Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on September 5, 2013
The original COD was great. Things got a little squirrely in COD2 but it was still pretty good. COD4 is quite different - heh, not WW2 but it's about stuff that is happening today - kinda like Seal Team 6, that is you are part of a small group that goes out and does heroic stuff. Rescue this guy, assasinate this guy, settle thus problem. I played it once on the easiest seeting and then went back and turned it up a notch. I got about a third of the way through and then got into a problem I just couldn't get past, trying to protect a disabled tank. Being an old guy, 77, I expect to have slower reaction times so....
It's a pretty good game that would remind you of some of the stuff in the original - the ambient sounds, the chatter. THere's even a voice coaches you as you go along. It's a decent COD game just not a world shaker.
on June 20, 2013
I'm a big Call of Duty and Medal of Honor game fan anyways!!! I have loved these games since the very first time I have ever played one!! This game just continues the Call of Duty tradition of great games to play!!!!
on June 2, 2013
This is the best CoD in the series. No other CoD will live up to it's greatness EVER! All the DLC's are free and don't pay $60 for parts of the game that are already included.
on December 9, 2014
**Before you read the review** Let me point this out now

- THE ONLINE MASTERSERVER has been removed by activision, so you don't have access to servers. (Multiplayer is still playable with around 1000+ players) but you'll have to manually go to gametracker.com copy the IP address and port number and then do (~) connect "IP here"

it took me over a day to figure out how to connect, and I was able to finally manage.

As for the longest time I've been a call of duty fan (mainly because of COD4) I picked up this game on the 360 back in 2007 and absolutely loved call of duty. I've been pre-ordering every CoD since CoD4 (yes and going to the midnight releases up until 2013) As a 360 player I've always felt CoD4 was perfect as it is. But as soon as I heard about the pc version (around 2010) I just got so into it, always watching Call of Duty videos on mods exclusive to pc. In 2012 I was able to build my pc and achieve my dream in the gaming world.

I just recently just started earning some money and decided to pick up CoD4 mainly for memories, and started playing mod support, and I honestly have to say. After waiting for 4 years, it was well worth the wait.
I'd definitely recommend this to a friend and any other pc player.
on May 28, 2013
I was pleased in the speed I downloaded this game. As for the game itself, I have finally finished the game and was well pleased in it's concept and in the game itself. It was exactly what i was wanting in a war game...
on January 28, 2015
Best First person shooter ever!
Still very popular with thousands of servers to play on (As of January 2015)

Expect the server count to drop as time goes by and the game ages and new games come out.

Game play is excellent with excellent graphics, sound, controls and game detail and realism are fantastic.

I do not like how I can't search for individual users in the server browser.
That function was possible way back in 1997 with Tribes, so why isn't it possible with COD4?
Not a lot to ask for us to help find our buddies on other servers.
on September 20, 2014
I love it. It took a few loopholes to get running, such as making sure another set of headphones was plugged into the microphone jack for some reason. Also, punkbuster won't connect or update with COD4 so I can't get into some servers without being kicked. But aside from that, this is probably my all time favorite game!
on July 20, 2014
Still the best Call of Duty. Dedicated servers, no lag, 64 player maps, admins kick noob hackers, hell yeah! Every other CoD game after this kept going deeper and deeper into the latrine. Punkbuster no longer officially supports this game but you can still find modded versions of PB or play on non PB servers.
on May 25, 2014
If you want good shooting action and a plot that will last for many scenes this is a game for you. You can play the game at many levels after you get the hang of it and it does not get boring. A good investment for your game collection for all of you shooters.
on December 27, 2013
Overall: Not a bad game, but nothing eye popping either. The single player mode offered only a short story to follow - a definite minus to those with limited online speeds. The reality of the weapons was very cool, but the backgrounds seemed to lack the depth I would expect from a game like this. CoD II seemed to hold my attention better and objectives were clearer, but maybe this is more like the modern warfare that CoD 4 tries to capture. Also, the AI is predictable. But the price was certainly right.