5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item
Great quality item with enough weight to it to keep your foods from tipping as you work your magic cuisine. I love that it sits in the sink for added stability. Thanks for a great item. Very useful
Published 8 months ago by Joyce Wagner

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of money!
Published on July 21, 2009 by Sonya M.

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of money!, July 21, 2009
I purchased this colander less than a year ago for my daughter's college apartment. I figured I couldn't go wrong - it was the right size, and it was attractive. Well, I traveled down to visit her this past weekend, and I was horrified to see that the colander was covered in rust! The paint had cracked and chipped, and rust had completely taken over. We threw it away immediately, and I am ordering her a Tovolo melamine colander (I have had mine for years, and I've had no problems with it). It worries me to think of what my daughter was ingesting! The thought of hot pasta sitting in rust and peeling paint, and then going right into her mouth, literally turns my stomach. This doesn't even deserve 1 star. It is a completely useless item. Amazon shouldn't even sell it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enamel!, December 30, 2007
This is painted metal, not enamel. As mentioned in another review, the paint starts to bubble and chip off with very mild wear. With all the worry about lead lately, I worry about using this painted (not enamel) cookware item.

3.0 out of 5 stars After a year enamel chips off, November 16, 2007
When I picked up this product at While Foods after passing it be for the umpteenth time I was thrilled. It was bright, fun, sturdy, and did exactly what it was supposed to do. But after a year of very light use, in a mild environment (a dry cupboard in my Brooklyn apt.) about 25% of the enamel around the drainage holes had chipped off, and has rusted underneath. Despite my best efforts, I don't cook very often which means my colander was only being used a few times a month. Very, very disappointed. I can't imagine small enamel bits in your food is very healthy. But since I paid a good $25 for it I am trying to use it a while longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst colander ever, October 6, 2009
I have had this item less then 3 months and seldom use it. The enamel is chipping off from the inner center of the colander which makes it unusable to me. I was draining beans in it over the weekend when I noticed chips of enamel in my food. I was so distraught and had to throw away my food. I contacted the manufacturer and sent them e-mail asking them to replace the item. I haven't heard back from them. I wouldn't buy any more items from this manufacturer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ditto what everyone else says, October 4, 2009
A beautiful colander that simply does not hold up. This colander rusts and chips with regular use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Enamel chips, metal rusts, February 25, 2011
I am still using this colander after a few years, but my husband is nagging me to replace it. Like other reviews state, the enamel is chipping and the metal is rusting. This is only happening for me on the bottom of the colander, so it's not getting into the food and I'm still using it. However, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the rest of it begins to chip and rust. Save your money, buy something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love the Look but it's Peeling, August 7, 2012
Wanted a sturdy colander that looked nice enough to leave out. It's a nice size and handles are helpful. This looked good at first but found that after a year or so the finish started peeling off. We've only hand washed it and don't use it every day. Expected it to wear better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't strain anything HOT!, December 14, 2011
Don't strain anything HOT or it will crack and then rust.
Not happy with this at all. I might buy more but it will only be used to rinse veggies and fruits and will hang for decoration on my pot rack, because that is about all its good for.
I also have a small yellow one, and I only use it to hold fruit on my counter so its held up good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Enamel Chips off and the Metal Rusts, December 6, 2010
I couldn't resist buying this beautiful colander from Whole Foods. It seemed sturdy, high quality and stylish. I figured it would last me a long time, especially for the price. However, within a year the enamel on the bottom started to chip off. I'm not sure if it was caused by the dishwasher or not but that's how I first noticed it. The metal was dark and rusted underneath. I was really surprised. I used the colander often, maybe once every two weeks, but always took good care of it. I placed it in an empty sink, dumped food (pasta, boiled potatoes, etc) into it, emptied it out and immediately placed it in the dishwasher every time. After the dishwasher cleaned the dishes, it would go into the cupboard inside glass bowls where nothing could chip it. This should all be normal wear that the design should've taken in consideration.

Since the rust was on the bottom where the food didn't really go I continued using this colander as I searched for a new one. It took me for awhile because I wanted something pretty and metal but more long lasting. Then the enamel began to chip off of various places in the inside area where the food goes. Since I didn't want my food touching the rust, I finally decided to drop the aesthetic requirement for a new colander and bought OXO Good Grips 3-quart Stainless Steel Colander. (On Amazon the OXO is currently more expensive than the Calypso but that wasn't how it was when I purchased my two colanders but as long as the OXO lasts longer it's worth it. It's been two months so far and I haven't had a problem.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, October 17, 2013