4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite "Love at first bite"
My tap water at home tastes great--or should I say, it's tasteless (in a good way). But at work it's not so convenient to get drinking water except from the vending machine, so I got this Camelbak bottle especially for work. I've been happy with it for that use, though it's a little small (just over half a liter) for hiking or any situations where you won't be able to...
Published on January 10, 2011 by Linda Bulger

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 2 months!!!
Initially I loved this bottle because I could re-fill it at work several times and not have to taste the weird flavor that comes from the faucets at work. I would drink 3-4 within a workday and it was convenient to carry around at work. However, after about 2 months it started making a strange noise when I would suck on it and less water would come out. After further...
Published on April 30, 2011 by Nicole

‹ Previous | 1 2 344 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, March 15, 2012
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
I ordered this bottle because I've always wanted one. I also have the Brita filtered water bottle and this one is infinitely better. I am always on the go, and my job consists of running around with kids & constantly moving. This bottle is definitely more durable and well made. The Brita bottle was starting to get soft on me, and the drinking spout started looking rough & unappealing after a year of use. I don't anticipate that happening with the Camelbak simply because it's spout is soft plastic and concealable.
I might also add that Amazon was the CHEAPEST I've seen it anywhere.
Lastly, I also like to drink water during class & in meetings at work - and while drinking, this bottle makes a funny wheezing noise as I'm drinking. Not sure if it's the seal or what.
All in all however, I'd recommend this bottle.

**Update** I just realized that I don't even have to tilt my water bottle upwards or sideways to get the last drop. The inside straw is long enough to get most of the last liquid in the bottle, eliminating the wheezing sound it was making. I have absolutely no qualms about this product!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea finally great water everywhere., June 6, 2011
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
I purchased this bottle because the water fountains at my school were truly awful. This bottle has a built in filter that works extremely well. The taste of the fountain without the filter is intolerable but with the filtered bottle it taste almost as good as bottled water. Now, if you are drinking from a regular tap the bottle mAkes that water taste awesome. I high recommend this bottle to anyone who is often on the go and wants great tasting wate all of the time. Note, this is not an antimichrobial filter so you can still get sick if you attempt to use it to purify water. That is not what it is for.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Fan, March 3, 2013
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
I got one of these bottles as a gift when I was living in South Korea last year and have been using it ever since. I replaced the filter a few times and had to get a new bit valve but still it is worn out after a whole year of daily use so I ordered another one. My main complaint with camlebak water bottles is that the cap attracts dirt/dust and there's no built-in cap option to prevent it from getting dirty. Also cleaning them is annoying but I found the best and easiest way to solve that is to just soak it in diluted bleach water for a little while and then rinse thoroughly. I have traveled all over the world with this thing and it has been an absolute necessity. I have used it mostly with potable tap water in China, Japan, S. Korea, and all over Europe. Also neutralizes most of the bad taste that comes with drinking straight from the tap as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely a must have, March 5, 2011
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
I would recommend this to anyone. I love it--the water tastes great and it is easy to carry around. Just make sure you are ok with the bite valve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Flavorless, July 19, 2011
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
I bought a Camelbak Groove last week as a solution to my constant need to hydrate in Arizona's 111 Degree summers. I must say that not only does the Groove make the water taste pure no matter where the water is from but it also makes drinking more enjoyable. I have a 1 year old son who might get one of his own soon, so I can drink mine again.

I also must add I hate water, I have never been able to find a bottled company that I liked and tap water gives me stomach aches. With the Groove I have not had any of the issues I had before and am drinking over the recommended amount of water daily for the first time in my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat bottle., January 21, 2011
Ann Lee (Pittsburgh PA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The best things about this water bottle: it's bpa-free, environmentally friendly, I don't have to filter tap water through my Brita filter first, it fits in my car's cup holder, it seals tightly, so I don't have spills the way I did with my stainless steel cup, and it saves money buying bottled water. I also like the handle, which makes it easy to grab.

What I didn't like so much: I'd never used a bite valve before, and I'm still getting used to it. Especially the first couple of uses, it seemed to take a lot of effort to get any water out of the bottle. The other thing, which is minor: the instruction sheet shows a person drinking with the handle toward his forehead. I found it more comfortable to put the handle toward my chin.

Regardless, I like this bottle a lot and will continue using it.

