5.0 out of 5 stars Wednsday 13
This is such a great cd and band . Im telling every one to get this great this hard ROCK cd
Published 4 months ago by Stefan Desimone

3.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared for repetition and retread
Calling All Corpses is Wednesday 13's first all-horror release since Fang Bang in 2006 and unfortunately it's not as strong as past releases. As a huge fan of his work since the Frankenstein Drag Queen days, I feel this is the first album he has made that is pretty much a bore in my eyes (not counting the Bourbon Crow stuff which I just wasn't into anyhow)...
Published on October 11, 2011 by Herbert West

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, October 13, 2011
This review is from: Calling All Corpses (Audio CD)
I have been anxiously awaiting the return of Wednesday 13 to get back to His solo work as each disc He puts out had seemed to be a step forward in His musical stride.
Been a long time fan and always go seem Him play live.
I feel with Calling all Corpses that this is a huge step back and the entire disc seems to be left over material from Gunfire 76.
Gone are the Horror sound clips and Creepy vibe that has always been W13's signature staple.
The progression from Transylvania 90210 to Skeletons and Bloodwork is gone.
This disc just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere in the back catalog and as a stand alone disc,has NO memorable stand out tracks.
Out of the entire disc,I like maybe 3 tracks and one of them was a mp3 release that came out last year.
Disappointed in this one,Will still come to see You play,but not for these new tracks.
Musically I don't ever expect to hear another 90210 or Skeletons....but with W13's talent,I'm just not sure what to make of this release.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared for repetition and retread, October 11, 2011
Herbert West (The Rabbit Hole) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Calling All Corpses (Audio CD)

What you get are re-hashed riffs and lyrical ideas that you heard before (and better) on Transylvania 90210 and Fang Bang. Those two records are fantastic, catchy, melodic, and pure rockin' fun start to finish. After several long listens to the new record, I struggled to remember a hook or melody that made me want to put it back in for another round. As a horror fan, I'm really glad Wednesday has returned to his comfort zone lyrically, but whereas the lyrics were previously fun and cheeky, on Calling All Corpses they are just plain overkill and redundant.

To be honest, I'm not hugely disappointed. As a musician, I know how hard it is to write original songs in an era of an over-abundance of bands and copy-cats. I mean how many ways can you arrange punk rock power chords before you eventually start writing the same ones again? Silver Bullets is an ok new song, but I liked it better when it was American Werewolves in London. Bad at Being Human made me cringe when I heard those cheesy back-up chants (BAD BAD BAD). Yikes, that's really getting old.

I don't know what else Wednesday could possibly do to reinvent himself again, but he is obviously not trying. That's a good thing in the end, as that means he is just having fun and doing what he does best. I just can't really recommend the purchase of this album though. In fact, I recommend you stick with Fang Bang and Transylvania as they are far superior works.

Can't wait to see him on tour, as he is a showman above all. Give this album a good listen before you purchase, especially if your favorite records are his first two solo albums.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, June 30, 2014
a+

5.0 out of 5 stars Wednsday 13, March 27, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars WEDNESDAY IS THE EPIC OF EPICNESS!, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Calling All Corpses (Audio CD)
Can this man do any wrong? Seriously, Wednesday is just epic. I don't think there's an album he has put out that I don't like. Of course I don't like EVERY single solitary song on every album, but definitely the majority! Wednesday 13 is one of my two all time favorite artists. The man is THE MAN! And Calling All Corpses is no exception!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOMELY GRUESOME FUN, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Calling All Corpses (Audio CD)
I completely love Wednesday 13 and all of his music. He is a true talent and this generation's Alice Cooper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album, June 8, 2013
This review is from: Calling All Corpses (Audio CD)
I love the mix between upbeat and macabre. Cruising around with this in my CD player always make me happy, or helps me release some angst! haha. Another great album from Wednesday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wednesday 13 Calling All Corpses, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Calling All Corpses (Audio CD)
what can I say? It just doesn't get any better than Wednesday 13!!!
Those without attitude need not bother! 13!

5.0 out of 5 stars sick, January 30, 2013
birde lady "metal head" (Indiantown, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Calling All Corpses (Audio CD)
I love this guy! He's sick and twisted and awesome. If you like any of his other stuff or the Murderdolls you'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Calling All Corpses (Audio CD)
Wednesday 13 never lets me down. This album was great, upbeat and a full what makes Wednesday great...horror and rock n roll.

Calling All Corpses