5.0 out of 5 stars Calphalon's Worst Nightmare
We all have had kitchen mishaps/nightmares that we chuckle about, and rarely do we let anyone outside the home know about them, but here goes.

I received this set of pots one year ago, and I have put them through a testing regime that even Calphalon would cringe at - and would rightly void any warranty on. Before I start this story you should know I have a Wolf...
Published on December 12, 2011 by Dog Washer

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed in the Quality
We just bought and opened this cookware. It had received several positive ratings so we were pretty excited about it. Unfortunately, the lids have some manufacturing quality control problems. The lids are glass with a stainless steel border that goes all of the way around the edge of the lid. On three of the lids, the seams (where the edges of the border connect to...
Published on October 20, 2011 by auntie karen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Worthy Opponent to All-Clad, March 26, 2014
This review is from: Calphalon Contemporary Stainless 13-Piece Cookware Set (Kitchen)
I'm a cooking enthusiast who upgraded from a mismatched set of bargain Calphalon Teflon pots and pans. I budgeted for All-Clad, but ended up buying this Calphalon stainless set when it went on sale because I find glass lids to be an important feature to me. I have used these about 5 days/week for 8 months, and only regret that I didn't buy these sooner. I will stress that you need to know what you're getting into if you're converting from Teflon, but I bet you'll be happy in the end.

Pros:
- Beautiful
- Incredible heat transfer
- Okay to use metal utensils! I was sick of flexible nylon ones.
- Dishwasher-safe, oven-safe (to 450F), and induction stove-compatible
- Hold temperature extremely well
- Glass lids mean easy viewing without opening pots
- Perfect quality (no issues with lid fit as seen in other reviews)

Cons:
- None specific to these pans, but see below for things you'll have to adjust to if you're used to Teflon

Adjustments from Teflon-coated Cookware:
- Cleanup is not nearly as easy. Will require scrubbing and Barkeeper's Friend.
- Cannot use aerosol cooking sprays - very important!
- Heat slower due to additional bottom thickness
- Will need to adjust your stove temperature down (due to better heat transfer)
- Heavier

[Update] Safety Note: Barkeeper's friend (particularly the active ingredient oxalic acid) is highly toxic. If you have children in the house or prefer not to use gloves, baking soda is a good alternative, albeit less effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Cookware, February 4, 2012
I've had this cookware for 2 months now and wanted to give a fair review. The best thing I did was read the instructions that came with the set, mostly related to making sure the pans are hot enough before you start cooking with them.

Before buying the cookware, some of the reviews I read complained about problems with sticking. As long as the has been pan is properly heated, I have never had any issues with sticking. Eggs glide across these pans when cooking.

It would have been great to have the pans years ago. What a great investment. They look great, clean up very well, but, most importantly, cooking is a blast! I guess I didn't know what I was missing using crappy pots and pans.

Use a little Barkeeper's Friend once in a while and they look as good as new. Would recommend the purchase to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of pans, November 18, 2013
clk8290 (Saratoga Springs, NY) - See all my reviews
So far everything I've cooked has gone well in these pans. I tended to burn the bottoms in the beginning but a good soaking has all of it come off and if you use pam then you shouldn't really have a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line cookware, February 1, 2013
I purchased this cookware 6 months ago and am very pleased with it's performance. I use bar keepers friend to keep it looking new and have had many compliments from family and friends. I only use Teflon or wood utensils and I don't overheat or abuse it, so I can't speak to what happens when you do. For me this has been and continues to be an excellent choice for what I consider to be top of the line cookware for the home and I have no complaints. Solid 5 stars, highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set, January 10, 2013
I had been wanting stainless pans for a while and after much research I bought this set. I was having trouble with the pans at first, I had never had a set of stainless pans. After doing some research on how to properly cook in them they have been fantastic.

The stock pot that comes with the set is kind of large, I wish it was just a little smaller...but I suppose if that is the only complaint that is not so bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, November 13, 2012
Bought this for use on an induction cook top.
Had aluminum Calphalon B/4 and knew the quality to expect.
We were not let down. Only wish there was a larger fry pan available in this style
Product has kept its good looks, have had the set for 2 years and we are foodies cooking a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, July 11, 2012
There are enough sizes and lids to fit all of our cooking needs. They cook evenly, require less heat and they are fairly easy to clean yet don't have any of those non-stick chemicals or other coatings we don't know about. Our best set ever and we hope for a lifetime!

5.0 out of 5 stars great cookware if you take care of the set., April 22, 2012
This is our second set of caphalon cookware, but our last set was non-stick aluminum, had this set for just over a month now and have used it a lot. We were sort of worried after the first few uses as food began to stick even when lots of butter or oil was used, but after a good cleansing/polishing with Bar Keepers Friend everything comes right out of the pans again. They are easy to clean with a pad and a quick cleans with BKF after every use and the heating seems very even.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, February 14, 2012
We have used this cookware for two months now, and I can find no flaws. I was worried about food sticking, but that hasn't been a problem. The pots and pans are robust, well-made, and easy to clean. Expensive, but good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set, January 20, 2012
We immediately put the pans to work. You do really need to find the optimal temperature according to the "butter test" indicated in the directions. I have found that the pans will discolor a little with use but Barkeepers Friend for stainless steel works great to bring them back to their original appearance.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›