2.0 out of 5 stars MOLD top does not work well, does not hold up, August 25, 2014
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
This water bottle delivered what I expected it to for the first month. It filters my water, and keeps it tasting better than my tap. It is harder to suck the water out though..... which I believe has led to me drinking less water throughout the day because the effort/water ratio is too high.

The biggest dysfunction for this water bottle was the fold-able top. After a couple weeks, it stopped closing which has now become a big problem. Now mold grows veraciously within the top of the straw device (because the top never fold closed). Overall I would not recommend this water bottle to anyone who wants to stay hydrated and live mold free. Initially made the tap water taste slightly better in my opinion though.

2.0 out of 5 stars was awesome till it broke, August 18, 2013
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
I reviewed EVERY water filtered bottle out there and camelbak is the best. Theres just one major problem. After about a few months, the cap seal stopped sealing. The consequence is that the water is not sealed perfectly. On hot days if you lave this in the car, the water starts to leak out. In normal use, the bite valve is no longer silent and now makes aloud swooshing sound. Its rather embarrassing in office environments. I need a new cap, and have sent multiple times for warranty replacement but to no answer. Camelbak must not care about their customers. I'll be trying a different water filtered bottle to my disappointment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to work for me, December 22, 2010
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This CamelBak Groove bottle is supposed to filter and reduce chlorine, taste, and odor from your typical tap water but unfortunately in my case I cannot tell the difference. There is a disclaimer in the paperwork that comes with the bottle that "the contaminants and other substances removed or reduced through the use of the CamelBak Groove may not be found in all users' water," so I guess I'm one of the people whose tap water isn't loaded with a bunch of contaminants and other substances. I tried several comparison tests and did not notice a difference in taste. Moving on from there...

The Groove has several features to it. Its size, at 0.6 L, is 20% bigger than your standard portable water bottle that you'll get in the grocery store, which are usually 0.5 L. It's wider than the typical plastic 0.5 L water bottle, so if you have small hands you may be slightly inconvenienced, but it's not too wide. The plastic material it is made of is sturdy, light, BPA-free, and feels pretty durable. The lid screws on and off, and the filter screws on and off from that, so it is extremely easy to take apart. The bite valve is just a rubbery piece that you can pull off the lid; it does not screw on. I don't have any issue with the bite valve and the concept of biting to drink water. As a biologist I often have my backpack on when I'm working in the field and with my CamelBak in my backpack I have to bite the valve to drink, so it is not at all unusual for me. I did find that the valve does not open very much on mine, so instead of getting more of a comfortable stream of water as I drank, it was coming out in a thin forced stream through the narrow vertical opening. The valve does flip up and down to "open" and "shut" the bottle, although it won't really open until you bite down on it. As somebody else pointed out, when you are drinking the handle is right in your face and may even be pressing against your nose. Not the greatest design in that sense but it works well for carrying.

The taste filter is built to last. According to the included documentation it will last you for approximately 3 months at CamelBak's estimate of 3-4 bottles of water per day. They expect that this will eliminate approximately 375 standard plastic water bottles per filter. When the filter is spent, just throw it out in your trash and replace it. It is fine to put cold or hot water in the bottle (but do not freeze or boil water in it), but it is only useful for water. As the literature says, using it for anything other than water will remove the taste of that liquid, "leaving you with unsavory water."

All in all, if you want it...get it. It seems to work fine for everybody else. I must just be one of the people whose tap water source is clean already, because I noticed no difference whatsoever in taste between water straight from the faucet and water through this bottle. If you don't like the taste of your tap water you may find great benefit from owning and using one of these CamelBak Groove bottles, so in that case it's worth a shot for you to check it out, and I hope you have more noticeable results than I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed! It leaks too., October 18, 2013
This review is from: CamelBak Groove Bottle (Sports)
Originally I loved this product but now I hate it.
One thing I do still like about the bottle is that the water tastes pretty good when the filter is fresh.
The worst thing is this bottle leaks! At first I refused to believe that it did but everytime I lay it down or especially put it in my purse of book bag, everything gets all wet.
The mouth pieces get moldy! I bought replacements so I can swap them out more frequently. I've tried washing them in the dishwasher but that doesn't work. I soak them in bleach water solution & scrub them with a brush in between uses but after a week they are growing black mold inside.
The paint on my bottle has been peeling off, probably since after the first month I got it. The bottle looks like crap.
I'm debating if I should try a new product or go back to buying bottled water. Very disappointed because the water does taste good out of it but the maintenance is a lot of work & its not functional.

‹ Previous | 1 2 344 | Next ›