1,120 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Super rugged
Published on March 21, 2012 by Amazon addict

1.0 out of 5 stars Camelbak is getting cheap!!!
Published 16 months ago by Jill Hartman

5.0 out of 5 stars Super rugged, March 21, 2012
Bought my first one five years ago and still am using it was my bedside water bottle with no replacement hoses or tips. Has saved me from spilling water on phone, iPad , floor on countless occasions. Safe clean and secure, it's like having your personal water dispenser on the side of the bed. Bought one for fiancé when she moved in and we both can sleep knowing that neither the cats, dogs or ourselves are going to spill water on our electronics. Have dropped it countless times and built like a Tonka truck, no cracks or leaks after five years!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Bottle for Sports Activities--Outside of Cycling, November 5, 2012
EddNog (Cherry Hill, NJ) - See all my reviews
I bought this bottle a while back and while it's not insulated (something I knew going in), the handy bite-to-drink nipple and the straw inside the bottle that reaches to the bottom make for a wonderful bottle that doesn't require two hands to operate and no need to tilt one's head/the bottle back in order to rehydrate, both things that would be extremely beneficial when riding and drinking at the same time. This would be a wonderful bottle for cycling where it not for...

Unfortunately, the shape of the bottle is not standard in comparison to regular bicycle bottles, and as a result I was unable to use this bottle with the cage that I had on my bike. Many water bottle cages for bikes expect a certain diameter bottle and a groove in the side of the bottle at a certain height, neither of which this bottle conforms to.

In short, if the exterior of this bottle were standard fit like other cycling bottles, and it were insulated, this could definitely run for, "the perfect cycling water bottle." As it sits, however, it is an excellent bottle for cyclists with nonstandard bottle cages or other athletic activities where insulation is not critical.

-Ed

1.0 out of 5 stars Camelbak is getting cheap!!!, August 30, 2013
I have been a Camelback "Better Bottle" user for 10 years. The water at work tastes terrible so I bring 3 Camelback bottles to work every day. I have stocked up on bottles so that I always have 3 clean ones to take to work. I have never had any complaints... until now. They changed to this new "Eddy" bottle and got cheap. Although they say it's dishwasher safe, this one warped the first time I washed it in the dishwasher. At first I was still able to get the lid on and use it, but now it is so badly warped I can't even get the lid on. It is now in the trash. I have washed my Camelback "Better Bottles" every day for 10 years and never had this issue. I do like the new and improved mouth piece of the "Eddy", so it gets 1 star. Incredibly disappointed in Camelbak.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOTTLE EVER!!!, December 4, 2013
J. Rice (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Sounds exaggerated I know, but seriously this is the best water bottle I've ever owned! It's spill-proof thanks to Camel-Bak's patented bite valve. Great to the gym, great for bedside the bed, great for travel! I took this on hikes, I took this on my Japan trip and after months of use, the valve hinge wouldn't stay closed. So I went on Camel Bak's website and it was really easy to request a replacement part. They sent it in a week and it's like-new! They really do got my back! Love this bottle!

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible product, June 9, 2014
I purchased this waterbottle in two different colors, so I'd have a clean one when the other was being washed. Used these daily as my water bottle at work/home/errands for about 3 months, and loved them. They hold a significant amount of water, love that they have a straw, and have a convenient carrying handle/loop. Now for the bad.

After just a few months, they leak. From everywhere. The plastic straw portion that you suck water through, water continually seeps out of the small slit/opening at the top. The seal around the top of the lid, connecting the two sections of the lid, water leaks out of that (while in an upright position!!). Water leaks out of the seal where the lid connects to the bottle. It's horrible. I am utterly disappointed in this product and will never purchase again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Water Bottle, October 22, 2013
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle 0.75-Liter/24-Ounce (Sports)
I bought this to use on campus at the university I attend. I take it with me every day to classes, and it's held up great after about a month.

Pros:
-Durable bottle
-Easy to use
-The loop on the lid is great for carrying the bottle around

Cons:
-The bite valve no longer flips down into the lid, but stays upright. It's not a big deal to me, but may bother others.

On a side note, I showed my parents the bottle and how it works, and they bought one each the next day and their bottles have also held up great for about 3 weeks now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right!, April 24, 2013
This water bottle is the perfect size for me to carry to work, around town, and when I go hiking. I keep it with me 24/7 and attach it to my bag with a carabiner. I bought two so I can alternate them. Durable, doesn't leak, does what I need.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete crap, October 31, 2014
Works great for a while and then, as everyone else has said, it leaks EVERYWHERE. I end up spilling more water than I drink, on my bag, in my bag, on myself, on strangers on the bus (embarrassing!). And I'm not sure exactly how it happens, but water comes out of literally every possible seam, even when standing upright. I'll leave the bottle on my desk and come back 15 minutes later and somehow water has come up and out of the bottle, down the sides, and pooled on the desk. Great magic trick, awful water bottle.

Oh and one more thing: I was feeling sick for several weeks and couldn't figure out why, I went on a really bland diet, drank plenty of water (hint hint) until one day, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dark spot in the mouthpiece as I was cleaning out the bottle.. I took the mouthpiece apart and the internal mouthpiece and straw assembly was coated with mold, this thing is a Petri dish of bacteria because every time you drink from it, water stays in the top and doesn't drain back into the bottle. Moisture + light + heat = mold. Bottom line, don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Spills often. :(, August 17, 2014
I don't think I've ever given a product 1 star, but I have to do it today. I bought this water bottle at a sporting goods store without doing any research. It was an impulse buy, going only on the reputation of the brand. I've used it a week and have squirted it on myself 3 or 4 times. Each time I wasn't squeezing the bottle or turning it upside down. I just grabbed it from the handle's loop and bam - mess everywhere. It's bad enough that water spilled on me, and worse that it was flavored water. PINK flavored water. It got on my new bathing suit and 1 month old Lucky Brand purse. And I'll be honest, that one hurt my feelings because I saved up for that purse. I plan to return the bottle and hope to find a new, spill-proof one to replace it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaky Junk, August 11, 2014
These bottles are great for the first few weeks, but the flip-top mechanism is really not durable. Within a few weeks, the straw will quit locking down.

My biggest gripe, though, is that if the bottle gets hot, pressure builds up inside and water seeps out of the seams of the lid. It also creates pressure in the straw, so when you bite, you get a mouth-overflowing geyser of warm water. I have two of these bottles and both of them leak all over the place.

My advice? Skip these and get a Hydro Flask and a straw lid. Hydro Flask is insulated and keeps your water COLD forever. It is also sturdy and, with the exception of occasional condensation on the lid, doesn't leak!

Camelbak Eddy Bottle (0.75-Liter/24-Ounce,Navy)
$18.00 $13.96