5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirts
Published on March 19, 2011 by NERK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be . . .
Published 20 months ago by ME

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be . . ., May 5, 2013
ME (Cincinnati, OH United States) - See all my reviews
These are the replacement for Calvin Klein's flexible fit undershirts - the ones that were 92% cotton and 8% elastane (mostly made in Egypt). I wore the flexible fit undershirts for years and they were the best - very soft, held up wonderfully, shrunk very little and were just the right cut overall, being a bit longer as undershirts should. Yes, they were expensive, but worth it.

The new ones are 95% cotton and 5% elastane (mostly made in Thailand) and the quality is nowhere near that of the flexible fit. First, the cut is what I would consider slim fit or very slim fit. I am neither a big guy nor a skinny guy and these were very tight. The old flexible fit undershirts were cut for the "average" guy where these are definitely meant for people who are very slim. After washing, it was even tighter. The length was about as long as the flexible fit. The seam at the V-neck collar was also very disappointing. Unlike the flexible fit that had a very low profile collar, these new ones have multiple stitching and were raised a bit - something too pronounced for an undershirt. The cost of the new undershirts is the same as the old flexible fit but nowhere near the quality. These new shirts are not as soft and do not hold up as well after even the first wash. I still have a few newer flexible fit (I was stockpiling just in case something like this happened) and holding each you can also tell the weight on the flexible fit was heavier.

As someone who has purchased Calvin Klein undershirts since I can remember, I was extremely disappointed. I considered going up a size but considering the length was good, I didn't want to have something too long. Also, the overall quality does not warrant a price like this. I will not purchase these again and will be looking for new undershirts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirts, March 19, 2011
These are great shirts - very soft and the fit is perfect. The v-neck is a little higher than some of the lesser brands, which is nice because I have relatively tanned skin and those bigger necks show through a white dress shirt, but the v part of these shirts is hidden by my tie. Alternatively, if I don't wear a tie and unbutton the top button, you can't see the shirt at all. But the best part is they fit just perfect and they're very soft. Even at the end of the day they're still in the same shape they were when you put them on, which is very nice. Nothing I hate worse than a stretched out cotton shirt at the end of the day making me look like a weirdo. With these, I can take off my dress shirt at the end of the day and sit around in this shirt and feel like I still look a little shiny to the wife!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, April 30, 2011
This review is from: Calvin Klein Men's Cotton Stretch 2 Pack Fashion V-Neck Underwear (Apparel)
These shirts fit perfectly, and go well with any outfit, whether it's an undershirt to an evening dress shirt, or a tee to a blazer. The only problem I have with the shirts is they stain easy with antiperspirant, but I'll blame the antiperspirant for this effect.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Real Lowering of Quality Here, February 2, 2014
As 'ME' stated in his review, much better than I could, these shirts have been cheapened by Klein.

I, too, own these tees from a few years ago. Ordered 6 more because I am wearing out the older shirts.

Much to my chagrin, I discovered that the new version of the tees is poorly made, lightweight in material & shoddy in seam stitching & the construction. This product is absolutely different from what it was only 2 years ago. The manufacturer seems to have tried to obtain great profits by skimping & lightening the weight of the material.

Unfortunately, I washed these. Wasn't thinking. Upon wearing, the cheapness of the material & poor quality of the shirt is blatantly evident. Just roll the material between your fingertips & compare to the original edition material. Not even close.

I purchase 30-40 of these shirts in white (for use under dress shirts & polos at work) and black per year. I'll never purchase these products again by Calvin Klein. It's just another nickel & diming of the consumer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not deep enough to hide behind open collar, November 10, 2012
Amazon Customer (Silicon Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
The shirt appeared to be well made with just a touch of spandex.

I know it's all the rage to let your undershirt show, but it's not a look for me. If you need a v-neck that will remain hidden behind an open-collared dress or polo shirt, then keep looking. The v-neck is cut too high on these and will show. (me: 6'1", 205lbs, 46" chest; shirt: size XL).

These went back to Amazon immediately after seeing how high the v-neck was cut.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These!!, April 9, 2011
The fabric is great! The stretch is nice. The sizing perfect. Love these T-shirts! Great for under a dress shirt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked the shirts, would only buy them on sale, July 31, 2011
Pros:
Very comfortable and good fit
Appear to be fairly durable for what they are
I think they look great on their own but most of the time I've got a sweater over them and they are still very comfortable

Cons:
Way overpriced. This is a just a T-shirt so don't expect anything more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Form fitting, retain shape, May 7, 2012
Love 'em. They are form fitting, look modern, and retain its overall shape after washing. Oddly enough though, they seem to shrink a little bit after putting them in the dryer. Got an L which fit perfectly right out of the package. But they were a bit snug after washing them. Back to normal after a few hours of wear though. Again, love how these shirts retain their shape, the stretch material really helps. Surprisingly cool even in the summer heat. Calvin Klein sizing is not the most forgiving, if you're in between an L and XL and have a few...uh...problem areas on your upper body, consider getting an XL.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but seem to be high quality., October 25, 2011
After wearing crew neck undershirts for quite some time, I decided to make the switch to v-necks. These Calvin Klein shirts were a bit more expensive but have 5% spandex to make them slightly stretchy and less prone to shrinking in the dryer (like many other cheap undershirts).

They are long enough to tuck in even after a few cycles through the wash and seem to be holding their color quite nicely. I will definitely be buying some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirts, April 5, 2011
These are some of the best T-shirt I've ever worn. The fit is perfect for me. As a personal trainer spending most of my day being active these shirts provide a great alternative to my dry-fit undershirts that I've mostly worn. The price is great and I've already ordered 2 more packs. These shirts are for athletic built individuals. So be warned. Go get yourself one and try it out. I promise you won't be disappointed.