5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, comfortable, supportive
I use these exclusively for running, under tights or compression shorts. The fit is perfect. Size medium, 160 lbs, 31 waist. Great moisture control, and no discomfort, even after 10 miles.
Published 23 months ago by Stogie

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea for traveling light
Washed and dried well over night in the hotel bath room so one needs only a few of these for a trip.
Published 19 months ago by RELE

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, comfortable, supportive, May 10, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the high price, even better when on sale, June 3, 2013
CO22 (Rockville, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Calvin Klein Men's Two-Pack Microfiber Stretch Hip Brief (Apparel)
I was looking for something to replace similar briefs from Brooks and Champion that I've been using for workouts and during hot weather for several years, so I purchased a two-pack in black about three months ago and, despite the fact that they are not exactly cheap, I have been very pleased with them so far and have recently purchased other colors as well.

Pros:
1. Thanks to the microfiber they fit very well, snug but not tight or uncomfortable.
2. They layer well under cycling shorts, running shorts, and tights.
3. They don't chafe or sag even after long rides or workouts.
4. As others have pointed out, they're great for traveling; just hand-wash at night and they're dry in the morning.
5. They've held up very well so far, no signs of wear, fading, or stretching. I can't tell the older ones from the brand new ones.

Cons:
1. Price. $35 for a two-pack is not cheap, but neither are the briefs from Brooks that I'd been using before. Also, these go on sale occasionally, so if you can then wait for the next sale and get them for around $25 instead of $35.
2. As with other microfiber items, these will probably last much longer if you hang them up after washing instead of throwing them in the dryer. So that means extra work for you or whoever does your laundry.

Despite the cons, these are a solid 5/5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Superman Style, March 19, 2014
I've owned these for a month or two now, and I both agree and disagree with several reviews I read before purchasing these on a Lightning Deal.

Personally, I have always worn fairly cheap underwear of all styles (briefs,boxers, and the eager to please middle child - the boxer-briefs). However, I felt my goodies deserved a special treat and indulged in this purchase. Plus, my lady swore they'd look sexy on me, and she is very satisfied in that department. I ordered the black, and they look identical to the picture, which I believe captures their subtle sheen.

The microfiber feels very smooth and comfortable. No issues with stretching out/loose extra material as tends to happen with cheaper underwear. I still get a little sweaty and funky around there, but no more than usual. Perhaps, even slightly less so, since they fit so snug to allow the rest of my legs to breath, and seem to wick away the sweat from the walnut factory. I usually wear these at work (I'm a waiter) where I'm swiftly walking back and forth all day which has previously led to some chaffage issues, but not since I've worn these.

I'm generally a 33" waist, as I wear 32" or 33" pants (or various womens sizes if I'm feeling antiestablishmentarian) so I bought the Mediums. The waist definitely feels great -- not so tight that it leaves any sort of mark or feels uncomfortable, and not loose in any way at all. While the strong support for the gems is nice, initially it may seem too strong. I had a hard time fitting everything in there, and I'm not smuggling any bananas past customs -- just a couple of grapes and a baby carrot (if ya know what I mean). The one eyed monster felt a little squished. He started to retreat a bit, but I told him to suck it up hang in there. By the end of the day, he felt warm and cozy, like a new born baby in swaddling clothes. I forgot I was wearing anything at all. They were very comfortable, and the more I wear them, the more comfortable they become. I believe they stretched ever so slightly to accommodate my troops, or perhaps the soldiers got comfortable with life in the barracks. Either way, these are now my favorite underwear. Sometimes it still takes a minute to get everything in it its proper place upon putting these on, but after a few minutes everything settles in nicely.

I suppose it may be a little sad that there's no pee hole since the middle is stitched, but I believe this helps them keep their firm shape. I've had problems with other underwear starting to stretch a bit in the middle and things start popping out to say hello, so clearly that's no problem here. And, if you're really too lazy to unbutton your pants or unclasp your belt to pee, maybe you shouldn't be wearing underwear in the first place, or even bother getting up and walking to the bathroom -- just buy a bedpan and enjoy some Prime Video.

Some points I disagree with from previous reviews:

1. The stitching line down the middle is not uncomfortable in any way. This gentleman may be extremely sensitive down there, and I wish him luck in all his endeavors.
2. These come nowhere near my belly button. I was very confused by the reviews that commented on how large or tall the waist portion rises, as I don't have that experience at all. They sit a little low if anything, but I like where they rest.

Four stars because of the occasional temporary discomfort in "packaging the supplies", but as I stated, these are my favorite chonies yet. I used to believe I had good underwear, but now, these raised my standards even higher. My imagination has been set loose as I dream of the perfect blend of support, comfort, style, and ventilation. While these aren't the flying car of the future, they're the newest model of (insert favorite car here), and it's time to go for a ride.

Overall, I give these two well-supported balls up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea for traveling light, September 9, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy Feel, May 7, 2012
These underwear feel amazing! The fabric is soft and silky and tight but not too tight. They make my butt look fantastic and push up the twig and berries creating a supportive strong presence in my pants. I'm going to buy more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great underwear!, January 13, 2014
Great fit, and very sexy look. I bought them for my husband and he looks jaw dropping amazing in them :) They are very soft to the touch, and he finds them to be very comfortable!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, comfortable, and slinky, but the cut is a little off., January 3, 2014
Steve (Pacific North West) - See all my reviews
The material is stretchy and it remembers it's size very well. Also, the material is strong. It is slightly shiny like lycra, and slightly see-through on the sides and top of the butt when stretched, but not the front "V" that covers your stuff. And the under part. Those parts remain opaque because it is double layered or something.

The material is kind of slinky and it feels good on the skin and cool to the touch.

A while back some of the stitching started to rip on part of a pair of these. I was worried they would start to fall apart, but they have remained strong. I believe this is a testament to the high quality of the stitching. Or a double stitch maybe? I'm trying to be helpful here. Whatever, it's good.

I have to be honest though, I'm not sure how cool these are, or what message they give. If you often have to drop trow in front of others at a gym, in a locker room, whatever, you might spend some time considering if this is really the look you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit / Feel, January 13, 2014
Excellent fabric and snug fit. It is a fabric and style that he will feel good wearing and she will want to see him wear. Comfortable and durable. Color is very vibrant.

3.0 out of 5 stars Grandma panties for men, November 13, 2013
I decided to give another brand a chance aside from 2-ixist which I love. What a disappointment these Calvin Kleins were. They are like male grandma panties. Weird fit...high cut on the hip but then the waistline goes up to my belly button. Real sexy Calvin. Going back to 2-xist.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as CK steel micro hip brief, April 9, 2013
FastLane (Northeast USA) - See all my reviews
It appears to have the same fabric composition as the CK steel, but it feels "clammy". Also thought I was getting one pair which would be "sky" blue. Nope. Looks more green than blue - maybe turquoise.

Fit is good, but like the Steel, size down.

ARRAY(0xd88efc40)