on December 16, 2003
I have used the Cambridge SoundWorks Ensemble IV surround speaker system for over 2 years now. I am extremely satisfied! The system uses 5 small cube speakers that pack a punch. They sound great! The 0.1 component is a non-amplified subwoofer that is the size of a shoebox. I love the power and sound clarity I get from my 5.1 set. This is the best inexpensive way to complete a DVD watching experience. I routinely put in the "gunfight at the bank" scene from *Heat* to show off my system, and believe me, everyone is impressed. The system comes w/ a 10 year warantee, but I have never had a problem w/ my system.
One tip: most surround stereo receivers can adjust the power/output to emphasize the front speakers more than the rears. I highly advise doing that. In fact, Cambridge SoundWorks wants you to do that. Once you do that, you will notice a lot more bass from the subwoofer, as well as louder dialogue from the front speakers.
This system is a consumers best buy! It is easily the best value per dollar that I have ever spend on Audio/visual equipment. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is on a budget and doesn't want to lose out on experiencing 5.1 surround sound or DTS. And it will sound great!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on October 23, 2002
I live in an apartment and am very cramped for space. The Ensemble 4 surround sound speakers are the ideal solution for me. They are small and unobtrusive, yet they sound really great! My friends can't believe that all that sound is coming from those little speakers. The woofer hides under an end table and the small speakers are mounted on the wall. I would highly recommend this system to anyone that is looking for big sound from small speakers...oh yeah, and the price absolutely can not be beat- I know, I shopped around!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again