Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 18, 2012
The guide does a nice job covering the Campaign, Multiplayer, and the Zombies. The guide is 311 pages, which is only about 40 pages shorter than the Modern Warfare 3 strategy guide.

The Campaign section is 144 page, since it covers all the endings, intel, strike force missions, the weapons that you will encounter in the Campaign, and more. Yes, this guide includes all the ways you can branch the story. For instance, complete event "A" and fail event "b" and you will get result "C".

The Multiplayer section is about 156 pages, which includes coverage for all the maps, game modes, weapons, and more. Interestingly, this section includes tips from pros like Ernest Le, OpTic NaDeSHot, and TmarTn.

The Zombies section is only 12 pages, but it does provide a decent amount of coverage on the TranZit, Survival, and Grief modes. However, while the guide includes a map of TranZit, it does NOT include coverage on the Tower of Babble easter egg, perk locations, buildables' parts locations, teddy bear locations (for Hidden Song), or how Zombies works/is played (Like, scoring, basic tips, etc.) or any other hidden easter eggs that TranZit may hold. Oh well, more of a challenge that way I suppose. It also does not include the weapons you can earn from the Mystery Box. Simply put, this covers very little about Zombies/Green Run.

Now what makes this guide different from the paperback version? Well, this version has a hardbound cover with the "deus" (2) logo on the front and the Black Ops skull logo on the back. Second, the guide comes with a small journal that you can use to take notes in. The journal has the same cover design as the strategy guide.

If you want tips on the Multiplayer and Intel (Campaign) locations, or simply want to learn a few tricks on Zombies, then pick this guide up.
review image
on December 26, 2012
This book goes into high detail... From the maps to guns to perks and score streaks. I used it for the online game play so far. It comes with a hard bound notebook as well. About a 5 x 7" version notebook is included. Very nice guide!!!
on December 26, 2012
Excellent guide. Easy to follow and great detailed description of game play. Love the expanations of how to achive mission goals. Beautiful hard cover and excellent printing of both words and pictures.
on March 4, 2013
Book was bought as a christmas present for a teen gamer who loves to play his C.o.D., this was a welsome supplement and allowed him to go find some extras most people dont get by just playing the first time through.
on October 8, 2013
If you are new to Black Ops 2 this book will get you started with templates and recommended loadouts to design your special classes. It does not cover any downloadable map coverage for multi player or zombies. Great reference and complete campaign walk-through.
on February 3, 2013
My grandson loves the video game and this book encourages him to read about something he loves to do:
play this video game. He plays online with several friends and this book of strategy gives him a
definite advantage.
on March 5, 2013
So let me first say that I love strategy guides. I almost always feel compelled to get one for nearly any game I play. I know it might not be necessary or some may consider it "cheating" (LOL!) but I am not one of those people. I remember when Nintendo used to make their own guides (via Nintendo Power magazine) and if a guide wasn't Nintendo then it was likely Prima. These days, there are several major publishers for strategy guides, of which, Brady Games is one.

Brady Games does an excellent job of making game guides! I truly love their work. It has been a while since I've seen or used a Prima Games guide, but I never really liked them much anyway. These days, I have a stack of Brady Games guides that look very nice lined up together, seeing as how they all share the same design on the spine. Unfortunately, I won't be able to add this guide to that stack.

Let me also say that I am not giving this guide a 3-star review because it doesn't look the same as my other Brady Games guides. Of course not! This guide is a Collectors Edition and as such, has a much different hard-cover design. Pretty much the entire difference between it and its standard version counterpart. I love the Hardened Edition cover style and the surface texture is also nice. The little journal the guide comes with is a little cheap (I didn't even know it was included when I ordered the guide) but its cool to have! I ended up not buying a planner for school this semester and am using the Hardened Edition journal instead (very cool because only a real BOPs fan will recognize it).

The only reason I'm giving this guide 3 stars (and am considering changing it to 4) instead of 5 is because it really isn't that much better than the standard edition. It seems like they used the same paper and the layout is also likely identical. Its still a really nice piece of work, but just seems like it was a liiittle on the cheapo side when manufactured.. Probably why they felt compelled to include the addition of the journal.

The CE and the SE really aren't that much different in price, so its not like you'd be at a loss if you ordered this one and wished you hadn't but I guess my situation is very personal and specific to me. Anyway, thanks for reading (if you did) and I hope you find yourself happy and satisfied with whatever decision you end up making :)
on February 18, 2013
This Call of Duty Black Ops II book does have a lot of good information to help with the new version of this game. If your new to Black Ops or just want to improve your game then I suggest to purchase a copy and see for yourself.
on June 10, 2013
Only problem I have is there isn't much on the newer zombie levels. Or much on any undead levels. Campaign and multiplayer are spot on. The Hard Copy is a definite finish to my Black Ops II Hardened Edition.
on December 30, 2012
The black ops ll limited edition strategy guide is a very nice looking book. it is very informative and easy to read. I wish it went a little more into zombies though. over all, very nice.