4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice pan with high steep sides - not a Wok though, November 17, 2012
This review is from: Calphalon AccuCore Flat Bottom Stainless Steel Wok, 12-Inch (Kitchen)
(see update at end)

First, let me say that the manufacture quality of this pan is 5 star. It conducts heat extremely well, it very well constructed and technically acts as the company describes it as far as heat conduction etc goes.

However, they are wrong to call it a wok in the name. It is not a wok and does not cook like a wok.

Do not be fooled by the picture, in fact the shape is not the same shape as a traditional wok or even a flat bottom wok. The sides are taller and steeper than a proper wok. When compared to a 12 inch diameter wok, the walls are significantly higher by many centimeters (and hence steeper given the same diameter at the top) and do not allow food you are cooking to be positioned properly for wok cooking. It is more like a small flat bottom pan with steep open walls.

This pan will not give you the so called 'wok hay' that a traditional wok gives. I normally use a hand hammered carbon steel wok which because of the material, shape and micro contours caused by the hand hammering creation of the wok gives wok hay with hardly any effort on my part. I use a 12 in wok from The Wok Shop in San Francisco, which Amazon also carries 12 inch Carbon Steel Hand Hammered Wok (incl. wok ring).

However, if you want to steam or cook a dish with lemon juice which can zap a carbon steel wok, this is a good substitute.

Summary is: Not a wok!

It is an excellent quality small pan, but it is not a wok by any stretch of the imagination.

UPDATE

After using it more now, I will bump up the stars to 4 from 3 stars. It is still not really a wok, but having gotten more used to it as what it is, I can definitely say it is a good companion cookware to a carbon steel wok. For example, with this guy I can toss in pineapple to my meals without any worry of the acidity eating away the seasoning on my carbon steel wok.

4.0 out of 5 stars Woken Huge., August 10, 2013
This wok is HUGE. I could easily wash my face in it. Yes, it can hold about as much water as a bathroom sink. Correspondingly, this wok is also very woken heavy.

If you are looking for a wok that can cook for your entire family of 4-6, then this wok is for you. Wok-n-roll.

How does it perform? Wok-erfully.

It conducts heat very well. So when the range is at high, it might scorch your food. Because it has a copper sandwiched between metals, it will not only conduct heat well and evenly, but it will also be very sensitive to changes in the grill temperature. Mind you, the heat will definitely be stronger towards the bottom. So this is no miracle wok-er.

So wok the only 4 stars? The handle bar is woken uneven. The quality is definitely concentrated in the wok, and not the woken uneven handle bars. It makes you want to say, wok the heaven woken uneven handle bars on a 5 star quality wok! So only 4 stars for the wok.

Among other things, this wok would be wok-erful for exercising your forearms.

If you need a woker, I highly recommended this wok of the wok.

Pros:
1)Woken awesome at heat conduction and even heating. It is also very responsive to changes in temperature.
2)Large enough to cook sink-full of food.

Cons:
1)The handle is of much lower quality than rest of the wok.
2)Maybe too woken big and heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great size for two, June 19, 2014
Anda Olsen (RANGER, GA, US) - See all my reviews
this is a very satisfactory pan. The layers of metal really make for great, even the cooking over gas flames.

5.0 out of 5 stars We switched all our cookwear to Calphalon AcCuCore, January 13, 2014
LJ (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
Unbelievable cookware---I don't have a gas stove so having cookware that heats well is very important---this is a great pan and clean up is a breeze---food does not stick to it like traditional stainless steel, so clean up is a breeze. This pan is great for making Asian dishes---I know I will have it for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pan, October 16, 2013
I have a few of these pans and I love them all. Easy to clean and perfect for cooking. Start on the cool side of cooking so you dont mess up the pans. As you get use to them, you will perfect cooking in them.

Calphalon AccuCore Flat Bottom Stainless Steel Wok, 12-Inch