4.0 out of 5 stars Slippery top
One potential problem I was aware of from reading reviews and seeing one a friend had is the two side shelves are a laminate that can warp when wet, so I sprayed several coats of a protective marine varnish.
Published on November 8, 2011 by Owen

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product... JUST DON'T GET IT WET!
Published on August 14, 2011 by Ray LeCara Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product... JUST DON'T GET IT WET!, August 14, 2011
Ray LeCara Jr. (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
Everything about this table is awesome! It really is. In addition to being very quick and easy to set-up, there are plenty of hooks for utensils and even one for paper towels. It's also spacious and lightweight--just as advertised. The problem? While the table top (see center table) may be aluminum, the side shelves are made of FIBERBOARD! It didn't take long before those shelves began warping from getting wet. Nowhere in the product description was this addressed. I was very upset! So, if you like what you see and still want to purchase it, be sure to use it when the weather is dry and give it a thorough wipe down if it gets wet. Whether home or on the road, if you don't want to deal with setting it up each and every time you want to use it, be sure to purchase a large grill cover to keep the shelves dry when not in use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slippery top, November 8, 2011
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
One problem I was not aware of was how slippery the top is. The table was jostled slightly & the grill slid off! Fortunately it wasn't in use at the time. I now have it fastened, but be careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great table for camping, October 15, 2012
MW (Miramar, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
We took this to the Florida Keys for a three-night camping trip. We used it to set our portable grill on, which was this one: Cuisinart CGG-200 All-Foods 12,000-BTU Portable Outdoor Tabletop Propane Gas Grill (see uploaded photo above). The grill fit perfectly, and was at a great height to cook off of and to see what was cooking (I'm 6'1"). The table is very sturdy, and folds up nicely to fit inside a black carry case that comes with it.

As others have mentioned, the two side tables are made of a sturdy cardboard of some sort, that is covered on the top with what seems to be water resistant material. Underneath, however, it seems to be a bit exposed. I took another reviewer's suggestion and sprayed the bottom of the side tables with a water sealant to better protect it. We've had no problems with warping, but then again, luckily for us it didn't rain while we were using it. Just in case, during the nighttime I covered the entire thing with a tarp.

I really like this thing...it makes a nice kitchen area for the campsite and folds up to a reasonable size for what you get. It is not really what I would call light, but neither is it all that heavy. It is stable when set up and sets up quickly and easily.

I expect to get quite a few years use out of it; if things change I will update the review. Thanks!

2.0 out of 5 stars Shelf tops delaminated, July 16, 2013
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
I have bought several products made by Camco and have been satisfied. I like the style and set-up of this one. BUT the materials used are lacking. After two uses and a couple rains, the tops on both shelves bowed enough to pop out of their frames and one side delaminated. I noticed the hinge points are starting to rust. The top is is very slippery and will let my grill slide around so I had to buy some clamps to hold it down. The table is convenient and along with the carry case is easy to store. I guess more than anything I am disappointed with the quality, It doesn't compare with other products I have bought thru Amazon..

3.0 out of 5 stars Great table for portable gas grill but you can't leave it in the rain, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
This is a very cleverly designed table to hold a camp stove or the Camco 58145 Stainless Steel Portable Propane Gas Grill. It folds up like one of those camp chairs or an old-timey card table. When you unfold it, you have two side tables made of fiberboard, a rack for paper towels and place to hang tools, and a slat top of enameled metal that holds the grill itself.

I don't camp as much as I used to--but "real estate" on my deck is at a premium and I like the fact that this table lets me gas grill comfortably and it folds up for storage. And that's another issue: while I'd like to leave it out all summer, I can't because the table top is made from some kind of compressed cardboard with paint on the surface. There is no paint or waterproofing under the surface, so it warps if you leave it in the rain. A few drops and the top was already showing signs of damage. To camp with this, therefore, you have to coat the top and side flaps with marine paint to prevent water damage. This is a really stupid oversight on the manufacturer's part and since this is for camping, tailgating and outdoor use, well, RAIN happens.

