Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Color: LemonChange

on February 5, 2010
Ah, I was seduced by the color! Unfortunately, after just a couple of months, the enamel coating began to chip off--first along the bottom, then along the top edges. Which of course lets water in to rust the base metal.

The round holes in the colander are slightly too big, so spaghetti can slide right out.

Also, the 1.5-quart size is just a tad too small for, say, a bunch of greens or a pound of pasta.

Good thing I didn't throw out or old workhorse, not-a-pretty-color colander!
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2013
Some of the reviews for this and other sizes complain about rust. It says clearly on the label not to put it in the dishwasher. It looks and feels solidly made to me. I've been using it for a few weeks now with no complaints.

The blue is definitely an azure blue, a bit toward the turquoise side. It won't exactly match kitchen products that are more toward primary blue, say Racheal Ray's line, but it doesn't clash with them either.

I don't understand the concerns about the size of the holes; this is a colander, not a sieve. I wouldn't put rice in it, but I've had no problem with spaghetti.

It is a perfect size if you are cooking for one or two people and easily holds about 1/2 lb of cooked pasta. If you need more than that, get the 3 qt size.
on August 9, 2014
Unfortunately I didn't read the other reviews before buying, so I didn't realize how SMALL this colander was. You can't really use it for pasta unless you're cooking in a sauce pan (not a pot). The outside is also a fainter shade of blue than the inside -- not sure if that's a defect or on purpose. But, I actually think it's cute overall, so I'm thinking of using it just for washing fruit and buying a bigger matching one.
on May 10, 2011
Tried it again, because it is such a fun color. Finish has a few bubbles in it. Hope it lasts. Oct 2011

It appears perfect for washing those small amounts of fruits and veggies. However, after a few uses the enamel starts to chip off. Does not matter if you hand wash it or rinse with warm water....I have had two, babied them and they both chipped within a month or two. Buy something else, inferior finish.
on May 10, 2014
The only drawback is that more water pools in the bottom than you'd like and I seem to have to tip it on it's side and hold the contents in and drain some excess water over the edge. It would be nice if the bottom set of holes had 2-3 more rings of holes stamped out. I still like this better than a wire mesh colander or a plastic colander.
on December 12, 2008
This petite colander is perfect for small jobs and is easy to tuck away for storage, although it's so pretty that you might want to leave it out!

I use it to drain the noodles from a box of mac & cheese, rinse a bunch of grapes, or drain a small portion of steamed vegetables.

It's very well-made and sturdy. I love it!
on February 12, 2007
This colander is great looking, you can leave it out on an exposed shelf or open cabinet. It's easy to wash (hand wash) and it works great. I love the fact that its footed so that you can stand it up in your sink or set it on the counter next to you.
on September 1, 2008
Being a guy i didn't think about the size listed 1.5 quart this is apparently small. Looks good, feels good, nice craftsmanship just smaller then i would have thought. I would buy again but would buy next size up
on October 30, 2010
I love this colander. It was exactly what I was looking for. Fun color and very functional for berries, grapes and smaller pasta portions.
on November 25, 2012
Works well for small things like grapes etc. Durable and hold up to a lot of use! We use this on almost a daily basis