5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series!
Published 11 months ago by Linda

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but less interesting than previous seasons.
Okay, just not as good as the first two seasons. The stories center more on the drama in the main characters lives, rather than developing new characters & plots concerning pregnancies & birth. (Isn't that what it's all about? ) Some of the situations seem contrived and unrealistic.
Not enough Chummy!! I miss her interaction with the midwives & moms.
Published 4 months ago by Bobby G. Breton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series!, January 17, 2014
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season 3 (DVD)
I almost never write reviews, but this series is so wonderful that I felt I had to write one. I am not a big fan of period or historical movies/series, but this series is one of the best shows I have ever seen. EVER. It took me until episode 2 to fully get into the characters/story line, but gosh, once I started watching I did not want to stop. I am so happy that there will be a season 3 at some point but it can't come fast enough for me. I like Downton Abbey but I LOVE this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love it, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season 3 (DVD)
This is one of the best series I have ever watched. No trials, murders, crime scenes, trash, no f bombs. I think it will appeal more to females but expect many men to enjoy it too. I cannot wait for the fourth season and have already paid for it. Oh, to live is a simpler time. I would love to see more series set in the 30s, 40 s, or 50s. Think I am getting too old.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Missing Link!, April 4, 2014
If you, like me, missed the Christmas 2013 special of Call the Midwife you had a big question mark over your head at the 'Previously' that ran before the first episode of season 3 on PBS March 29th. This is the missing link. If you want to see it you'll have to get your fix here. It isn't available on PBS.
That said this is an awesome series that so far lives up to the last two. Great characters; great faith based values; definitely girl power but it is set in 1957-59 so it can only go so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this show, April 3, 2014
R. Hawkins (Austin, Texas) - See all my reviews
I had to rewatch Season 2 to refresh my memory before I could watch the new season. Be sure to watch the Holiday episode BEFORE starting with Season 3 Episode 1. I really enjoy this series. When I can't Watch Downton Abbey on Sunday nights, it was good to find another show to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful show!, October 28, 2013
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season 3 (DVD)
"Call the Midwife" is one of THE best programs I have ever seen. The characters are engaging, the storylines compelling. I love period pieces. Hats off Ms. Worth for sharing these marvelous stories with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars If this appeared on PBS, it slipped by me..., March 31, 2014
Elizabeth Rose (Lisbon, ND United States) - See all my reviews
But I was happy to find it here so I could figure out what I had just seen in the S3 premiere. It is also just a wonderful special in its own rights, and now that I enjoyed one seasonal aspect featured, I may watch again at Christmas to enjoy the other. If you love CTM, this is not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars description of life in post WWII England for young women, May 12, 2014
This series shows one live childbirth after another. I have never seen so many childbirths. The powerful emotion brings tears to my eyes every time. I don't know how the director did it, but the outcome is incredible. Several of the beginning episodes seem like repeats of other stories I have enjoyed (A Taste of Honey), but the interpretation is different enough to keep things interesting. Now in Series 3 the story has branched out from the emotion of every childbirth to stories about each midwife. Still interesting, not quite as emotional. Still worth seeing. Much, much better than usual TV fare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the time, November 1, 2014
It is always a temptation to think it would be fabulous to plan an all day or weekend marathon to watch each season. However, I can never watch more than one or two episodes at a time because in addition to being a captivating drama, I find it to be a highly emotional experience, on many levels. I love the Nuns and the Mid-wives, especially Sister Monica Jane, Chummy, and Jenny, and get thoroughly wrapped up in their experiences. I also find it very enlightening and thought provoking when seeing the situations they deal with and how they deal with them. As a Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse, I rarely find any show dealing with the Birthing Process or medical situations able to engage me beyond critiquing the accuracy with which this is portrayed. I can watch any episode of this series without getting caught up with how well it is done, rather than what is happening. It has sparked some very deep reflection on my part about what I do and how I do it, and whether progress in some aspects of medicine and patient care equates with improvement, or if sometimes there are some very important aspects of caring which have been left behind. This is also the first show dealing with medical situations that I have ever been able to share with my mother. She finds if every bit as captivating as I do, and it has given me a way to help her to understand some of what I deal with on an almost daily basis.

4.0 out of 5 stars ***Spoiler Alert*** Love this show, but...., May 29, 2014
This show is one of my favorites; however due to Jessica Raine leaving, the last episode of the season is a disappointment. It just ends with a narration from Vanessa Redgrave explaining that the man she just met becomes her husband and they have two daughters.... What? I'm not sure how the BBC and PBS think the show can go on without the main character. The other characters are strong, and they've already taken artistic liberties and deviated from the original memoirs of Jennifer Worth. Let's hope they figure out how to keep going while maintaining the integrity of the original "story".

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but less interesting than previous seasons., July 23, 2014
Not enough Chummy!! I miss her interaction with the midwives & moms.

Call the Midwife: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
Call the Midwife: Season 3 (Blu-ray) by Various (Blu-ray - 2014)
$44.98 $24.99