Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Calvin Klein Men's Body Modal Boxer Brief
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 27, 2014
I've tried many boxer briefs and this Micro Modal is my favorite. Lightweight and breathable (great for hotter weather), stretchy with medium snugness (not loose, not tight), exceptionally soft (better than cotton), with a very comfortable microfiber waistband. I barely know that I'm wearing them, which to me is the best sign of a quality brief. Here are comparisons with other boxer briefs that I own:

vs. ExOfficio GiveNGo:
The ExOfficio has a slightly looser, less snug fit. It also has a big durability issue. Prior to washing (straight out of the box), I wore the ExOfficios in some regular jeans while doing some outdoor work, with lots of crouching. Because of the normal abrasion of the jeans on the briefs, the ExOfficio's mesh-like material frayed severely in multiple places. The Micro Modal in comparison has a tighter woven, stronger, non-mesh fabric. Also, after a few washes, I've noticed that the ExOfficio has lost much of its initial softness.

vs. Calvin Klein Steel Micro:
The material is similar to the Micro Modal but is a little heavier. It is more snug and form fitting and actually keeps things in place better than the Micro Modal. Like the Micro Modal, they are exceptionally comfortable and soft. Minimal to no ride-up. Very durable. Exceptionally flattering. The only (relatively minor) drawback is the big waistband, which folds over easily accidentally because it is so wide. This is my second favorite model. Because the Micro Modal is more lightweight, I prefer it for the summer months and the Steel Micro for the cooler seasons.

vs. Calvin Klein Micro (or "CK One Micro"):
These lightweight briefs are designed to be more snug and form fitting than other Calvin Klein models. They are quite comfortable and keep things in place a little better than the Micro Modal, which seems loose in comparison. They might be a tad too tight however. Also, after about a dozen washes, the fabric has formed some pills (little balls of fabric that stick to the brief) on the interior, mainly around the crotch area where the fabric is thicker.

vs. Calvin Klein Microfiber Stretch:
Microfiber briefs have an odd feel, like compression shorts. The fabric is very different -- it's shiny, quite slippery, and feels strange next to normal jeans or shorts. They are cheaper, but in my opinion are best suited for athletic uses. Note that the Micro Modal is just as lightweight and stretchy as these.

vs. Calvin Klein Cotton Stretch Boxer Brief (3-pack):
The softness on this brief doesn't remotely compare to the Micro Modal. Despite being all cotton, they are surprisingly rough. They are also a tad heavy and constricting. They don't breathe that well. The "stretch" is also fairly pathetic; they are too tight and aren't nearly as forgiving as the Micro Modal. Also, the waistband is awful -- it's on the tight side, and the fabric is extremely rough and irritating. They are much cheaper, but the Micro Modal is on a whole different level of quality.

vs. cheap 100% cotton boxer briefs (including Calvin Klein models):
Don't do it! They are cheap for a reason. All the ones I've tried and owned aren't as soft as this Micro Modal, plus cotton tends to be heavy and doesn't do well in warmer weather (once you start sweating, they don't dry out easily and then it feels like you are wearing a diaper). Also, if they aren't the stretchy kind, they tend to be excessively baggy in the crotch area. Spend the extra $ for a more flattering and comfortable fit.

vs. shorter trunks (generally) and the ride-up factor:
I recommend staying away from trunks, as they always seem to ride up to some extent due to their short length. The Micro Modal has little ride-up but note that they can move around a little bit. If minimal ride-up is most important to you, I would actually recommend the Steel Micro or CK One Micro (see reviews above).

I've owned this Micro Modal for 2 years and for the most part, they are still like new. They haven't become any looser with time; in fact, I have one that is two years old and another I just purchased, and they fit the same. I wash mine in cold water and line dry because I'm extra careful, but that probably isn't necessary (warm water and low dryer heat should suffice). There has never been any fraying or pilling. However, of the three I own, one has developed a 1/4" hole (and growing) in the back. Though the fabric is strong, it IS thinner than many other briefs, so it can be vulnerable to tears compared to heavier briefs.

IMPORTANT NOTE: as of June 2016, I noticed that the product description here is wrong. It is NOT "100% cotton." The tag says 92% modal (which is a type of rayon, according to Wikipedia) and 8% Lycra; this was verified as of my last purchase in June, '16.
on November 3, 2007
After years of hunting for the perfect underwear for my husband, I've finally hit the jackpot! He absolutely loves these - "the most comfortable ever" to quote him. They are holding up really well so far.

UPDATE: after several washings these have become very loose in the legs and as a result things that you want to stay in start hanging out. Too bad, started off great.
33 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
I've been on the hunt for a really comfortable pair of undies for a long time now. I finally found a great pair with the CK 365's then they were discontinued so my search went on. I then discovered the CK Steel which I liked but not as much as the 365. I bought a couple of pairs then it was also discontinued. So now these are my new favorites. I actually like them better then the CK Steel but not as much as the 365 but it's close. They feel awesome on. It's almost as if you aren't wearing any underwear except that your junk is supported and your thighs don't rub together. DO NOT dry these in the dryer on high heat. The heat will destroy the fabric and cause them to lose their elasticity. I dry them on low heat until they are still slightly damp then hang them to dry overnight. After about ten washes and dries they are still just as good as the day I got them. Please don't discontinue these CK!
on December 18, 2013
For a long time, I bought value packs of Hanes underwear. $8 for a pack of 3 - why bother paying extra to get one CK brief when I can get 9 pairs of underwear for the same price? Then I got one of these as a gift and slowly started replacing all the underwear I owned with these.

