5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Excellent game, highly recommended
Published 1 month ago by wilson edman toledo quevedo

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting from Call of Duty.
Published 8 months ago by HazMatt

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting from Call of Duty., December 16, 2013
I have been a purchaser of the yearly installments of Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2. I bought Battlefield 4 and Ghosts for my PS4 at launch. I only bought Battlefield 4 because the guy at Gamestop urged me to with my left over trade credits. I was sadly disappointed with Ghosts after playing it for the last month. I have no enjoyment when I play it anymore and am going to be getting rid of it soon. It is very rare that I have been able to get into a room where someone hasn't hacked the game and goes 35-1. Here are the main pros and cons of Ghosts.

Pros:
1.) No target finder from Call of Duty Black Ops II
2.) 1080p graphics
3.) The ability to open and close doors on buildings allows for setting up traps.
4.) Rather than prestiging a single character over and over, you just max out one of 10 squad members and then move on.

Cons:
1.) The new perk system is beyond confusing.
2.) The weapons are not balanced.
3.) The dynamic events on each map don't really do anything.
4.) Rooms are hacked and the game has only been out a little more than a month.
5.) Maps are ridiculously huge and typically games can't exceed 9v9.
6.) The guard dog can be killed with a throwing knife, but can't be stabbed and takes a full clip to kill.

Overall, I wouldn't say I never had fun playing the game but after a week of playing it, I kept coming across hackers. It's no fun playing against people that can't be killed. Before this game launched, the developers promised several things that have not been delivered upon. They promised dedicated servers, a punkbuster that would stop all the hacking and glitching, and dynamic events that would change the maps. We have none of these. What they have given us in several updates is a wolf skin for that guard dog that you can buy for $1.99 and an ugly Christmas sweater camo for your guns.

In conclusion, this game is not fun if you are a long time fan of the series. It pretty much rewards all of the worst playing habits: quick scoping and camping. The controls feel stiff and sluggish. It's almost like playing a generic version of Call of Duty. Someday, the developers might realize that all people are really looking for is an updated version of Modern Warfare 2. As I said before, I will be getting rid of this game. I can't see putting any more money into this game when it is clear that the developer would rather release add-ons that they can charge another $50+ for than fix the original product.

2.0 out of 5 stars RENT this before you buy it… even at $49 price point I recommend RENTING first, December 22, 2013
I've been playing Call of Duty for years, and loved it. The campaign on this version is good, graphics are really good, but that's where the fun ends.

As for on-line gaming:
1) Sony has yet to run the game on dedicated servers (why PS+ requirement then?)
2) Ghosts was hacked in first week it was out - you'll come up against people who are impossible to kill, have endless ammo.
3) Re-used code
4) Maps so large it does nothing but promote camping and sniping.
5) Spawning is laughable, you'll respawn right in front of your enemy and get immediately shot in the back.
6) Dogs are very difficult to kill
7) Leveling up is very time consuming

Bottom line, if you're just going to play the campaign then buy the game. But it you are going to play on-line, I'd pass on this one.

The on-line gaming for Ghosts IS NOT FUN, it is aggravating and infuriating. Defeats the purpose of "gaming" - for me anyhow. There's no 'game' here, except for the hackers and campers. That said, I've spent a fair amount of time in Squad mode - where you fight 'bots' vs humans, but this mode can get boring. So it's either boring or infuriating. Wish I could say its good, but I can't.

