Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Style Name: Standard Chuck Only|Change
Price:$4.88+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on August 19, 2011
Before buying this I was using a socket from a socket wrench set with a hex adapter so it would fit in my drill. This product is better in three ways. First, my solution was two piece and often the socket would come off the hex adapter and stay on the jack as I pulled the drill away. This can't happen with this product's one piece design. Second, it is six sided and the socket I was using was twelve sided. With six sides this product applies torque to the sides of the jack's nut, not just the corners, which will prevent rounding them off. Third, my socket set is not longer missing the socket that I used to leave in the camper.
on June 20, 2012
My back is 65% happier now. Slap onto cordless drill, pull trigger four times, go sit some place out of the sun and contemplate the meaning of life.
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2013
Works great and saves alot of cranking by hand. Just make sure you have a drill or screw gun that has enough torque to run the jacks you have, but that has nothing to do with this product, just a little advice.
on January 18, 2012
I bought this item to save setup time, how many of us want to these days?

I do not know many RVers that enjoy toiling with the scissor jacks on their RVs. We all want something that can make a tedious task done as quickly as possible. Look no further, this is the item we all need. Once this socket has been installed into a cordless drill, a scissor jack can be on the ground in under ten seconds.

If your drill has a selectable torque clutch, it can be set to stop once the jack touches the ground. Then you are off to the next jack with seconds to spare. It is highly recommended to use a cordless drill with a 2-speed gearbox. Use the "1" setting for the "Torque" and the "2" setting to quickly raise or drop them just above the ground. Then follow with the "1" setting to continue to drop it to the ground. Always remember to charge your batteries before each use or trip.

This is certainly a "Must Have" for all RVers with scissor "stabilization" jacks on their RVs. Hand cranks are for "Stoneage Campers".
on May 1, 2013
Product works as described. Make raising and lowering the four corner jacks on my camper much quicker. I still carry a wrench for making the final leveling adjustments. Make sure you have a heavy duty drill to use, my black and decker 18v isn't quite large enough.
on April 26, 2011
Paired up with a 14.99 cordless drill from Harbor Freight this makes it a breeze to raise and lower the jacks.
on March 18, 2011
It was delivered promptly and, used with my existing Dewalt 18V power drill, saves me a lot of manual labor when lowering or raising the stabilizer jacks on my Travel Trailer
on July 1, 2014
I've used these previously on another trailer and would not leave home without it! Place it in your rechargeable drill and it will drive your leveling jacks from full up to ground contact in about 2 or 3 seconds. Unless you have a VERY powerful drill, you cannot finish the leveling process without using the hand tool, but is saves an incredible amount of cranking. BTW, I also bought the BAL 28012 X-Chock Tire Locking Chock and found that the ratcheting wrench included with that also fits my leveling jacks and is a far superior tool to the crank that came with my trailer.
on October 4, 2015
Pair this with a DeWalt 18V battery operated drill, who needs automatic levelers for a camper? (by the way, 18V battery operated DeWalt drill w/2 batteries and charger usually go on sale around thanksgiving or Christmas a for around $90, cheaper than a pair of replacement DeWalt batteries.)
In my limited experience camping, one charge on my drill batteries will operate my jacks when I set up and when I break camp. This socket with a drill allows me to set up and take down much quicker and either be on the lake fishing or on the road in less time. Seriously, if you have to set up in the rain or are trying to evacuate for a flood this can make all the difference in whether you get out or not.
on February 25, 2016
Works as advertised. I've been using this for three years and it does what it's suppose to. After using the manual crank that came with my 5th wheel, I decided to purchase this. This socket, along with my cordless drill, raises and lowers the manual stabilizer jacks much faster. Ya, I know, the manual crank will help with much needed exercise, but I'm all about speeding up the set-up and take down of the trailer so I can get right to relaxing.