5.0 out of 5 stars This is an obsession
Published on October 23, 2004 by Bonnie Sayers

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware
Published on August 1, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an obsession, October 23, 2004
I have been wearing Obsession® by Calvin Klein since it was first launched in 1985, the year I first arrived in California. It seems I am one of those people forever stuck in a time warp and prefer this classic instead of trying new scents. While I prefer the eau de parfum spray I have both variations. Although at first this tends to have a strong aroma, this doesn't last after being applied to your skin. I love the blend of vanilla, mandarin orange, peach and lemon that make up the scent of Obsession®.

My preference is more of a racy, provocative, alluring scent instead of brimming like flowers. With my skin irritations, asthma and allergies I have no problems with spraying my body parts with Obsession®. The color is quite appealing, reminding me of Spiced Rum with the brown, amber and gold tones. Obsession® cologne is suitable for both day and evening wear, indoors and outdoors and those luscious intimate settings.

This is definitely a feminine scent, sweet, sexy and not too fruity or powerful. There is a gold toned rim with the cap snapping on and pulling off most of the time with ease. Sometimes the lid does not go on just right and then the cap part becomes undone and this makes two pieces.

Once the scent has set in for awhile on my skin I detect a hint of floral with wood combination and have read on fragrance.net that Obsession® has oriental spices. It really is a winning combination that has captured my interest over the years. This is a scent that is recognizable by men and women and can be worn through out the seasons.

I would not say this is a musk scent but more of a spicy tingle that needs to be only administered once a day for long lasting appeal. The appeal of Obsession® seems to run from girls in their early twenties to those of us in our early forties, from conservative ladies to party animals.

Although it is a darker color than most fragrances, there is no staining on clothing, but I do not wear sweaters, whites or turtlenecks. When I do use the glass jar I have noticed frequently when standing over the sink the yellowish/brown tint left in the sink and have to rinse it off as well as my finger tips.

Obsession® is a potent and romantic perfume for evening. The prices of the assorted sizes of Obsession® range from forty to sixty dollars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Calvin Klein OBSESSION Eau de Parfum, 3.4 fl. oz. (Health and Beauty)
Beware of ordering fragrances from Amazon. I love Obsession and have worn it for years. This bottle smells like it is old...it has an alchohol-like distorted scent...not like the Osbession I am accustomed to. I cannot return it to Amazon because of federal regulations which prohibit regular citizens from packing and shipping fammable liquids. So I am basically out $35.00. From now on, I will buy all fragrances in store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Perfume on Amazon - I got cheated, April 28, 2012
A Paul (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Before purchasing this product, I had read reviews that fake perfumes are being sold on Amazon. But, keeping in mind my 6 year order history, I ignored it and now I am paying the price for it.

The CK Obesssion for Women that I bought turned out to be COMPLETE FAKE. There was no fragrance at all. When we sprayed it, we were shocked to realize that the product didn't have any fragrance at all. It was like spraying water. I don't think CK would have made such a bad product.

Alas, I don't have an option to return this product and I don't know if there is a mechanism to lodge a formal complaint with Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars How to tell if authentic. NOT authentic Obsession., September 14, 2013
I've been wearing this for about 20 years and right away knew something was "off" with the bottle I received (sold/shipped by Amazon). I chatted w/ customer service and they sent another bottle right away. Same thing - bad bottle - not "real" Obsession. I ordered Obsession from another online vendor that only sells perfume that I have purchased through before and finally received the real deal. Some things I noticed between my old authentic bottle (same as new authentic) Obsession vs. the imitation/fake Obsession I received through Amazon:

Differences I noticed between the real and fake bottles:

The "straw" that takes the perfume up from the bottle into the sprayer mechanism is straight on the authentic perfume and just barely reaches to the bottom of the bottle. The straw on the fake is slightly bent and longer.

The "straw" has air bubbles in the fake - not so on the real.

The label on the very bottom of the bottles are also different: fake has clear label with miniscule BLACK lettering saying something about being made in France. The real perfume bottle has a clear label with miniscule SILVER lettering saying it's made in the USA.

The lettering/font: fake has nearly identical font size and color - but when held up to the light, it is slightly transparent meaning you can see through it when directly in front of a bright light. The authentic bottle has very dark lettering that light does not pass through.

The authentic perfume will get small bubbles that QUICKLY dissipate when you shake it. The fake bottle will get bubbles too but there are many more of them and they stay around for slightly longer.

Re. smell: the fake smells "off" and doesn't smell like authentic Obsession. After you spray the fake perfume on your body the smell changes quite a bit and also dissipates much faster (half hour? hour?) as opposed to the authentic perfume which stays with me all day. Obviously this last hint is isn't very helpful to those trying the scent for the first time since they don't know what it should smell like to begin with - but those who have worn it for a long time will know the difference.

Hopefully this helps - I found it very frustrating that even after telling customer service it was a knock-off and not authentic Obsession they kept their supply and shipped another bottle from the same batch. BUT I must say their service was amazing and they did try to rectify the problem immediately. They also refunded my purchase right away too which was nice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Obsession Sold By Amazon LLC!, March 14, 2012
I have worn Obsession for years and although this item was wrap as though it were new, I opened it and sprayed to test and it does NOT smell like the current bottle I am almost out of. I will talk to my credit card company about this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Research the supplier, January 30, 2010
Gary D Lindquist "gdl" (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My wife loves Calvin Klein. You need to be careful when picking the supplier however. I ended up ordering from Perfume Depot. Their delivery time was great and it was for free. I almost ordered from another vendor on Amazon until I figured that they were charging almost as much for shipping and handling as the perfume cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Obsession, October 11, 2013
My signature scent! I am now 48 and have been wearing it since I was 18. Everywhere I go men and women alike tell me I smell good and ask what I am wearing. It just seems to work well with my body chemistry. I Love it and won't wear anything else! A+++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the real thing, April 5, 2013
I was a bit hesitant to purchase Obsession through Amazon because of the other reviewers who received counterfeit perfume. For the price, though, I couldn't resist, and I'm pleased to say that the bottle I bought was real. I purchased it through Amazon, not one of the other sellers, so that may have made the difference.

Obsession is a really nice, classic scent, and I highly prefer it to the gag-inducingly floral perfumes that are so popular nowadays. I got a 1 oz bottle for Christmas and it quickly became my favorite, hence why I chose to get the 3.4 oz size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, January 13, 2008
I like this perfume a lot!
I am so tired of smelling womens perfumes, on women, that smells like flowers and that is why I LIKE this perfume so much.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY DISSATISFIED!!!!!!!, December 29, 2011
This perfume came damaged. The bottle had leaked into the packaging and the whole package reeked of Obsession. The bottle was only 3/4 full because of the leakage, and it was not returnable because apparently returning perfume, even within a few days and with damage, isn't permissible. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift. I will never buy perfume from Amazon again.

Calvin Klein OBSESSION Eau de Parfum, 3.4 fl. oz.
$80.00