5.0 out of 5 stars Update: Not quite worth every penny!
After years of hunting for the perfect underwear for my husband, I've finally hit the jackpot! He absolutely loves these - "the most comfortable ever" to quote him. They are holding up really well so far.

Published on November 3, 2007 by NJ Mommy

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwear - I've been doing it wrong.
Growing up as a youngster, I wore the classic Hanes tighty whities. When I got to 7th grade, and had to change for gym class that became socially unacceptable. So, I switched to Tommy Hilfiger boxer briefs, and basked in my new found ballsack comfort and locker room swag.

Published 16 months ago by James A.

5.0 out of 5 stars Update: Not quite worth every penny!, November 3, 2007

UPDATE: after several washings these have become very loose in the legs and as a result things that you want to stay in start hanging out. Too bad, started off great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparison with ExOfficio and other Calvin Klein boxer briefs, July 27, 2014
These Micro Modals are my favorite briefs. Lightweight and breathable, stretchy with medium snugness (not loose, not tight), and a soft comfortable fabric. I barely know that I'm wearing them, which to me is the best sign of a quality brief. Here are comparisons with other briefs that I own:

vs. ExOfficio GiveNGo:
The ExOfficio has a looser, less snug fit. It also has a big durability issue. Prior to washing (straight out of the package), I wore the ExOfficios in some regular jeans while doing some outdoor work, with lots of crouching and movement. Because of the normal abrasion of the jeans on the briefs, the ExOfficio's mesh-like material frayed severely in multiple places. Shockingly fragile. This Micro Modal in comparison has a tighter, stronger, non-mesh fabric. Also, after a few washes, the ExOfficio becomes more scratchy and loses much of its softness.

vs. Calvin Klein Microfiber Stretch:
The microfiber briefs have an odd feel, like compression shorts. The fabric is very different than most other briefs -- it's shiny, slippery, and feels strange next to normal jeans or shorts. They are cheaper, but in my opinion are best suited for athletic uses. Note that the Micro Modal is just as lightweight and stretchy.

vs. Calvin Klein Steel Micro:
The material is similar to the Micro Modal but it is slightly heavier and noticeably tighter and more form fitting. I've owned them for a while and they've held up quite well. The only drawback is the big waistband, which aside from looking a little obnoxious (to me), folds over easily accidentally because it is so wide. This is my second favorite model.

vs. Calvin Klein CK One Micro:
These lightweight briefs are designed to be more snug and form fitting than other Calvin Klein models. They are quite comfortable and keep things in place a little better than this Micro Modal, which seems relatively loose in comparison. The big drawback: after about 8-10 washes, the fabric has become highly prone to pill formation (lots of little balls of fabric that stick to the brief) on the interior, especially around the crotch area where the fabric is thicker.

vs. regular, cheaper Calvin Klein 100% cotton briefs:
Don't do it! They are cheap for a reason. They are heavy, don't have that snug fit, and don't stretch. They also tend to be excessively baggy in the crotch area (to accommodate all sizes, since they don't stretch). Spend the extra $ for a more flattering and comfortable fit.

All in all, I think this Micro Modal is near perfect and stands out from the crowd. Some have said they become a little looser over time. I've washed mine at least a dozen times and if that's true, it's barely noticeable. I wash in cold water and line dry because I'm extra careful, but that probably isn't necessary (warm water and low dryer heat should be fine).

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Undies, May 16, 2012
I've been on the hunt for a really comfortable pair of undies for a long time now. I finally found a great pair with the CK 365's then they were discontinued so my search went on. I then discovered the CK Steel which I liked but not as much as the 365. I bought a couple of pairs then it was also discontinued. So now these are my new favorites. I actually like them better then the CK Steel but not as much as the 365 but it's close. They feel awesome on. It's almost as if you aren't wearing any underwear except that your junk is supported and your thighs don't rub together. DO NOT dry these in the dryer on high heat. The heat will destroy the fabric and cause them to lose their elasticity. I dry them on low heat until they are still slightly damp then hang them to dry overnight. After about ten washes and dries they are still just as good as the day I got them. Please don't discontinue these CK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for a hubby/boyfriend, July 11, 2008
K. Bryan (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
I got these as a gift for my husband -- he loves them and asked for more. They're very soft and don't ride up. I've noticed he likes to wear them on special days; didn't realize guys did that too. I've never found these in stores.

