Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Calphalon Katana Cutlery 8-Inch VG Chef's Knife
|Price:||$89.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Calphalon katana cutlery 8-inch vg chef's knife
- Features: knife construction: VG-1 Japanese steel for exceptional sharpness and ultimate edge retention; Key performance: exceptional sharpness, rigidity and edge retention; hand wash
- Blade: Clad with 33 stainless steel layers for distinctive style, exceptional rigidity and rust-resistance; Traditional blade shapes enhanced for ease of use and precision
- Bolster: Integrated bolster design provides secure, comfortable grip; Offers increased control; Encourages proper technique; Facilitates full blade involvement for smooth, efficient slicing
- Handles: Patented, ergonomic polyresin, contoured for comfort and balanced for control and precision; Will not chip, crack or peel
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Calphalon Katana Cutlery 8-Inch VG Chef's Knife
Calphalon Katana Cutlery 6-Inch Chef's Knife B004XAR4OI
Calphalon Katana Cutlery 7-Inch Nakiri Knife B004XAR4V6
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||1.12 inches x 14.62 inches||1.18 inches x 16 inches||0.88 inches x 8.88 inches||1.12 inches x 13.38 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.7 pounds||0.55 pounds||0.25 pounds||0.65 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I have large hands (to match the rest of me, I'm 6'2") and this is the most comfortable grip I have encountered on any knife. Recommended!
So far the knife has performed well. Amazingly sharp and seems to hold the edge. (then again I don't cut on glass or plastics or other dulling surfaces. But a good sharpening never hurts and I really like the folded steel blade. You don't see many kitchen knives like that.
There are a multitude of choices when it comes to knives for cooking. These are on the expensive side. I have used expensive knives and never found them to be any better than the ones used by people on the line in restaurant kitchens. If fact I often found the latter to be superior because the handles were better and they were lighter.
These knives are made of superior laminated "VG" steel which makes them just a bit heavier than stamped knives, but they are forged which means the steel is packed and more dense near the cutting edge. But the design mimics that of a stamped knife which I feel is better, because there is no thicker hilt area which often just gets in the way. The handles are unique in shape and very nice to hold. They also promote proper handling of the knife, like being able to run your index finger along the top of the knife when you need to be precise.
I find the 3 knives I have are adequate for just about every task save boning. I would love to see a traditional boning knife added to the collection .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've owned a full set of Calphalon Katana knives for several years. They are a good entry level knife and not bad looking, but you can do better for the money. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Mark
I am a restaurant owner and chef in Sydney , I bought one of these knives on holiday in Canada to cook a dinner, and loved it so much I buy one for all my new chefs when they start... Read morePublished on July 4, 2013 by ross lusted
This was bought as a gift for my son and he is quite a connoisseur of specality knives. He greatly appreciated this knife and it's quality.Published on February 25, 2013 by Lawman
the knife looks great, the damascus edge is a nice detail. the design of the knife is good in that it is almost completely seamless--like globals--but the handle is much... Read more