Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 75% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year Edition
|Price:||$13.25 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$16.74 (56%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Game of the year - The game has secured more than 15 perfect score reviews, and more than 50 combined Editor's Choice and Game of the Year awards.
- Authentic advanced weaponry - With more than 70 new and authentic weapons and gear, including assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines,. 50 caliber sniper rifles, machine guns, night-vision goggles, and ghillie suits for maximum concealment, Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare has players locked and loaded to accomplish their mission.
- Coordinated assault and support - Rapid deployment gives gamers an adrenaline rush as they fast-rope from tactical helicopters, ride in an armada of attack choppers, utilize jets to remove enemy strongholds, and even engage hostiles from thousands of feet above the ground inside a state of the art aerial gunship
- Cinematic quality graphics and sound
- Unparalleled depth of multiplayer - Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty 2, delivering a persistent online experience for greater community interaction
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Authentic weapons include assault rifles with laser sites, claymore mines, .50 caliber sniper rifles, M-249 SAW machine guns and more
- Engage hostiles from above in a thoroughly modern aerial gunship
- Rim lighting, character self-shadowing, texture streaming and physics-enabled effects add incredible realism
- Rack up experience points to unlock new items and gain perks
- Create-a-class options allow you to customize gear for the best chance of success
- Ride as part of an armada of attack choppers delivering manpower to the battlefield
- Take down enemies from the sky in well-equipped jets
- Matchmaking and leader boards provide the latest developments in tracking
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Game of the Year
Top Customer Reviews
Activision seems to want even more money, and have now taken to bait and switch marketing tactics. Previous version of this Game of the Year Edition have been advertised as coming with a token you could use to download the Variety Map Pack. It's a gimmick used for pretty much all Game of the Edition games. It's what makes them worth the purchase over the older version of the game. Without this token, downloading the map pack is going to cost you about $10.
So now without any public notice, Activision has stopped including the free tokens inside GOTY Edition games. Making this game $48.99 (if you want the new maps) instead of Amazon's current price of $38.99. Buyer beware.
Buy this game used and don't let Activision rip you off as they did me.
It would also be nice to see Amazon put up a notice denoting this game will no longer include the map packs.
Modern Warfare has the most realistic graphics ever made for a game. It's very much like being inside a film. It is a visual feast. The sounds of wars are as real as if you are on the battlefield. The bad guys are smart and adjust as the situations change. The game has a great story with more than a few interesting characters. One of the most compelling aspects of the game is the accurate portrayal of the chaos of war. Confusion reigns as the enemy floods forward. What to do, where to go, when to stand and when to charge, are all choices that you make in the fluid situations of combat. The battles are long. The enemies just keep coming. Very, very cool.
If you are a first timer in the wonderful world FPS's start out on the Recruit level. If you are an experienced gamer you will find the upper levels more than challenging.
Modern Warfare's multiplayer is amazing. This is THE best shooting multiplayer experience to be had on line. Many features and new maps add to the addiction. But, if you are a FNG, playing online in multiplayer can be a bit difficult to get the hang of. Be prepared to suffer some humiliation until you get your skill levels up. Hang in there.
The Arcade Mode is an great additional (and mostly overlooked) feature. Here you play to rank yourself in the Modern Warfare universe across the planet. Allso, very cool.
HIGH replay value. A whole lot of bang (pun intended) for your buck.
Not many. The game is fairly short. The Veteran level is insanely difficult. The cheats available to the PC are not available on the 360. That's it.
You will not be disappointed.Read more ›
I purchased the map pack the day it dropped and instantly had mixed feelings. Two of the maps, Creek and Killhouse, only tangentially keep with the game's fiction. Creek is vast, set in an undulating eastern European countryside. Due to the map's size, most players equip sniper rifles and just pick others off as they make their way through choke points and hence has gained a reputation as a "camper's paradise", meaning that players tend to just sit and wait, or "camp", rather than rush their opponents. Killhouse, on the other hand, is somewhat like Halo 3's Foundry map in that it is a big generic warehouse within which players navigate generic barriers and structures. It really is supposed to resemble an indoor military training area and can only be accessed online by playing Team Objective games (like Search and Destroy, Sabotage, etc.) or playing private matches with your friends. If you don't appreciate campers in FPS's and would prefer not to play a map that feels "outside" the game's narrative space, you may not enjoy these two maps.
Chinatown is in a class of its own, and well outside the game's fiction. It is a remake of an old FPS map and very dark, with convoluted passages through a cluster of themed buildings and various shifts in altitude depending upon which building you're in.Read more ›
In Call of Duty 4 you don't play as only one character; most of the time you will switch between an American Marine and the S.A.S. (British version of Navy Seals) member "Soap" McTavish. For brief spells you play as other characters too. Although I have not completed the single-player game, most of the experience I have had has been excellent. The guns are mostly fun to use, particularly the super-powered weapons (like rocket launchers) that you control for brief stints. The realism is stunning. Cars explode, and grenades thrown by the enemy can be returned. Sniping is more "arcade style", but still an enjoyable part of the game. My one complaint is that there are a few parts of the game where enemies keep running at you from the same place, and the game turns into some sort of target practice arcade. There are a few parts like this in the missions I have played, however they are not frequent, so the game is still enjoyable.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Omg its amazing he game was perfect and shopped sooner than thoughtPublished 29 days ago by Sean Tyler Randell
Really a good game still, even tho it's been so long since it's release. A classic FPS that still is fairly active to this day.Published 1 month ago by NWM