5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable
Calvin probably won't like this, but this brief is essentially the worlds most comfortable jock-strap. I don't care about fashion, but with all the running and biking I do (triathlon training), these make a big difference.

Published on June 17, 2012 by T. Iverson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth The Fanfare
First, I will say that the material is a little nicer. Second, I believe the low rise/ no fly design is a definite improvement. No looking back there, as it certainly makes things easier.

Published on May 6, 2012 by Mr. Sparkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, June 17, 2012
This review is from: Calvin Klein CK One Micro Hip Brief (Apparel)

The fabric on is soft, stretchy, and a bit clingy. It has extremely flat seams. After a 50mi bike and 10mi run, I felt nothing at all. No, I wasn't saddle-numb. It was the underwear. They were soaked (of course), but even full of sweat they hadn't dug in anywhere. This was a pretty big surprise. Normally, water + fabric + movement yields annoyed skin or at least a pressure-point or two.

For comparison, I used to wear Calvin Klein Men's 3 Pack Low Rise Brief Basic Recolor. I have a few of that exact type and many of similar style (all cotton). Outside of running & biking, there isn't much difference between cotton and CK-Ones. For road-work, though, the difference is phenomenal.

Unfortunately, I don't know how long the CK-Ones will last. I've only been using them for a little while. I ordered a bunch more and pray they'll last at least as long their cotton predecessors.

Edit: I read a review about these shrinking in the wash. Mine have shown zero discernible shrinking. However, they are small. My waist is 31~32. I bought size "M" (31-33). They're almost too small. If my waist was 32~33, I'd have to use size "L" instead. If you're on the upper edge of a size range, I'd suggest trying both the recommended size and size+1 before ordering a lot of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds the Boys in Well, October 6, 2012
For many years I've used bikini/lower hip briefs because I don't like the boys rattling around, or getting them in an awkward position that causes me to have to look around before adjusting myself--or worse, having to reach in and put everything in order because of hair pulling or pinching. Sorry to be so graphic, but can't think of any other way of putting it. I've tried regular cotton boxers that do look good and feel comfortable to lounge around in, but they didn't prevent the issues I was talking about previously when I had clothes on over them and was active. I have a pair of the snug Calvin Klein spandex type boxers that are lower on the hip and prevent rubbing between the legs when I go on long walks, dancing, etc. But, the material is so slick that my jeans, shorts, slacks, etc tend to slide down because of the slick material. I'm always having to pull my pants back up even though my belt is tight. And, I don't like to have a tighter belt anyway just to keep my pants from sliding down.

I've tried all of the Under Armour boxers of all lengths, and the only pair I've kept are XLs because the waist band is so oppressively tight as well as the legs being too tight, even though I wear a medium in the Calvin Klein Hip Brief U8515 that is being reviewed here. The Armour boxers look like biking shorts without the pad. So, I use them to run in because my shirts all hide the logo and sizes so that someone wouldn't think that I'm running in my undies. The six inch length down the inseam prevents chafing of the skin on the inside of my legs when I'm running. I sometimes use these Armour boxers when hiking to prevent chafing under my knee length walking shorts, but I don't like them under jeans--heating issues and jeans sliding issues. The rise on the Armour boxers is waaay to high for me, and I hate that feel. The elastic is too strong and wide at the waste for the Armour boxers. After trying on many pairs of boxers I settled on one pair of Calvin Klein Pro Stretch Reflex Boxer Brief U7074 in medium to replace the Under Armours in size XL for preventing chafing during athletic endeavors while wearing under pants and shorts. The waist band doesn't cut into me. The legs aren't irritatingly tight, and they don't ride up on my thighs (bunch up). They even keep the boys in well. They just can't be worn alone as easily because they tend to look more like underwear, even in the black color.

Back to the CK Hip Briefs in medium that I'm reviewing. These ride lower on my hips, not on my sensitive belly, keep the boys in well, are silky soft, and I can't even tell that I have them on. The waste band is not too wide, has a snug but not too snug tightness. I'm not into wearing Speedo swim wear (prefer long Hawaii-type loose fitting trunks), but for underwear I feel that these look good on me should I happen to be seen in them.

My idea of good underwear is that I can't tell that I've got them on--they're that comfortable. These fit that criteria. Even though getting them on sale at Amazon at $15 instead of the $20 regular price, this cost per pair is very steep for what I've paid for underwear in the past I decided to purchase 10 pair of the black color and standardize on them. They were the same price at my local Macy's, but they only had one pair and weren't listed on their web site. I highly recommend these CK Hip Brief U8515 if you're OK with basically wearing a jock strap.

For reference purposes, I'm 5'8", was a sponsored athlete for many years, head coach of a high school mountain bike team, downhill skier, runner, adventure racer (multi-day races in several regimens), etc. My waist is 32" and have muscular legs. I'm not bragging--I'm just telling you that I have high demands for underwear that doesn't get in the way of my active life. Hope this review helps you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft!, February 21, 2012
This is the first time i buy CK`s underwear, how can i say....ah....it very soft and i think i wil buy more after that~

5.0 out of 5 stars Great underwear, October 25, 2013
My first pair of Calvin Klein underwear and they are very impressive. These are great underwear, very comfortable and they fit very well. Worth every penny!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ck brief, November 6, 2012
Very comfortable, nice, relaxed, fits perfectly. The brief runs small so be careful when bought and also shrink a little in the first wash

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable underwear I have ever owned, August 13, 2014
Bob Walter (Seattle WA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought one pair of these to see how I would like them. The look seemed right for a brief. Unfortunately, I don't have a body like the model. I have a 42" waist and the XL fitted perfectly. These are the best briefs I have ever owned! It is unbelievably soft. The waistband has just the right amount of elastic; not so much that it is uncomfortable, but enough to prevent them from riding down. Don't you hate when that happens?

The price is isn't bad either. Note that these briefs do not have a fly. That isn't a problem for me. They easily move out of the way when necessary. We've washed them a couple of times and they look as good as new. I usually don't review underwear, but these are so exceptional I wanted to share how much I like them. Try a pair, you'll be back for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Calvin Klein CK One Micro Hip Brief (Apparel)
The Calvin Klein hip briefs are the most comfortable underwear I own. I have both the cotton ones and these and I would say these are bit better because they breathe a little more and don't shrink over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These, January 17, 2013
I bought these as a stocking stuffer for my husband. Nicely made, good quality and fit. I highly recommend these as a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome fit, August 14, 2014
I tried these on as soon as I got them. I wear a size 32 on the waist and weigh 190 pounds so I ordered a Large. They're comfortable and the they fit perfect. I wore them all day and couldn't even tell I was wearing briefs. I recently made the switch from boxer briefs to briefs and these, along with the CK hip brief, are my favorite so far. I also wore these to the gym as I like to work out 5 days a week, I like something that won't ride up, can keep the boys in place, and won't make feel restricted and these do the job. Overall, it's an awesome fit and a great style. Oh and my girlfriend loves these too so that's a plus haha.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth The Fanfare, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Calvin Klein CK One Micro Hip Brief (Apparel)

I definitely can't say that these are cooler and more comfortable, because they aren't. I don't mind paying more for quality, but I simply can't justify the expense here. If I'm going to pay this price, I expect a noticeable improvement in being cooler. The difference was minimal at best with these.

No problems with shipping