5.0 out of 5 stars I Smell Great
I really do. The moniker "Contradiction", although catchy, is a misnomer. This product agrees with the senses in every way. Unfortunately, the scent of Contradiction fades quickly and after an hour is no longer detectable from socially appropriate distances. But while it lingers, Contradiction is the most pleasant and romantic cologne on the market.
Published on June 2, 2007 by William R. Danforth

3.0 out of 5 stars Classy cologne which will be used sparingly.
I find, when reviewing scents or sprays, it helps to know a little about the person reviewing to get a better idea whether or not the item may suit you.

Published on October 24, 2011 by Z Review

3.0 out of 5 stars Classy cologne which will be used sparingly., October 24, 2011
Z Review "Zack" (Crown Point, IN USA) - See all my reviews

I am 23 years old. I trade the stock market during the day, and am a bartender on week nights / weekends. I have an active social life, no wife or children, and own between 15 - 20 colognes. What I personally look for in a scent is a strong, manly, yet sweet smell that gets the ladies attention. What I really hate in a scent is it being overly "tangy" or too citrusy/bitter. An example of a cologne I LOVE would be Ambercrombie: Fierce. An example of a cologne I dislike would be "Usher".

Now, Ive smelled only one other CK cologne so I really wasn't sure what to be expecting, but I read the reviews online and it sounded like something I might like to try. When I opened the box and first sprayed it, I was surprised (but not disappointed ). Its not as "playful" as the colognes I will typically buy, but I can see using it on the right occasions. I feel its a bit more mature type of smell, that you would wear to dinner, as opposed to going to the clubs. On the other hand, its not too "old" where you would be afraid to wear it on a date. I'd describe it as more sweet than bitter, so it doesn't attack the nose. Duration of noticeable smell is a little on the low side, maybe 3-4 hours. I give it overall 3 stars, although I almost gave it 4 stars, but I simply dont see myself frequently spraying it. I would definitely try this one before buying, but I dont regret buying it (maybe I would get a smaller bottle next time though).

5.0 out of 5 stars I Smell Great, June 2, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it were stronger and longer lasting, May 31, 2011
TobycW (United States) - See all my reviews
This is more of a subtle fragrance. It's initial scent lasts about 3 hours but there is a clean finish that lasts longer. Yet another CK fragrance that I find quite nice. There are no spicy or musky notes here at all--which I am not a fan of.

4.0 out of 5 stars Contradiction by Calvin Klein for Men, 3.4 ounce, December 30, 2010
I bought this cologne without smelling first. I did all my Christmas shopping on line this year and didn't want this to be an exception. I read other customers' reviews before purchasing and was disappointed at first because out of the bottle it was really strong and I wasn't too fond of it. After about 10 minutes on my guy, it mixed with his natural chemical smell and turned out to be PERFECT for him. Other reviews I read indicated a long-lasting scent, which is true. I wouldn't advise buying this blindly online. Test it in the store first to be sure you like it. The price was right, and the packing and shipping were excellent. I also like the bottle cap, which is the grey shell/top in the picture. It's easy on and easy off.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent, March 28, 2013
muy buen producto , llego en buena condiciones estamos muy satisfechos con el producto , todo sin novedad y un buen servicio

5.0 out of 5 stars A true classic that never gets old!, March 3, 2013
I remember getting this cologne from Macy's when I was about 16 or 17 and remembering how great it smelled. I'm now 30 and I still feel the same way. Though it's not sold in department stores like Macy's, it's easily available online for much cheaper prices making it that much more enticing to purchase. If you like a light, yet crisp and fresh smell that lasts through out the day, C.K. Contradiction is for you. This sits well with my other colognes (D&G, Versace, Armani, Polo, Etc) C.K. got this one right and I hope they never stop making this! I have received many compliments while wearing this out socially. Girls, do yourselves a favor and buy your guy this cologne, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, April 20, 2013
I was absolutely thrilled about the EDT spray. It smells authentic and wonderful. Have had some negative experiences with counterfeit products lately. So feel all the better to have received an original item. This is just great :)

About the smell-- it is a little sharp and very refreshing. It almost has a unisex thing about it. I don't know if they use any unusual element in it, but the scent wakes me up from drowsiness. If I were a man, I would definitely wear it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even waste your time, June 18, 2014
The smell is very mild. I chose this because my funds were low, but the next time, I'll just wait. It was not even worth the amount I paid for it. Maybe for a kid or a young adult. Not a full grown man. I will not recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worn for 13 Years, June 5, 2014
Funnily enough, I bought this cologne when I was in High School to impress a girl...way back in 2001...I had no clue about it's smell or anything.

Here we are in 2014, no department stores carry it, and i'm stuck with Perfumania or online to buy...but no need to worry...as I have truly at least 70-100 women tell me "I smell great" or at a public venue..."who is that that smells so good"

I will wear this cologne until it's not produced anymore!

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesnot overpower, April 2, 2013
This is a simple,nice crisp clean scent...not overpowering, can be worn anytime. Just makes him smell good. You will like it.

Contradiction for Men by Calvin Klein