Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (0.75-Liter/24-Ounce,Navy)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Navy|Change
Price:$14.11+ $0.99 shipping

on April 2, 2015
My first Camelbak broke after a year or so of daily use. I put up with it leaking a little bit, because I thought it was Just the fact that the mouthpiece that was starting to break away from the lid. But I really liked the design of the bottle, and the fact that they never smell bad when you open it. That's because the straw/bite piece design keeps the bacteria out of the bottle! I hate stinky water bottles, so I love this feature! So I bought a new one. And the first time using it, it leaked also. The bottom of my cup holder would be all wet. And if I put it somewhere, it would also get wet except at my desk at work. I finally figured it out:

ELEVATION CHANGES!!! Even though I live in the SF Bay Area, the elevation of where I live is 165ft. Where I work, 3 miles away is 20ft. On my way to the gym I change altitude of a few hundred feet. My ears pop when I take the elevator to the 21st floor where I work, so even though 200 feet isn't a lot of altitude change, it's enough to put pressure on the bottle and act as a sucking action on the straw forcing out a little bit of water...

Solution? Bite the nipple (or whatever they call it) after you take a drink, then the water won't be right at the tip. Now my CAMELBAK doesn't leak! Just remember to get in the habit of biting the nipples! You're welcome...
66 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2015
Great bottle. I have had so many compliments and lots of people asking where I got it from. (Granted... I did make it even cuter with a silver vinyl glittery monogram). No spills. Great price. Exactly what I needed. I will be repurchasing several more to make as gifts.
review image
on March 24, 2015
I received the .75L bottle promptly. I bought it for my trip to Disney this summer.
Pros:
-The plastic is sturdy and durable
-The loop makes it easy and convenient to carry, you can even add a "D" key ring to attach to your backpack
-I turned the bottle upside down with the mouthpiece forward and it barely leaked, maybe only a droplet, but not spilling.
-When the mouthpiece is tucked back, there is no leaking whatsoever.
-The slit in the mouthpiece was easy to open. I simply dug my fingernail in the center while cleaning it and it opened
-You don't have to tip the bottle back
-Straw and bite valve is removable for cleaning(see con)
-Dish-washer safe (although i do prefer hand-washing it)
Cons:
-The mouthpiece is thick and strong, which is understandable to prevent spilling, but requires a good amount of pressure to keep it open. It doesn't hurt my teeth to bite onto it, but the pressure from the biting only allows me to sip for several seconds at a time before I get dizzy. That can be a nuisance at times when I want to sip consistently.
-The bottle is quite inconvenient to clean. You have to spend a bit of time to make sure you've thoroughly cleaned and dried the bite valve and lid or else it would remain unsanitary and mold will form.
-Water from cleaning tends to get stuck where the bite valve maneuvers. It can cause mold to form if not dried properly (I actually took a plastic bendable straw and blew air through it to dry the area).
-The bite valve is difficult to remove for cleaning. I spent a good number of minutes trying to pry it off the plastic.
-When the bite valve is tucked back, it also took several minutes to pry it back up for drinking

Overall, I still like the bottle very much. I'm sure there are better plastic bottles out there, but this one will do.
review image review image
55 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2013
I use this everyday, whether I'm commuting, hiking, or lazing around in bed. It's even made it to a few music festivals with me! The .75L is the perfect size to throw in your day pack, or even just carry around on a walk around the neighborhood.
on August 20, 2013
It's great. I use it at work and at the gym. It's a little challenging to clean the inside of the straw, but otherwise it's easy to take care of.
on May 19, 2014
I have been wanting a Camelbak for a really long time, and I finally ordered it and I am in love! I think it is a really fun way to drink water, and it has a lifetime warranty if the mouth piece starts to leak/breaks.
on November 5, 2012
I bought this bottle a while back and while it's not insulated (something I knew going in), the handy bite-to-drink nipple and the straw inside the bottle that reaches to the bottom make for a wonderful bottle that doesn't require two hands to operate and no need to tilt one's head/the bottle back in order to rehydrate, both things that would be extremely beneficial when riding and drinking at the same time. This would be a wonderful bottle for cycling where it not for...

Unfortunately, the shape of the bottle is not standard in comparison to regular bicycle bottles, and as a result I was unable to use this bottle with the cage that I had on my bike. Many water bottle cages for bikes expect a certain diameter bottle and a groove in the side of the bottle at a certain height, neither of which this bottle conforms to.

In short, if the exterior of this bottle were standard fit like other cycling bottles, and it were insulated, this could definitely run for, "the perfect cycling water bottle." As it sits, however, it is an excellent bottle for cyclists with nonstandard bottle cages or other athletic activities where insulation is not critical.

-Ed
on June 14, 2014
We wanted something for our travels that was light to pack into our suitcases. And a bottle that would fit in many car cupholders -- this one fit the bill.
on May 26, 2015
I think this is like my 6th CamelBak, as you can never have enough. Need one for the, office, running, a few scattered around the house. I had one that the lid did break, the plastic hinge pin broke off and CamelBak replaced it free of charge. Great product and a great company. I've converted several of my friends to them too.

I do have to say my FAVORITE feature about them is that i keep one on each side of the bed, for when i wake up thirsty, and unlike a glass of water, I do not have to sit up to take a drink!! Maybe i'm just monumentally lazy but i love being able to take a sip without having to sit up!! Also the water in them doesn't seem to get as stale tasting as a plain glass of water next to the bed.
on May 15, 2015
Disgusting!!! After one month of use I was washing and saw mold inside. You can't really clean so I use a knife to get some of the mold inside. I have attached some pictures with some of the mold I couldn't get out. I will never buy this water bottle again.
review image review image review image review image
77 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse