Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Calvin Klein Men's Three-Pack Classic Briefs
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 19, 2006
I have worn these briefs for years and loved them. However, on my most recent purchase, (from Macys) I experienced the same "lack of overlap" as a previous reviewer. I thought it was just me. I don't know if it is a flaw in production or a style change, but if it is a style change, I don't like it. If I run up stairs or make other less active moves, my ball sac completely comes out of the briefs between the fly.
77 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 27, 2011
I've worn CK basic briefs for more than a decade, and used to consider them the best out there. But the briefs in the package just received don't match the prior quality. The waist band is stiff, thin and uncomfortable. The fabric is thin and not as soft. The cut doesn't seem as good (longer in the sides). Will not purchase again. P.S. These are made in Thailand; the quality has gone down hill. For this quality, may as well go back to FOTL (Fruit of the Loom) or Hanes.
on January 3, 2007
These have to be some of the most comfortable underwear that I have ever purchased or owned. They fit very well and tend to be of a thicker, higher-quality fabric than many other brands of men's briefs. Better yet, the fabric tends to stay soft even after several washings. I do have to note, however, that I have had a minor issue with the gray-colored variety. They are NOT simply the classic white ones that have been dyed; they are made slightly differently. Their elastic leg bands are NOT nearly as durable, so I have stayed put with the whites.
VINE VOICEon June 24, 2012
I got these about a year back but they seem to have shrunk. My waist is 32" and has remained the same mean while. The briefs are of poor quality and they wear out fast. I would not recommend any basic briefs by CK whether in grey or black. I own both and have had to dispose all of them within a year. I strongly recommend GAP or H&M or even JOCKEY instead. They are more expensive but they are on the money, 7 of those boxerbriefs/briefs and you are good to go. If you are buying Calvin Klein underwear please know that these 3-in-1 briefs (H&M 3 in 1's though are gorgeous) are not of the same quality as the other brands I have mentioned. Buying 3-in-1 may seem like a good idea for those who don't do laundry twice a week but they are so worn and shrunk. These became very uncomfortable to wear, my boys feel cramped.
on February 6, 2013
I have used CK for a number of years (~8 years) but it seems that the quality has changed with my last order. CK used to mean quality ... Not anymore. These are thin material,, weak bands, etc. Just cheap!
on January 15, 2015
I ordered these along with the CK Micro Low-Rise Hip Briefs and Dual Tone Hip Briefs as my first briefs (coming from boxer briefs). 3 of these cost less than either of those, and I much prefer these. I don't care about the curb appeal or looks (strange for a teenager, I know), but rather the comfort and support factors. The hip briefs sat far too low and cut way too high on the sides to comfortable. Also, they had a very narrow bridge down below that simply didn't keep it all in. I will give them the win for the pouch and waistband, though.

The worst part of these Classic Briefs is the lack of pouch. They're practically flat upfront and seem to squish it all toward your body. If you're a smaller guy, that's no biggie I'd assume. For some, a deal breaker.

The waistband on these Classics are also terrible. They don't fold over like I've heard some reviews of other products say, but it is very stiff and not very stretchy. I suppose you get what you pay for, though. The bands are not "sexy" either, like the CK low rise/hip briefs are, which is a small complaint in the grand scheme of things and won't cause me to lower the score.

I can't comment on durability because I've only worn these for a couple of weeks. The cotton is very soft, though, and it feels like theres 5% spandex or polyester blended in-- I like it very much, because it grips front and back and keeps in place. I'm 5'11", 150, and a 31-32 waist and the mediums fit very well. I can't say these end my search for the coveted "perfect pair", but definitely are a step in the right direction.
on June 2, 2015
When you first get the Calvin Klein Men's briefs they fit as expected and are very comfortable the only problem is that Calvin Klein has decided to outsource where their underwear is made for cheap labor and it shows as the quality isn't that great meaning that in a short time after washing the elastic that fits around your legs doesn't stay fit snug it becomes over stretched even wearing their smallest size 28 after a while they become over stretched and I end up having to throw them in the garbage so no I wouldn't buy the product again unless there was an excellent sale. The product is way over price at regular price and not long lasting high quality but this the fault of Calvin Klein, the seller on Amazon has no control over how companies make products they are selling.
on November 11, 2006
Almost a great product, that fit perfectly, it is well made and very comfortable. However, the fabric at the front of the brief doesn't overlap too much which can cause you to "slip" out the front.
on September 26, 2013
Men's underwear is a very personal choice, and these Classic Briefs are not as popular as they were a generation ago. But this is the style some men such as myself prefer, and I am trying to avoid the tidy whities look, which is very difficult to do. Very few manufacturers sell briefs in anything but white, and I am also kind of tired of only black and grey as alternatives. So I searched for these in colors, and purchased a 3-pack. Almost every batch I buy is manufactured in a different country, but this particular batch feels pretty good quality. I am a pretty typical pot bellied older male, but I order these a size smaller than pants or short due to their low riding fit-if you are a 40, order a 38. These are not cheap, but you can't find them in department stores, and if you are picky like me, it's worth buying the premium brand.
on February 23, 2015
Still the best fitting & made of the mass produced underwear I've tried, just wish they handled repeat washing better; last set lost their elasticity in less than a year. Maybe that's all I should expect, but other elastic waist underwear I've owned lasted longer before losing all structural integrity.