Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: White|Change

on February 10, 2011
I receved the vent and it was just as described. Works and actually eliminated the black tank odors that would happen at times when you flushed the toilet. I normally only had odor in windy situations and/or when someone might use the toilet while traveling in the motorhome. This simple device creates by design a constant updraft via the vent pipe. Works good. BTW, Camping World has these also but not at this pricing.
on July 2, 2013
Although I just installed this and therefore really can't give an opinion on it's effectiveness, it was a breeze to install. However, rather than use silicon as suggested, I used the self-leveling sealant for RV rubber roofs. I simply made certain the escutcheon
(flange) was flat against the roof and applied a generous amount of sealant around the flange, making certain that I got up on the flange about a half an inch from the edge and applied that bead and the tied in another bead on the roof making certain that both beads flowed evenly together....giving it a solid seal all the way around. The entire job, including removal of the old cap, took no more than 5 minutes. After I have had it awhile I will review it's effectiveness. So far so good...no odor at all and we were having serious problems with odors entering the trailer, mostly due to extremely hot days.
UPDATE**** Odor problem solved...totally. Zero odors after a week. Finally, no foul odors in the trailer. The odor problem was serious, now zero odor..nada
on March 18, 2011
This is actually the second of these units that I have purchased. I bought the first one at Camping world about 7 years ago to help eliminate odors inside the bathroom of our first RV. When we purchased our new, to us anyway, 5th wheel I immediately purchased and installed this unit on the vent pipe as I would not be without one!

Installation is a bit putssy and you have to make sure that you have the proper caulk for your roof type - don't just use silicone on rubber roofs, trust me, I know - but once installed it is maintainace free and does a great job of providing just enough suction to keep odors moving up and out. Even with no wind the design is such that there is a bit of updraft that keeps a negative pressure in the holding tank.
on October 15, 2014
I purchased this vent for my motorhome after seeing this vent spin around when the wind blew on two or three other campers with this mounted on their campers. I researched the product before purchasing and was impressed with the results of this product. I removed my old vent cover and cleaned the area that I was about to mount this new vent to. My vent pipe is located on the roof but to the right side of the camper so the roof rolls downhill a little to the right. When I installed the cyclone vent to the vent stack and flat mounted it the the roof it was leaning to the right which cause the cyclone vent to be off balance. So I had to offset the base just enough for the cyclone to remain balanced so to freely spin when a breeze blew. The kit comes with 3 screws to mount the cyclone to the vent pipe but were to short to completly penetrate my vent pipe so I had to go buy three replacement screws just a 1/4" longer. I just used premium clear silicone to seal around the base of the cyclone vent and cover plate. The instructions are vague at most so you need some mechanical apptitude to install this vent correctly. I didn't have a venting problem to start with but I have noticed a slight difference in the air quality when we enter into the bathroom. There is more of a fresh air smell instead of a bathroom smell.
on February 7, 2014
Very poorly designed roof connection. If you have a rubber roof the amount of Dicor you would have to use is crazy, plus that is the only thing (no butyl tape under it.) Because of that I modified the old roof vent so as to slip this one onto it and then caulked it in place. Can't believe Camco didn't design this better.
on May 14, 2016
If you have a camper of any kind with a black tank YOU NEED THIS!!! We have a Keystone travel trailer and no matter what we did or try we still get some odor when flushing the toilet. Not every time but at times was very bad. I was skeptical this would actually work but it was worth a try. I don't know what was the better upgrade to our camper...big outdoor TV, sound bar/subwoofer or this? Ok its this...NO MORE ODOR AT ALL!!! Since installing this before Easter we have had the camper out several times and not one stinky molecule has come up. First trip out with it winds were gusting most the time and it kept spinning like a weather vain with no problems. I did not install it exactly like the instructions. After I removed the factory cap there was enough pipe sticking out to modify and mount this without removing the factory mount. I didn't want to chance any leaks so if you can do it this way its much better. Get this you will be happy.
review image review image
on July 14, 2015
Although we had used a wide variety of toilet chemicals, we had been troubled by sewer smells in the coach especially on hot summer days. Since we added the Cyclone vent we've had several hot days but no odor.
on October 15, 2011
It's a little larger than I would like, but I installed it without bothering to drill holes and use screws. Just used sealant to hold everything in place, in case it did not live up to expectations. But it totally eliminates odor when driving. About 1500 miles so far and it all stays in place just fine. It was also at the best price I have seen anywhere. Delivery was very prompt.
on November 30, 2014
The problem with Amazon as well as all the rest of the web sites visted, they will not give any mesurements of hole patterns, Height, Width, Depth or part numbers. If they do give you some form of measursment, they are not complete or they could be metric.
I LIVE IN AMERICA WE HAVE OUR OWN STANDARD OF MEASUREMENT, USE IT!!!!!! You have to look at the pictures and try to decide, is the correct unit??? You order it hopping that it is CORRECT, if not you must ship it back or modify it.....
The inside hole measurement is 1 1/2 in for this unit. Most RV exaust pipes are 1 1/4 in. It will fit, you must go to the hardware store and get a bushing, 1 1/4 in to 1 1/2 in. Get a bushing that does not have a stop in the 1 1/4 in inside pipe, that will give you more flexibility as to where you want to mount it. The other problem is that the hole in the roof is oversized and this unit will not hold the pipe in a stable position. You must place the bushing and then block the pipe so it is stable. I placed the bushing 2 in from the roof top to the center of the bushing,(do not glue it in place) I drilled three holes in the vent tube (thirds) then placed the unit over the exaust pipe in the preferred location and drilled the hole thru the bushing and vent pipe placed one screw and then drilled the other holes, placed stainless screws long enought to go clear thru the vent, bushing and pipe. This was done above the sealing collar and makes everything solid and it will stay in place.
The unit is what I wanted and works great....(Have not sealed unit yet)
review image
on July 23, 2015
Anyone can install this unit, it is so easy and works really well drawing air out of the black tank and sending it down wind. Remember to close your roof vents to keep the smell from coming back inside your RV. Took me an hour to figure out where the smell was coming from. Turned on the vent fan to low speed and the smell went away.