghosts delivers over 20 NEW Kill Streaks in Call of Duty: Ghosts - such as Juggernaut Maniac, the Helo Scout, the Vulture and the ODIN Strike. Players can even bring in guard dog Riley, from the single-player campaign, to protect and also to attack enemies. There are also over 30 NEW weapons, including an entirely new weapon class: Marksman Rifles.
Build your team and take up to 6 of them into battle in the all new Squads mode. This mode takes the best parts of the multiplayer experience and allows you to play either solo or cooperatively with the custom soldiers created and leveled up in multiplayer. The load-out choices you make for your Squad members will directly change the AI behavior of your squad-mates. Give your soldier a sniper rifle and he’ll behave like a sniper, and an SMG guy will be more run and gun.
A completely new one to four player, co-op game mode featuring a unique blend of fast-paced survival gameplay, base defense, player customization and class leveling. Teamwork and communication are essential when playing Extinction, as your team faces an inhuman menace that has overrun an isolated Colorado town and you must eliminate the threat via any means necessary.
Platform: PlayStation 4 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
On to the multiplayer... Well, it's no secret that the vast majority of people hop on Call of Duty for the online multiplayer component. It's too bad then, that this game has some of the absolute worst multiplayer I've ever seen in my ~15 or so years of FPS gaming. Please note that even if you enjoyed the offline split-screen, this game only has support for two players max, which boggles the mind, but it's only one of the many blunders this game has wrought forth.
First off, let's talk about the maps. Oh. My. Frickin'. Gawd. These maps were designed by people who harbor an immense hatred of the human race, and as such clearly sought out to design the *worst* maps they could've possibly come up with. This is Call of Duty, not Battlefield, not Tribes, not Planetside. Why then, are the maps the size of friggin' small countries? You'll be running around for minutes (this is no exaggeration) without finding a single person to kill or get killed by sometimes. Not to mention thanks to the amazing art direction, all of the colors are horribly washed out and the textures blurry undefined globs of nothingness, so the characters all blend in, making it very easy to miss enemy players, thus winding up getting your brains plastered all over the walls very often.
I mean, the game is a 6v6 game for the most part, but the size of the maps completely ruins the flow of the game. People complained that Black Ops 2's maps were "too small", when in reality they were just right for that game, if not a little enclosed and claustrophobic.Read more ›
1.) No target finder from Call of Duty Black Ops II
2.) 1080p graphics
3.) The ability to open and close doors on buildings allows for setting up traps.
4.) Rather than prestiging a single character over and over, you just max out one of 10 squad members and then move on.
1.) The new perk system is beyond confusing.
2.) The weapons are not balanced.
3.) The dynamic events on each map don't really do anything.
4.) Rooms are hacked and the game has only been out a little more than a month.
5.) Maps are ridiculously huge and typically games can't exceed 9v9.
6.) The guard dog can be killed with a throwing knife, but can't be stabbed and takes a full clip to kill.
Overall, I wouldn't say I never had fun playing the game but after a week of playing it, I kept coming across hackers. It's no fun playing against people that can't be killed. Before this game launched, the developers promised several things that have not been delivered upon. They promised dedicated servers, a punkbuster that would stop all the hacking and glitching, and dynamic events that would change the maps. We have none of these.Read more ›
As for on-line gaming:
1) Sony has yet to run the game on dedicated servers (why PS+ requirement then?)
2) Ghosts was hacked in first week it was out - you'll come up against people who are impossible to kill, have endless ammo.
3) Re-used code
4) Maps so large it does nothing but promote camping and sniping.
5) Spawning is laughable, you'll respawn right in front of your enemy and get immediately shot in the back.
6) Dogs are very difficult to kill
7) Leveling up is very time consuming
Bottom line, if you're just going to play the campaign then buy the game. But it you are going to play on-line, I'd pass on this one.
The on-line gaming for Ghosts IS NOT FUN, it is aggravating and infuriating. Defeats the purpose of "gaming" - for me anyhow. There's no 'game' here, except for the hackers and campers. That said, I've spent a fair amount of time in Squad mode - where you fight 'bots' vs humans, but this mode can get boring. So it's either boring or infuriating. Wish I could say its good, but I can't.
Yes, its bad enough that I would sell my copy of the game, but I purchased the digital download version from PlayStation. This will be the last CoD game I buy blindly.
- The maps are gigantic with too few players. Average or part time players will wander around the map looking for someone to kill and get repeatedly shot in the back. Which leads to:
- The spawning system is only surpassed in stupidity by Black Ops I. The highly studied players camp the spawns so deaths come very quickly even when you get a map sorted out.
- Camping is rewarded to greatly in this game, probably because new players are tired of getting lost and killed quickly. If you play objective type games the game play is terrible. You could have several people doing their own thing in Black Ops II and still have an enjoyable game. With Ghosts it's virtually impossible to have fun if you have two or three lone wolf players on your team.
- The leveling system is ridiculously complicated. Since the maps are huge, there are many of them, and you can't be sure what type of team you'll be playing with you're pretty much relegated to playing a stealthy player just to hedge your bets.
- The players blend into the scenery so much it is almost impossible to see your enemies...
- The lag issues are strange since it looks like there's no lag but I'm repeatedly killed by players who I didn't see and in kill cam they run out from a corner and then shoot me. Must be the Ghosts reference in Call of Duty since from my perspective they were invisible.
- The game load times are atrocious and I've been booted for inactivity because the game is frozen while loading.
On the plus side - invest 48 hours of your life into learning the spawning logic, maps, and leveling up your squad so you can make an adequate/versatile soldier and you'll probably own the nubes.
You'd be much better just playing with yourself rather than buying Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So, this game gets a lot if hate. Not sure why. The campaign is one of the funnest I've ever played! However, the multiplayer is ehh.. Alot of snipers and campers. Read morePublished 11 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Call of duty ghosts is my first COD multiplayer game and first console game. I had player counter strike on PC few years back. Read morePublished 5 days ago by SteadyVG
Awesome game! We were happy it arrived quickly because we were anxious to play it. My son and I love it. Read morePublished 6 days ago by E_man_Reviewer
Main story line was very short. Couldn't believe it when the credits rolled.
Good game play tho...not bad for $12
Good game The campaign is the best cod campaign I have played other than world at war. Extinction is fun but once you beat it it has very limited replay value because there is only... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer