5.0 out of 5 stars Yes... get them.
They work great, clean your pack out nice and wont leave a funky aftertaste like bleach.

When you put them in they stink and you'll swear it's gunna leave some funk but it doesn't.

Afterwards, rinse your reservoir really well and let it dry, it's like new.

So the answer is yes... they're worth it and they work, get some.
Published on September 10, 2007 by Micheal Mathews

2.0 out of 5 stars How (not) to cost effectively clean your Camelbak
First, don't add this product to your cart. Does it work, probably, but you'll be broke in no time if you ride daily and use electrolyte replacement tabs in your Camelbak unit.

Published 21 months ago by Mmm

2.0 out of 5 stars How (not) to cost effectively clean your Camelbak, May 7, 2013
This review is from: Camelbak Cleaners (Health and Beauty)

As an avid homebrewer, I'd recommend the product I use for cleaning and sanitizing kegs. One Step No-Rinse Cleanser You get 8 ounces worth of product instead of 8 tablets. 1tbsp of One Step : 1 gallon of water. So you can get by with less than a teaspoon of One Step. Put the One Step in the bladder, add some water, close and shake. Run the solution through your bite tube. Hang to dry.

If you need to clean your bite tube, and don't want to spend the big bucks on their cleaning kit, again, take a page from homebrewing and get a draft line cleaning brush. There are several diameters, the one I had on hand at the house fit, search on Amazon for, "Draft Beer Line Hose Cleaning Brush." Not only is it half the cost, but unlike the Camelbak one, it's long enough to clean the length of the tube from one direction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes... get them., September 10, 2007

Afterwards, rinse your reservoir really well and let it dry, it's like new.

So the answer is yes... they're worth it and they work, get some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans with no residue, January 7, 2009
B. Klotzek (Ashland, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camelbak Cleaners (Health and Beauty)
What can I say, I love Camelbak products. I have a better bottle, my husband has a better bottle and the unbottle, I have given better bottles to my sister, my brother-in-law, and friends. I have even given a small better bottle to my daughter who at the time was 6 months old and loves it. So we have our share of bottles to clean. These cleaning tabs make it as easy as possible and quick. After washing out the bottle, bite piece, and straw I stick them into the bottle with water and one of these tablets. Within 5 mins I rinse, and we are back in business. You would think for the scent these tablets make that you would have some residue or taste left over, but your bottle is clean clean. I even use these tablets in my water purifier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, maybe overpriced, October 24, 2010
This review is from: Camelbak Cleaners (Health and Beauty)
I recently bought a camelbak and wanted the reservoir to keep from getting a stinky smell, so I bought these tablets. I find I'm also using them for camelbak's bite-valve plastic water bottles and my older Nalgenes. Works well for erasing the stale smell that can accumulate in the bottles. I would use them on a more regular basis, but I find they are too expensive to use one as often as I'd like to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to clean the camelbak, August 17, 2011
This review is from: Camelbak Cleaners (Health and Beauty)
Was pretty happy with the product. I bike about 4 days a week and use the camelbak on every ride. My wife also uses this product. My only complaint is that the instructions on the packaging say to use less water than the instructions on the gift box for the product.

camelbak tastes like the water I use in it. I do not ride with anything other than water in my camelbak so I can't comment on the ability to clean out non-water drinks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleans well, September 20, 2011
InvestedDuck (Corvallis, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camelbak Cleaners (Health and Beauty)
My Camelbak was not dirty yet but it was starting to get a weird taste so I used one tablet and it cleaned it out well. The only downside is that I could still taste the tablet the next time I used my camelbak even though I washed it out after using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great...does the job well., January 24, 2012
S. Horrocks (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Camelbak Cleaners (Health and Beauty)
The Camelbak Cleaning Tabs do exactly what is promised...they clean the reservoir. The water tastes like water...couldn't accomplish that as well with just dish soap and water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tablets are amazing!, June 27, 2011
This review is from: Camelbak Cleaners (Health and Beauty)
I bought these @ my Sports Chalet store because they were on sale/cheaper plus I needed them right away. My hydration pack has stagnant water in it after I forgot to clean it out when I went on vacation for a week. I tried cleaning it out by using a toothbrush and liquid dish soap and hot water but it did not clean the hydration pack as well as I had hopes it would. I ran to the store and bought these and followed the directions and I was very very surprised at how well they worked. Not only did they do get rid of the smell, they actually made my hydration bladder look cleaner too! Great product and I am very happy with these little magical tabs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning tablets work, please follow instructions., August 17, 2011
This review is from: Camelbak Cleaners (Health and Beauty)
So let's say you substitute water for another type of hydrating liquid, such as powerade, hot chocolate, booze. This product will allow you to reuse your hydrating pack over and over again without the aftertaste of the previous liquid. Make sure you go through the proper steps when using the tablets and allow for the cleaning to flow through the flexi-straw to the mouth piece, to ensure thorough cleaning. Rinse and your good, ready for your next hydrating adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to keep your camelbak clean, August 15, 2011
This review is from: Camelbak Cleaners (Health and Beauty)
I've used my cambelbak a few times now and cleaning is simple. Definitely worth the investment to clean it properly.

Camelbak Cleaning Tablets (8 Pack)
$11.99