5.0 out of 5 stars The best pans on the market
Calphalon One pans are the best pans currently on the market. Yes they are not TRUE non-stick. They are designed to give you the best qualities of a non-stick pan AND a stick pan.
Published on May 30, 2004 by cheffyman

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated and Annoyed!
Published on October 6, 2008 by Ketzela

5.0 out of 5 stars The best pans on the market, May 30, 2004
This review is from: Calphalon One Infused Anodized 14-Inch Everyday Pan with Lid (Kitchen)
You can properly sear and brown food on these pans, you cannot with a fully non-stick pan. Its just the nature of those cheap $9.99 pans, they give you total non-stick. But if you any type of real cook you will realize these true non-stick pans are junk in the long run and you will get new ones every year.
Clean up with the ONE pans are a snap. Bar Keepers Friend cleans up every type of stuck on or burnt on food. Sear a nice piece of meat, finish it in the oven. if you do not use the burnt on bits to make a sauce or gravy, use the Bar Keepers Friend and poof the burnt on stuff comes right off.
Trust me, anyone that writes a bad review on the Calphalon One pans should not have them in their hands in the first place. They should stick with department store specials for $9.99 and a 20 piece set.
These pans are for the true cook, beginner or advanced, these pans give you the ability to cook anything and you will never need any other pans.
No I do not work for Calphalon!

5.0 out of 5 stars great pan, March 2, 2005
Quick Smart (Elgin, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This pan has been is service in our home for about two years now and is used regularly for everything from stir-frying to braising to flashing down a pile of fresh spinich with a splash of white wine.

The nonstick serface works well and lasts. It is the only nonstick application that gives a decent browning to meats.

Highliy recommended, but wait for a sale!

5.0 out of 5 stars calphalon everyday pan with lid, March 10, 2006
I have been using calphalon for 10 years, but this everyday pan is the best so far. I love the fact that is has two short handles instead of the usual long one that sticks out. It is definitely used everyday in our house!

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated and Annoyed!, October 6, 2008
I so wish the people raving about this pan would post exactly how they are using it! I followed the instructions to a "T" - pre-heating the pan on medium, then adding olive oil. I had the food (trout, with the skin on) at room temperature, and the fish stuck to the pan so hard, it came up in shreds when I tried to serve it. And forget about the skin, which was glued to the bottom of the pan. I scrubbed the pan down with Barkeepers Friend and tried again with chicken the next night. Same problem. This pan is going to Good Will unless someone has some insight to offer on how to use it so that it's even remotely "stick-resistant."!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Cookware, June 7, 2007
I researched varios manufacturers and the technologies and concluded that AllKlad was the best with its stainless, copper, stainless technology with Calphalon Anodized One a close second. However when I went to a Williams Sonoma store I had a chance to handle both and I discovered the Allklads were heavy and for some crazy reason they made the handle rounded on bottom making it hard to hold without the pan slippling right or left as it is difficult to get sufficient grip. So at that point I decided the Calphalon was for me as it was lighter and the handles felt better. I have purchased several Calphalon pans/skillets now and I have no regrets. These pans are very good at transferring heat evenly, have fairly good non-stick qualities, and cook the food very well, and the price compares very favorably against allklad. You cant go wrong with Allklads or Calphalon's but I do think that unless you are Rocky Balboa you may find the Calphalons easier to handle.

10-15-2009 update: After owning Calphalon pans 2 years I find they are still holding up well. If you purchase these pans (infused anodized) you must know that they are very good at transferring heat so always cook at low to mid temperatures because if you use the high setting on the range you will not cook any quicker but you will have the food sticking to the pan.

4-18-2011 update: I thought it was worthy of note that after 4 years of use all my Calphalon pots are still holding up well. I do not know how long these will last, but aside from a few marks they look new. I will add that the non stick qualities still hold up. The fact that these are aluminum that are then anodized to provide the non stick qualities do make a huge difference in weight and make them last since the non stick qualities are not a coating on the pan but truly infused into the pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Pan, January 10, 2006
Sonja Kueppers (Takoma Park, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I recently received this pan as a gift, and have been extremely impressed with it! The "infused anodized" surface performs as advertised, providing a terrific hybrid between regular and non-stick cooking. I love the 14" size -- it's great for those times when I used to have to split things up into more than one 10" saute pan, as well as for one-pan stovetop-to-oven dishes.

That said, this is definitely not the right pan for you if you prefer non-stick surfaces. You will need to use oil, butter, etc. when cooking in this pan, and things will sometimes stick. Cleanup is very easy, though!

It is very well-constructed, and I would expect it to last a lifetime.

2.0 out of 5 stars More name than non-stick covering, December 4, 2008
We have had this pan for 5 yrs. Within the first 2 yrs, it warped. We wash by hand, use medium, never high, heat, and use the 400 degree capable plastic utensils. The pan is not flat now, so I cannot cook our food evenly with our flat cooktop stove. Also, the non-stick is coming off. Maybe ours is faulty, but I won't ever buy their non-stick again.

2.0 out of 5 stars New meaning of nonstick of which I was not previously aware, February 15, 2004
The coating is strong, but textured, and not non-stick. These pans are designed to sear meat, or to cook sauces.
While the size and shape looks perfect for small to medium stir-fry, do not be misled; you will soak and scrub this pan like an unseasoned iron skillet.
High-heat on soft foods will definitely cook the food onto the pan. Granted, splashes on the sides, and small spots do clean up easily, but things that burn or encrust on the bottom are tough to remove.
Luckily, the coating is very durable and scrubby-pads and metal spatulas can be used on them.

1.0 out of 5 stars suggested retail price, March 21, 2006
After checking the Calphalon web site the Suggested Retail price for model R1384 14" Everyday Pan is $160.00.

I am dissapointed that this is not a true discounted price.