I prefer boxer briefs since they feel like the best of both worlds. The support and tightness of a brief, but the style of boxers. The material holds elasticity to not ride up. The material is very breathable. These are silky smooth, soft, and form fitting. It's like wearing lotion. The male form isn't the most beautiful thing to see, but these are shaped well enough to look good on guys. There isn't a flap in front, which may or may not bother some guys, but the way this thing is cut and the way it makes a package look it worth the trade off. Guys can be vain too. It might not be Victoria's Secret sexy, but this is Victor's Secret and is about as flattering as a guy can get.

I've washed these over and over and they are holding up very well. The elastic bands on the cheaper underwear from Hanes and other brands eventually wears out and begins to fray. I haven't experienced that with these boxers at all. Over time, I'm sure that these will make up for the higher cost since I haven't had to replace any of the CK underwear I have owned in the past few years. These are also very good for road warriors who need to pack light. They compress to almost nothing and are feather light. The micro modal material also dries very quickly, so for a road warrior/traveling businessman who is stuck for a few extra days more than expected, these can be quickly washed in a hotel sink at night and be dry a few hours later.

Worth it for the price? Definitely. If you are a guy (or buying for one) who has never bought underwear outside of value packs from WalMart, try these out; just be prepared to buy more to replace your entire underwear drawer. I don't think I can even go back to the value packs of underwear. They issue that stuff to convicts in prisons to punish them for their crimes. A free man on the outside deserves to have good underwear.
on August 17, 2013
Growing up as a youngster, I wore the classic Hanes tighty whities. When I got to 7th grade, and had to change for gym class that became socially unacceptable. So, I switched to Tommy Hilfiger boxer briefs, and basked in my new found ballsack comfort and locker room swag.

Unknowingly and unfortunately as a creature of habit, I stuck with this make and model of underwear for the next 20 years. I thought, underwear are all pretty much the same, what could I be missing?

Well, friends, I'm here to admit that there have been significant upgrades to underwear in the past 2 decades, all of which I have been woefully ignorant of. After a long, hot, humid summer I finally got tired of wearing what felt like a wet diaper under my business suit. Sweat and 100% cotton with wool pants are not a great combination for comfort. Something had to be done, so I looked for some popular styles on Amazon, and settled on these Calvin Klein Men's Micro Modal Boxer Briefs. They are made of "modal", which is some kind of hybrid between rayon and cotton, that results in a silky smooth, lightweight, breathable, stretchy material. The result is a pair of underwear that cling to you like spandex, feel soft like silk, and are as cool as a cucumber. My suit pants don't bunch up anymore, I stay cooler, don't sweat as much, and feel more comfortable.

I feel like I've entered the 21st century of underwear, and wanted to share incase any other guys like me haven't given this crucial piece of clothing enough thought and attention. They aren't cheap, but if you watch for sales you can get them for about $16 a pair, and are worth every penny.

I only hope they last...

EDIT: About 5 washes in, these started to lose some of their elasticity and got a bit loose. Also, they do start to get little lint ball type things on them, making them a little less smooth. The dealbreaker for me though, and the reason I don't buy more, is that they dont have a fly hole! It makes using the urinal a real pain in the butt. I have switched over to ex-officio brand boxer briefs, and like them even more!
on July 11, 2008
I got these as a gift for my husband -- he loves them and asked for more. They're very soft and don't ride up. I've noticed he likes to wear them on special days; didn't realize guys did that too. I've never found these in stores.
on April 20, 2013
My husband, due to a need to switch from standard boxer to a tighter fit, ordered 15 different brands of boxer brief. This item came out as #1 for comfort, fit and quality. Very soft, not too tight, keeps shape and does not bunch up or roll down during the day in a very active job.
on August 3, 2015
I got these because I have to dress up for work. My crotch is constantly sweating, so bad sometimes it soaks through my boxers and then starts showing through light khakis. Likely because my legs seem to always be closed and I get hot easily. VERY embarrassing! I had to find some breathable boxers. These do the job! No more sweaty crotch sweat showing through my pants.

Pros:
Does the job of letting your junk breathe.
Every female that's seen me in them says they're super sexy. It's probably just my junk that's sexy not the boxers. :)
They look very stylish

Cons:
The thread starts to de-thread after a few washes.
They're expensive.
They tend to roll up from the bottom of the legs and into your crotch. FYI: I'm African-American male, I probably have more thigh then your average Caucasian so maybe they won't roll up on you. It drives me crazy however, I'm constantly reaching down to unroll them. But I'm getting used to it.
They smash your junk up so it hides the bulge that your dress pants might otherwise show. This could be a good thing or a bad thing
on September 27, 2014
My husband resisted trying these but from the day he wore these he loved the way they fit. I have already brought him two more pair and will have to get more. He tried several different kinds but he LOOKS good in them. He says that they feel great on him,.Really underwear is not a topic at our house until I got him a pair of these..
on May 28, 2013
I intentionally waited (about 4 months) so I could see how they held up under normal conditions. I'm happy to report that they still fit perfectly - no stretching, they're keeping their shape. I've also notice no pilling (I do wash them inside out). I actually bought some more directly from CK. If you like very soft and comfortable underware that supports you without binding I highly recommend these.