Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on March 24, 2013
This is a great product. I use it every single day on my wife's beautiful behind ... actually, a spot at the base of her spine.

Bed-ridden for over two years, a small bed sore developed on my wife's tail-bone. This product quickly healed that sore. I continue to apply it to the spot as a maintenance procedure.

Now for the two facts you should know. #1) CALMOSEPTINE DOES NOT ADHERE TO SPOTS THAT ARE WATERING - SUCH AS BLISTERS.

And secondly, 2) IF YOU USE THIS PRODUCT, AND NEED TO SWITCH TO USING XEROFORM BECAUSE OF REASON #1, WASH THE WOUND THOROUGHLY BEFORE USING XEROFORM. REASON? XEROFORM USED ON TOP OF CALMOSEPTINE WILL CAUSE A REAL BAD CHEMICAL BURN.

There, you have been warned!

Oh, one more thing! When you think the tube is empty, cut it open about two inches below the neck. Use your index finger to scoop-out the excess material that is hiding inside. For me, that usually represents another three applications - minimum!
22 comments|153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2011
Where has this been all my life? My intimate area is prone to rashes, especially around the monthly time or anytime I may sweat. I've tried so many diaper rash creams, ointments, sprays and powders -- all to no success. Finally, Calmoseptine works! It leaves me with a cooling sensation, which lasts for some time. Within a day, the rash is healed or almost healed. I've yet to have to use this ointment for more than two days. In the past, I've used other creams and such for up to a week, dealing with the uncomfortable pain along the way. Of course, Calmoseptine is messy and sticky, but this is a small price to pay for intimate relief! Highly recommended to females suffering from southern discomforts.
on December 28, 2012
This simple ointment has rescued me from years of anal itching and bleeding. I couldn't believe how easy a solution to my problem was available. Yet no other doctor had recommended it to me.
on March 28, 2013
I apologize in advance for the graphic details.

I have issues down there, I have genital vitiligo, the skin swells and breaks sometimes when the lesions/spots spread and it's rather painful. My mother had brought this cream home from working at the hospital. It helps tremendously. It also happens to have the benefit of being really pleasant in the arousing area. Like a cool lube.

The consistency is rather thick and stains underwear though, so if you're to use this on anything but a baby don't use fancy underwear.
on August 1, 2010
I've had a feeding tube for over 8 years and had a *severe* problem with breakdown of the stoma right at the beginning that left me very prone to leakage and thus site breakdown. Over the years I've done and used just about everything in attempts to (1) prevent breakdown and irritation and (2) heal it quickly when it happens. (I really mean everything--all the way to constant stomach decompression--suction--and using a modified ostomy bag.

During a recent hospital stay the breakdown appeared and got ugly quickly as my body simply had no resources to deal with it. The wound care nurse was called in and "designed" a dressing that began with stoma powder, Calmoseptine, and then more stoma powder. While the dressing had to be changed frequently for the first few days (because the stoma leakage was almost nonstop) the positive change in the wound was visible within 36 hours--that awful read, meaty look gave way to just an irritated look on a significant portion of the wound. Further within 72 hours the area looked amazingly improved and within 5 days it looked, well, wonderful.

Calmoseptine just plain works--and without stinging upon application or any odor. It's think enough to stick but spreads easily. As far as I'm concerned it should be in everyone's wound care bag.
on September 13, 2010
Best product ever for mosquito bites. Put it on and instantly they stop itching and you never know you have a bite.
on February 28, 2015
I'm an RN and we use Calmoseptine at the hospital as a skin barrier and for treatment of bed sores. When our two week old baby had some broken skin on his bottom from frequent stools. I used Butt Paste and Weleda diaper ointments, but they did not help at all. One day of Calmoseptine use and the broken skin was healed over night! I also love that it's thicker than Calazine, Butt paste, and other diaper ointments and doesn't wipe off quickly. With 15 diaper changes a day, having the Calmoseptine stay put is a plus.
on September 7, 2011
I have Dyshidrotic eczema stemming from a severe nickel and dust allergy. In addition, I also am allergic to many preservatives that are found in cosmetics and lotions. As a graduate student, I'm often stressed, which doesn't help the condition. Every other calamine or hydrocortizone cream I have found in the pharmacy contain ingredients that I'm allergic to. My eczema manifests on my hands and this particular kind is very deep seeded blisters that weep. As the blisters dry, the skin cracks and stings. At times its been too painful to shake hands or open water bottles. I get sick of using steroid creams because long term use has ruined the condition of my skin and I'm constantly looking for something that alleviates the itch when I have an outbreak and also dries out the weeping blisters. They also take a while to absorb and between the antibiotic creme, steroid and skin barrier, my hands end up being greasy for over an hour with each application. I got a sample of this in the mail and its amazing!

The cream works incredibly well at relieving itchiness and dries out the blisters. If you have any skin disorder that weeps, this is a must. It absorbs really well and effects last for hours. After using it for just a day, my outbreak is noticeably better. With my last combination, I was waiting days for the creams to kick in. Its cooling effect helps relieve the stinging associated with the blisters that have peeled and cracked open. I think it even helps blisters that have formed under the skin reduce in size. It helps reduce the redness associated with the eczema. Considering my severe allergies and sensitive skin, I also like that it has very few ingredients. There is nothing this that could trigger a reaction (my skin reacts oatmeal, ruling out many aveeno products). I still use eucerin hand creme for hydration, but I think the product has a fairly good skin protectant. After applying it, it doesn't seem like the cuts and peeled skin are as sensitive to touch.

Overall, I would give this a shot. Dyshidrotic eczema can be extremely frustrating, as it is a chronic condition, and I am not exaggerating when I say it has really improved the quality of my life during and outbreak.
on March 31, 2014
Not so fast, kid. You are never too old. You have pretty much the same skin as you did in the beginning, except maybe a little more tender and delicate now. This stuff is miraculous. Instant cooling and pain stops immediately. Over a couple of days the rash heals and you can go on with life. I got a sample years ago from a dermatologist and learned the secret. A thin film does the work; repeat as needed during the day. Nothing else works this well.

Prep H? HA! Vicks? Don't even go there. Ben-Gay? Surely you jest.

Downsides? Ahem - colors your knickers a little; flesh colored but washes out. Oh by the way, you will smell like an "old person" for a day or so. And anyway almost nobody should be getting that close. Cheap price to pay for relief. Think I'll go put some on now.
on September 11, 2014
What a miracle remedy. A must if you have eczema. One I applied it I pretty much forgot about flares up and my eczema got better in 3 days. I tried Desonide, which is a steroidal cream, helped but once I stopped it my eczema came back and my skin got really thin that it breaks from dryness. I also tried Aveeno's cream, it cause my eczema to flare up more. The best thing about this ointment is that once you apply it you pretty much forget about reapplying it and it is very thick and will work like a protection layer. One thing you need to keep in mind is that it's an ointment, that means it will be a bit sticky and if it caught your clothes t it will be diffecult to remove it, it is also difficult to wash. Yet I will still give it 5 stars because that's the point of ointments. They must be like this.