4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if 1 pair Rips
Published on July 28, 2009 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Ehh
Published on September 6, 2007 by Caleb N. Fritz

2.0 out of 5 stars Ehh, September 6, 2007
I bought 5 pairs of these and two of them have ripped in the same spot after only being worn twice. Both times they ripped just by me sitting up in bed, the other three have not ripped yet but i am anticipating it. Other then that they are extremely comfortable. I have not had this problem with Calvin Klein underwear in the past, as i own several pairs of them. At $26 a pair, i was disappointed, this is $52+ that went down the drain (literally).

1.0 out of 5 stars what a RIP off..., October 1, 2007
I too had a pair of these rip on me after wearing them only twice. It started as just a tiny tear on the seam and tore the rest of the way open VERY easily. I was debating if this was just a bad pair, but after reading the other reviewer's comments I'm convinced these underwear are poorly manufactured...it's a bummer too, the fabric is very soft and comfortable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute garbage!!!!, November 3, 2008
Dave (Auburn, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Purchased two pair wore them once, washed them once and they tore along the same seem just as the others have experienced.

2.0 out of 5 stars TEARable, June 25, 2010
I have owned a total of 7 pairs of the Steel line of CK Boxer Briefs. 5 of them have all ripped in the same location where the crotch meets the "leg-sleeve". One pair ripped putting them on for the first time. I am a reasonable guy, in shape, and not buying the wrong size or using them when playing sports. I promptly sent them all back to WARNACO, who I guess is the manufacturer or distributer (Per customer service). They promptly sent me replacements. Guess what, all of the replacements tore in the same spot. I have worn CK boxer briefs, in various styles/makes over the past 8 years and have never had anything like this happen with the others. Judging by the other reviews these seems like a common issue. I leave two stars because of the ease of returns. My suggestion is to stick with another style other than the Steel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if 1 pair Rips, July 28, 2009
I lost 30 pounds and had to replace my entire wardrobe, including all of my underwear. I purchased every make and model and after a week found the CK Steel Boxer Brief was the most comfortable. I went out and bought 3 white pair and two black. I have had them for two months and love them. That being said, one of the black pairs ripped down the right vertical crotch seem. I wish I could say this made be switch, but I like how they feel too much so I just went and bought another pair. Sometimes the good ones die young.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing feel, May 15, 2014
I went out on a limb and ordered an expensive pair of boxer briefs after typically buying Hanes or FotL 3packs. This product is worth the investment. Silky smooth, supportive, and nice appearance. I'd recommend to anyone. The only minor thing is the wide waistband bunches up if you sit for extended periods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 16, 2014
These boxer briefs fit great and feel very nice. The waistband is soft and the fabric is very comfortable and the pouch allows for plenty of room. The bottom of the leg has a tighter fit (but not too tight) than other types of Calvin Klein boxer briefs, which is nice because it prevents them from riding up. They are offered in various nice colors and the waistband has that appealing metallic "look" with the large "Calvin Klein" written across (in case you wanted to show off a little). I recommend this pair of underwear.

-In short-
Pros:
Soft, flexible, and quality fabric - i.e. comfortable
Comfortable and flexible waistband
Good leg length with no (to minimal) ride up
Pouch offers plenty of room
Look good on

Cons:
Waistband is quite large with "Calvin Klein" written across (could be considered a Pro for some, I feel like it is a walking advertisement)

5.0 out of 5 stars Never had any problem with rips, June 7, 2013
I've seen quite a few reviews mentioning rips along the right crotch seam. First off, let me say that I did not actually purchase my pairs through amazon. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I've had one pair now for around 2 years and have not experienced any holes, rips, or tears. I have a second pair that I've had for around 1 year and they have not ripped or tore either. I don't know if there was a bad batch at some point or what but I've not had problems with these boxer briefs. In fact, they are my all-time favorite underwear as they fit snug and don't ride up. The waistband does tend to roll some throughout the day but it hasn't been burdensome for me. I love them for everyday wear and for activities such as basketball. Also, I am borderline 34-35 waist size and I wear the Medium size in these underwear. If anything, I figure that would make them more prone to rip but maybe I just got lucky and got a good batch, I don't know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable. Watch your size., November 30, 2010
Like other reviewers said, these CK pairs are extremely comfortable, supportive. They are on the more slender fit, however. So if you typically wear S in other brands and not a slim guy (think Napoleon Dynamite), get size M or you will experience the problems mentioned in the other reviews.

If you choose the right size, these should feel very very great. Perfect for sport (comfortable, supportive) and formal clothes (no ride up, no uncomfortable feeling of boxer inside slacks/pants). I would also suggest buying individual packs before you settle on 3-pak.

I think this product deserves better than a 3 given its build and comfortability. There should be some warning on the label saying that the form is tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than others are giving them credit for!, December 19, 2010
I own about ten pairs of CK Steel boxer briefs. The first pair I bought was a little small, despite purchasing the size that was said to fit my waist. I loved the feeling of the material, so I decided to purchase more of them in a larger size. I've been wearing them for well over a year and have not had one single tear! Buy them a size larger than anything else you would normally purchase and you will not be disappointed.

Rate and Discover Movies