Yes, its bad enough that I would sell my copy of the game, but I purchased the digital download version from PlayStation. This will be the last CoD game I buy blindly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty: Ghosts (aka - A Shade of its Former Self), November 21, 2013
This is by far the worst Call of Duty. Here are the issues:
- The maps are gigantic with too few players. Average or part time players will wander around the map looking for someone to kill and get repeatedly shot in the back. Which leads to:
- The spawning system is only surpassed in stupidity by Black Ops I. The highly studied players camp the spawns so deaths come very quickly even when you get a map sorted out.
- Camping is rewarded to greatly in this game, probably because new players are tired of getting lost and killed quickly. If you play objective type games the game play is terrible. You could have several people doing their own thing in Black Ops II and still have an enjoyable game. With Ghosts it's virtually impossible to have fun if you have two or three lone wolf players on your team.
- The leveling system is ridiculously complicated. Since the maps are huge, there are many of them, and you can't be sure what type of team you'll be playing with you're pretty much relegated to playing a stealthy player just to hedge your bets.
- The players blend into the scenery so much it is almost impossible to see your enemies...
- The lag issues are strange since it looks like there's no lag but I'm repeatedly killed by players who I didn't see and in kill cam they run out from a corner and then shoot me. Must be the Ghosts reference in Call of Duty since from my perspective they were invisible.
- The game load times are atrocious and I've been booted for inactivity because the game is frozen while loading.

On the plus side - invest 48 hours of your life into learning the spawning logic, maps, and leveling up your squad so you can make an adequate/versatile soldier and you'll probably own the nubes.

You'd be much better just playing with yourself rather than buying Call of Duty: Ghosts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty - sponsored by Coleman and REI, February 28, 2014
-camping, camping everywhere
-spawns are terrible, I'm being shot BEFORE I EVEN MOVE
-Maps are too big
-customization/perks are confusing

This is one of the worst games I've ever played. This is not fun

1.0 out of 5 stars The game is GARBAGE now, January 4, 2014
*** Campaign: The campaign is around 5-7 hours long. It's very simple and not challenging at all. Same Campaign as MW1 & MW2 & 3. Just run around kill 10 enemies in front of you and move to the next level. Graphics are ok, but not that good for next gen compared to BF4 or Killzone. Only new thing in the game is the dog that you take control of it in certain parts of the game. Story is predictable, and very simple. No customization for guns or even gun chose in the single player ( unlike Black Ops II that you could choose your gear) you just pick up guns of the ground as you go; no control over the attachments. Overall, there were only two levels that really got my attention, but other than that, nothing was that interesting. Just simple run and shoot... just like 10 years ago.

*** Multiplayer: I played the game for 5 days and 15 hours so far, my K/D is 2.11 at the moment and I can tell you I'm done with the game till the next DLC comes out.
I can not say Ghosts is like other CODs because It simply is nothing like BO II. However, the game uses pretty much a same mechanism to attract gamers and especially new players. As I said at the beginning, the game gets really boring after few days. Everything is just the same as the previous matches. I play KC and Domination more than any other modes, but I can tell you %90 of the time every match is like the previous one. Same old same old, campers camp at a corner and get 30 kills and their team loses because they had no team work,.... I get 3 kills then someone re-spawns behind me and kills me. Ghosts is the only COD that really made me start camping and not doing my objective as much as I used to.
killstreaks: as title says USELESS. Maps are very big and getting heli and other killstreaks like it won't get you that many kills. On the other hand, it is good thing since nobody really cares about getting them; therefore, nobody should camp, RIGHT? WRONG... In every map, there are tons of corners and camping spots for players to camp & snipe. I just don't understand what is the point of camping when killstreaks are useless!!!
Lag is still there: when number of players go above 50000 players, I feel the lag gets worse. When I got the game, everything was fine, pretty much no lag at all. but now,.... it's crazy. Same thing that used to happen in BO II. You shoot the guy nothing happens, he shoots you, die in 3 bullets. Some people see you earlier than you see them. However, I believe it's Sony's server, not the game servers. Because I also experience lag in Killzone and BF4 ( but not as much as COD ).