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwear - I've been doing it wrong., August 17, 2013
James A. (New York City) - See all my reviews

Unknowingly and unfortunately as a creature of habit, I stuck with this make and model of underwear for the next 20 years. I thought, underwear are all pretty much the same, what could I be missing?

Well, friends, I'm here to admit that there have been significant upgrades to underwear in the past 2 decades, all of which I have been woefully ignorant of. After a long, hot, humid summer I finally got tired of wearing what felt like a wet diaper under my business suit. Sweat and 100% cotton with wool pants are not a great combination for comfort. Something had to be done, so I looked for some popular styles on Amazon, and settled on these Calvin Klein Men's Micro Modal Boxer Briefs. They are made of "modal", which is some kind of hybrid between rayon and cotton, that results in a silky smooth, lightweight, breathable, stretchy material. The result is a pair of underwear that cling to you like spandex, feel soft like silk, and are as cool as a cucumber. My suit pants don't bunch up anymore, I stay cooler, don't sweat as much, and feel more comfortable.

I feel like I've entered the 21st century of underwear, and wanted to share incase any other guys like me haven't given this crucial piece of clothing enough thought and attention. They aren't cheap, but if you watch for sales you can get them for about $16 a pair, and are worth every penny.

I only hope they last...

EDIT: About 5 washes in, these started to lose some of their elasticity and got a bit loose. Also, they do start to get little lint ball type things on them, making them a little less smooth. The dealbreaker for me though, and the reason I don't buy more, is that they dont have a fly hole! It makes using the urinal a real pain in the butt. I have switched over to ex-officio brand boxer briefs, and like them even more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Calvin Klein Micro Modal, June 1, 2010
I love the Calvin Klein Micro Modal Underwear. Its soft and comfortable, some of the best underwear made. Nice fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, May 28, 2013
I intentionally waited (about 4 months) so I could see how they held up under normal conditions. I'm happy to report that they still fit perfectly - no stretching, they're keeping their shape. I've also notice no pilling (I do wash them inside out). I actually bought some more directly from CK. If you like very soft and comfortable underware that supports you without binding I highly recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best underwear out there, December 18, 2013
For a long time, I bought value packs of Hanes underwear. $8 for a pack of 3 - why bother paying extra to get one CK brief when I can get 9 pairs of underwear for the same price? Then I got one of these as a gift and slowly started replacing all the underwear I owned with these.

I prefer boxer briefs since they feel like the best of both worlds. The support and tightness of a brief, but the style of boxers. The material holds elasticity to not ride up. The material is very breathable. These are silky smooth, soft, and form fitting. It's like wearing lotion. The male form isn't the most beautiful thing to see, but these are shaped well enough to look good on guys. There isn't a flap in front, which may or may not bother some guys, but the way this thing is cut and the way it makes a package look it worth the trade off. Guys can be vain too. It might not be Victoria's Secret sexy, but this is Victor's Secret and is about as flattering as a guy can get.

I've washed these over and over and they are holding up very well. The elastic bands on the cheaper underwear from Hanes and other brands eventually wears out and begins to fray. I haven't experienced that with these boxers at all. Over time, I'm sure that these will make up for the higher cost since I haven't had to replace any of the CK underwear I have owned in the past few years. These are also very good for road warriors who need to pack light. They compress to almost nothing and are feather light. The micro modal material also dries very quickly, so for a road warrior/traveling businessman who is stuck for a few extra days more than expected, these can be quickly washed in a hotel sink at night and be dry a few hours later.

Worth it for the price? Definitely. If you are a guy (or buying for one) who has never bought underwear outside of value packs from WalMart, try these out; just be prepared to buy more to replace your entire underwear drawer. I don't think I can even go back to the value packs of underwear. They issue that stuff to convicts in prisons to punish them for their crimes. A free man on the outside deserves to have good underwear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Of the 15 different kinds, this was #1, April 20, 2013
My husband, due to a need to switch from standard boxer to a tighter fit, ordered 15 different brands of boxer brief. This item came out as #1 for comfort, fit and quality. Very soft, not too tight, keeps shape and does not bunch up or roll down during the day in a very active job.

3.0 out of 5 stars They stretch do much, March 29, 2013
The waist feel good but the legs stretch out after putting them on and wearing them for a little while. The legs end up bunching up towards the end of the day.

Calvin Klein Men's Micro Modal Boxer Brief