Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on December 18, 2012
Bought this coat to be casual but attractive, warm winter coat. Nailed it, completed, I'm very happy with it.
Nice styling - exterior is classic black wool, soft; interior is lined and lightly insulated, with a grey waffle-weave satin. Looks great with both jeans and wool slacks.
Sizing - follwing the advice of others, I sized down to one lower, getting the Medium. I am 5'9" and 170 lbs, I wear a 16x35 dress shirt. Medium is perfect in the body fit and sleeve length.
Fit is roomy - I can layer underneath this coat.
Length for me is just below hips.
I would certainly recommend this coat.
11 comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2013
I had originally purchased "Calvin Klein Sportswear Men's 3/4 Coat With Stand Up Collar" but didn't like it for a few reasons (see my review there). This one makes up for all the things that one lacked.

Pros:
- I like the color (charcoal). It really looks close to black if you ask me.
- It has 2 zippers. Maybe not as fashionable, but I don't care.
- Outer zipper is sturdy.
- Inner zipper isn't always necessary, but there when you need it.
- Pockets galore!
- Warm. (I haven't put it through the gauntlet of "10 below" weather yet)

Cons:
- Picks up lint relatively easily. I have cats, so I try to keep the jacket off the furniture and floor.
- Like another reviewer mentioned, the inner zipper ends tend to touch your neck. But, I find this happens more in my car than when I'm walking. If I get that irritated by them, I'm sure I can figure out a way to keep them at bay. (safety pin?)
- The front zipper is a bit difficult to get started. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet.

Notes:
- Like other reviewers mentioned, they do run large. I'm a 5'10" 185 lb guy, and the medium fits me perfectly.
- I didn't initially realize you have to rip apart the outer pocket seams. Apparently I wear really informal stuff, all the time! It took maybe 5 minutes, and you can do it with a toothpick if you (i.e. me) don't have a seam ripper. Also it's safer than scissors.

I have ways of dealing with most/all of the cons I have with this jacket, so that is why I can give it 5 stars.

EDIT: Also, it would have been more helpful for me to find this jacket initially if people didn't give it 1 or 2 stars because they run large. Read the reviews first and notice this! You're buying clothes online!
on January 1, 2013
I got this jacket for a steal during Amazon's Black Friday deals week for less than $100. Its extremely warm, has lots of pockets and looks great.

My major issue with it - and this could very well be my fault - is that the sizes appear to run large. I'm 6'1" and normally wear a medium and am on the edge of needing a large. I ordered this coat as a medium and when I got it, it was far too large. It could be because it was made to put over a suit coat but that seems odd and unlikely. I understand the jacket is supposed to be longer, that was not the issue. The problem was that, while it fit great around the shoulders and back, it was extremely large around the mid section. After I had it tailored to remove this excess fabric, it fit great.

I also had two other minor aesthetic concerns with the coat. For one, on the collar of the coat there is a small metal change that's maybe an inch long - presumably for hanging it. While this is not an issue when wearing a collared shirt, it is very annoying when I am not, as it digs in to my neck. Also, the Calvin Klein tag on the sleeve was white and stuck out like a sore thumb. It should have been the same gray stitching as the one in the collar. I don't think it was meant to be removed, but I had to just because of how it was applied and what it looked like.
on August 18, 2013
I usually wear M size clothing, this came like XL, but it's good for winter jacket which I usually buy bigger size for layering up.
The coat is well made and heavy, the zip is sometimes quite disturbing as it is cold and touching my neck, so I use a scarf if I need to zip up to neck level.This coat is definitely larger than the size chart on the website, so you need to expect it to be bigger than your normal size. Overall the quality of the coat is very good.
on November 18, 2013
Medium fits like a large. Then when trying to exchange they will not allow. I would have to exchange for the non sale price. This does not make sense to me nor have I seen it before. Poor job amazon.
on October 8, 2013
I'm 6'2 240 lbs. (mostly muscle) I ordered a 2 sizes smaller than my usual XXL due to the previous reviews. The new product arrived new as described. The coat is definitely attractive. The fit is somewhat small but I ordered another one xl instead of L and the coat fits absolutely perfect. The size large fit okay but when I extended my arms the chest, bicep, and back were revealing that the coat was a little small. The neck collar is pretty stiff but after time it'll soften up. The coat is very warm and comfortable.
on December 31, 2013
The coat size 2xl is same as XL or L in other clothing... Coat needs re-sized. Great style though, just bad sizing.
on December 2, 2013
Make sure you order one size smaller than you normally wear. I'm 6-2 wear a size 42 suit, and Medium was just right.
on November 28, 2013
If you want it to fit like in the pic, you may have to order a size smaller. I am a L, and bought a L. It's too L for me. However, I have long arms so if I got the M, then it may have been too short for me.

(Paused right now to try it on)

Yes, a medium would have been too short in the sleeves.

PROS:
1. Warm
2. Nice gray color
3. The "bib" gives you look customization when the main zipper is halfway zipped

CONS:
1. Body too wide
2. Fat wizard sleeves
3. Sleeves too short in relation to the actual fit of the body

Would I buy it again? Yes, for the $80 I paid, not bad. I don't care too much about outdoor style in freezing temperatures.
on December 14, 2012
Ok, where to begin...

Purchased during sale and because of the reviews, I bought both SMALL and MEDIUM sizes, although I'm typically a MEDIUM (or large). Both coats fit, I'd be "fine" with either one, but went with the MEDIUM so it would fit better with a full suit underneath. Between the SMALL and MED, the big difference is the back is slightly wider and just a tad longer, otherwise they are the same. If I'm wearing just a normal shirt underneath, the SMALL is fine and it looks slimmer but I prefer the comfort of the MEDIUM.

On the color, I bought the "charcoal" and it's really dark. The photo's show very little difference between "black" and "charcoal" and I believe this is accurate. Don't buy this if you don't want black, because the charcoal is essentially black.

This coat is a bit non-traditional/modern but I think that's a huge plus as I will wear it (in the winter) with my suit AND with my casual clothes. Much more useful and worthwhile.

I love all the pockets, the inner lining and stitched in bib are very nice. The bib gives you options although it adds another zipper and is not removeable. It looks and feels nice.

It's very dark and thus attracts anything white/light colored. Keep it covered when not in use.

The collar is "high" and stiff at first, but I bend it down and store it that way to "train" it a bit to lay down.

It's super warm and with the inner bib and high collar, this thing will handle the worst weather. Just add a hat.

Again, it's a tad big/baggy, but for that you get comfort and room for clothes underneath.