BIGGEST ISSUE: for some reason IW decided to shove Clans up our asses. I never took gaming that serious to join clans. I just enjoy the game for what it is, and play it for 2-3 hours every day. However, be prepared to be put against crazy good clans because there are certain days of every month that are dedicated to clan wars. What about people who want to play alone? I'm not saying this because I'm not part of a clan ( I have a clan IMOR ), but I'm saying it because I see we go against people who just purchased the game and have no idea what is going on. It will ruin the experience for them, and it is never fun to go against 5 clan members with 3-4 times the skill of a new player. Therefore, be prepared to avoid the game in certain days of every month because you will be against clans of people who prestiged 5-6 times. In the first week of release, I could hardly see 3 people in one clan, but now pretty much 80% of every lobby is part of a clan. Don't get me wrong, clan wars are fun and challenging, but why they are mixed with regular players?? just have them play in a separate lobby.

Over all: this is the list that I recommend for you guys out there, if you just want to buy one FPS multiplayer PS4 game. Here is my list:
1- Battlefield 4( Interesting campaign, crazy good MP )
2- Killzone ( OK campaign, very fun MP)
3- COD ghosts

1.0 out of 5 stars Marginally better than the PS3 version, but still BORING!, January 6, 2014
Amazon Customer (Elkridge, MD USA) - See all my reviews
Thought I'd try this again after a few months - it's actually gotten worse. Hardly anyone plays online, and those that do are clans. So, if you're playing solo, expect to have a horrible experience. If you can get into a match at all. Matchmaking can sometimes take longer than playing the actual match. Even playing against bots (wargame), you will wait and wait and wait for enough players to join. And all the terrible game mechanics are still there; spawning in front of enemy bullets, getting killed 6 feet around corners, lag, frame drops, glitches, host migrations... the list goes on and on. This game truly deserves zero stars.

FINAL ANALYSIS: It's boring, frustrating, and oftentimes maddening. Activision insults us by forcing these horrible maps on us with the release and then tries to sell us the 'good' maps in a DLC. And now these new weapons (Maverick and Ripper) feel like pay to win. Maybe they'll sell perks like "no-host-disadvantage", "frag-the-lag", "shoot-first-kill-first!", and "dedicated-servers-for-dedicated-players". I'm being only half-sarcastic; I really can see this happening, especially with the cast of clowns at Activision. COD is dead to me now and forever. Time to move on!

UPDATE2: Not only do they keep pushing the cruddy maps (Free Fall has been made universal, so it's coming up MUCH more often), but I seem to be getting host a lot now. What happened to dedicated servers?! The game has gotten so bad I'm only playing Squads now. But even playing against bots is frustrating - they camp just as hard, but they have built-in aimbot and they appear to see through walls. IW must really want us to buy the DLC for those small and medium maps as they keep pushing the large ones. Well, no thanks - I'm speaking with my wallet and refusing to buy anymore from IW. I'm going back to BLOPS2, along with thousands of others. As of this morning, there were only 40K playing. Dropping my star rating from 2 to 1. It's that bad now.

UPDATE1: I don't know what Activision is doing, but they seem intent on pushing every one of their bad maps at me, over, and over, and over again. Siege, Sovereign, Stonehaven, Chasm - it's a never ending repeat cycle. And there are so few players on - just today, it was 45K. Worldwide. So, finding a match without a large ping is hard to come by. And it shows. This game is absolutely no fun. I'm dropping it from 3 to 2.

The graphics ARE better in the single and multiplayer modes. However, in MP mode, I do find the extra shading and lighting effects to be distracting and makes it even harder to see the enemy - dark corner McDougal's are even darker! And the beams of lights blind you - almost as bad as a flash bang. More deaths that can be attributable to map design, yay.

I do notice much less stuttering/lost frames, thanks to the power of the PS4. But lag compensation will always be with us. Still too many deaths from invisible enemies. At least the game is appropriately named - I often feel like I'm shooting at ghosts (bullets don't seem to hit at all) or being shot at by ghosts - bullets hitting me out of thin air.

So, this game is just slightly better in the PS4 version. Is it worth the $10 upgrade if you have the PS3 version? Sure, why not. But it's still only a 3/5.