Pro:

1. It's easy to carry; folds up into the included cordura nylon zip bag, and is the size of an artist's portfolio (think, the dimensions of poster board.)

2. It unfolds easily--pull out, pop on the top over the rails, put on the wire shelf underneath and you have an instant cooking table.

3. It doesn't weigh a ton--16 lbs.

4. You can put it in the trunk of a sedan or back of a car and it's not terribly bulky

Con:

1. The top is slippery. I would think about putting non-skid feet on the grill or putting a sheet of heat-proof silicone mat down. I wouldn't use foam or plastic, because the heat could melt it onto the table, or it could catch fire.

2. This is the BAD POINT: As I mentioned before, the fiberboard side panels are not coated underneath and THEY WILL WARP and get damaged in rain. I tested it out. 20 minutes in a medium rainstorm and when I brought the table inside; the corner of one panel was already swelling and warping. I dried it off but clearly this table is NOT WEATHERPROOF. So I have to dismantle the panels or somehow mask the aluminum edges and then coat the panels well with marine paint. A stupidly unnecessary step. Hello! We grill outdoors! Fiberboard is not a good choice of materials.

Other than those issues, this is a cool design. For me, since I have a small deck and only grill occasionally for small dinner parties, this works really well. If I go camping with friends, I am going to be SO happy to bring this along.

If you are tailgate fans but don't have a lot of room for big setups, this fits in even a small car. Maybe even a Fiat 500.

3.0 out of 5 stars Made in China on the cheap!, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
I have had mine over a year now and I bought it from Kmart for $20.00 and that is what it is worth!!! Don't wast your money when you can buy it local for whole lot cheaper and if you don't like it you can return it to the store. :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick set up, July 11, 2013
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
This table sets up quick and stores in a nice tote bag. My mini grill's rubber legs slide on the table top, so I use a no skid pad between the two.

If you have read other comments about the side stands being made of a laminated cardboard on the top surface, it's true. But if you don't leave it out all night in the moisture, the top surface works fine with spills and cleans up well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdier and larger than I expected, a good value, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
I purchased this item to use while camping. I was immediately pleased with this grilling table, as it is much sturdier and larger than I anticipated, yet still lightweight enough to easily carry. The storage bag is a nice plus as well. It unfolds very easily, and will be a good addition to our camping setup this coming summer.

However, I am glad that I unpacked it right away, as when we set it up we immediately noticed a problem. One of the side tables was slanted, and it wouldn't stand up straight. We realized that one of the support bars (which have a curve at one end) was installed backwards, making the table itself effectively useless. The arms are bolted in place, so they cannot be removed by the user. I contacted Amazon for a replacement, and they were very responsive and speedy with their reply and with sending me a replacement table (which was shipped out prior to them receiving the returned item, which I appreciated).

Overall, although the original item was assembled incorrectly, I am very happy with the replacement, and with the general size, sturdiness, and quality of the item. The mini grill pictured in the online photo seems to be very, very tiny, which gives an unrealistic impression of how much room there actually is on the tabletop. But I was pleased to note that the top itself (which is slotted for drainage) will fully support a standard size Coleman stove, and the side tables are also sturdy and certainly large enough for a simple weekend camping trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just one flaw, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
I didn't read many reviews before I bought this, and I was disappointed to read that the side tables were prone to warping if they got wet: It seems to me that you should be able to leave this up and go to sleep at night, not worrying about whether it rains or not. That being said, it's still a great table at a great price, and the service was excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Multiple uses, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Camco 57293 Deluxe Grilling Table (Automotive)
Multiple uses and versatile small table. When not in use, fold it and store it anywhere is easy since its profile is minuscule and easily placed within its zipped up bag. The table is sturdy and 'anchored' by 8 independent points, making it virtually incapable of tipping over unless bumped.

ARRAY(0xa37b5d14)