2.0 out of 5 stars This reminded me why I was tired of these games., November 26, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I used to like FPS like Call of Duty and this reminded me why I don't like this series anymore. I should note that this review is based on going through the campaign mode and I can't speak to the multiplayer.

Pros:
1. Technically, it's very good with great graphics.

Cons:
1. While the graphics are very good, like most of these games, it doesn't give you a chance to really look around and admire them. You have to keep pushing or there's some kind of time limit that prevents you from looking around. Of course, exploring is not a characteristic of these games.

2. It's a rail shooter. There's a particular path you have to follow, there are endless enemies in your way you have to eliminate, you pick between a few different guns, and you just keep going. I find this monotonous.

3. The plot is tired and stupid. I won't provide spoilers here, but it hits all the usual vapidity and overused elements you've seen in movies. It even shamelessly rips off a ridiculous scene from The Dark Knight Rises.

4. It tries too hard with the variety. "Hey, let's control a tank! Hey, let's control a dog! Hey, let's control a V-22! Hey, let's control an A-10 which behaves just like the V-22!" One of the irritating things about this is there's no extra ability or weapons to use. You just hit "up" whenever prompted to do whatever variety they decided on for that level.

5. It likes to think it's a movie. The Call of Duty games have seemingly devolved into thinking of the game as a movie they turn into a game. Unlike, say, the Bioshock or Assassin's Creed series, they've yet to perfect how to effectively tell stories through the video game medium. Because of this, they get too focused on Michael Bay things, like blowing stuff up and cut scenes you get to watch, but otherwise don't do much for you or the story.

Overall:
It's ok and the multiplayer may be good, but the main campaign is just lame as is the combat. I guess I've gotten spoiled by sandbox shooters like the Bioshock, Borderlands or Far Cry series that have lots of real variety in the missions, tools, and weapons, and you also have a different ways you can approach missions instead of just a series of "follow that guy, use these guns, take cover here or here, shoot those guys, do this special thing once," repeat. I've felt this way about the past two or three Call of Duty games. Hopefully, I'll learn my lesson this time and stop blowing my money on them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., April 27, 2014
LudaTrix (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
First off, let me say I have loved almost all the latest COD's on the 360. I read a lot of bad reviews and decided to buy it anyways since i got it for $40. This will be the last Call of Duty I buy because of this horribly broken game, my main con was the map layouts and size which must have been designed by a 3 year old. I know this game has been going down hill for a while after MW2 but I had hoped for more and wasted my money for the last time!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Campaign, Bad Multiplayer, February 25, 2014
I got this game as well as Battlefield 4 when I got my PS4 (which is 2 weeks ago), and I find it more frustrating then fun.

Pros:
- Ok Campaign
- Extinction is pretty fun. I would mostly play that game mode (you will see why)
- Lots of Trophies (I'm an trophy guy)

Cons:
- Horrible Multiplayer
- Huge Maps that promotes camping
- I personally dont like the squad points. I like the old level up and unlock
- Some hackers
- Campers, Campers, Campers! So many campers!
- Barely any Multiplayer game modes compared to other Call Of Duty games like Black Ops 2 (hated that game too)

Overall, if you want a game more frustrating then fun then get this game. It was a waste of time and money. Save your money and pre-order games like Watch Dogs or Destiny. This game was defiantly overhyped.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only good for hackers., February 22, 2014
I Bought this game for a bundle with PS4 and have to say its a garbage can collectible, Why I say that is because of many reasons.

1) Uses same graphics engine since World of War came out
2) Game was hacked on the first week it was released
3) Many people are on 7th or higher prestige
4) Map designs encourage camping
5) Everyone is using a shotgun or a DMR?Sniper Rifle to think they are badass
6) Spawning is bugged out, Yesterday I had spawned near an enemy and he melees me. TWICE

So, If you want this glitched and bugged, Horribly designed game, Then be my guest, But I would wait until Black Ops 2 comes out or a new game. This is garbage and will sell it now.

Rate and Discover Movies