Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (0.75-Liter/24-Ounce,Plum)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: Plum|Change

on July 26, 2015
My friend had this bottle and really liked it, but I really wasn't willing to part with my Nano Bottle. But at his word I gave it a shot. In the end though, I just couldn't get behind the bite valve. As one of the other reviewers said, it's certainly not for everywhere and can be pretty annoying. I like the nano where you can just squirt the water in your mouth plus I feel pretty cool having a rather unique bottle haha. I have to admit though, I did really like the larger top on this where I could fit much more ice.
on December 4, 2013
Sounds exaggerated I know, but seriously this is the best water bottle I've ever owned! It's spill-proof thanks to Camel-Bak's patented bite valve. Great to the gym, great for bedside the bed, great for travel! I took this on hikes, I took this on my Japan trip and after months of use, the valve hinge wouldn't stay closed. So I went on Camel Bak's website and it was really easy to request a replacement part. They sent it in a week and it's like-new! They really do got my back! Love this bottle!
on March 21, 2012
Bought my first one five years ago and still am using it was my bedside water bottle with no replacement hoses or tips. Has saved me from spilling water on phone, iPad , floor on countless occasions. Safe clean and secure, it's like having your personal water dispenser on the side of the bed. Bought one for fiancé when she moved in and we both can sleep knowing that neither the cats, dogs or ourselves are going to spill water on our electronics. Have dropped it countless times and built like a Tonka truck, no cracks or leaks after five years!!!
on September 4, 2014
This was my first Camelbak Eddy and wasnt familiar with how it works. For those that are as ignorant as I was, you have to bite down on it to create an opening and then drink out like a regular straw. I am not complaining, I actually think its a great concept but was taken aback when I first got it. The reason why its a great concept because I think it prevents water from shooting out at you when you prop it open like other water bottles I was reading.

The reason I was even looking at this water bottle was that I wanted a water bottle with a straw to use for my bike portion of the triathlon as it would be easier to ride and drink. This really did the trick! It was a little big on my bike cage but since the cage was metal I was able to bend it to help it fit. I did find it hard prop the straw up from close position with one hand, even with two it took more effort than I would have liked. But since the bite concept keeps the straw sealed when not being bitten onto, I was able to just keep the straw up during the race and there was no spillage.
on May 6, 2015
These bottles are kind of expensive, but they have one feature I really like: CamelBak sells a water filter that fits over the mouth of the bottle perfectly, allowing you to easily refill your bottle from a lake or stream (obviously, you still need to sterilize the water - this just eliminates dirt).

So if you're planning on going camping. these bottles are perfect. They don't take up much unnecessary space, they can be secured to the outside of your pack with a carabiner, and the CamelBak pre-filter makes getting refills a breeze!
on January 24, 2015
I bought this water bottle after seeing how popular it was. Being an avid water drinker, I decided to get this Camelbak in blue.
First off, this is a very high quality bottle. I love how there is a straw so there is no need to tip the bottle. You can open the bite valve with just one finger, although it may be a bit tough when you first use it, but eventually it will loosen up. There is also a small handle, so you can hook your finger around it and easily carry it.
Being the clumsy person, I am, while opening the package for the Camelbak, I dropped it and thought "oh no, here we go." But this had no nick, scratch or crack in it whatsoever, so I feel confident that this is a durable plastic.
Moving onto the "bite valve", it is a rubber material that you bite and suck to drink water. There is a small slit in the plastic that opens up when you bite it. I find this personally kind of annoying, but it you don't mind it then go for it. I suppose this helps to keep it leak-free, which it is, so that's a plus. I will keep using this and see how I adjust.

Overall, this is a great water bottle for sports, on the go, or just about anywhere.
on July 20, 2015
Okay, I have owned five of these bottles over the course of about 4 years. I can tell you that they ALL LEAK. No matter what you do. Some leak worse than others. Yes, they seem great for a few weeks but eventually you will notice water rings around the bottom of your bottle. Then one day you will notice a puddle of water under the bottle in your car cup holder. Then it gets worse from there, spilling all over your face, down your arms, etc.. Camelbak had sent me a couple of new tops and straws after complaining to them online and again, they work for a few weeks, but that's it. I have $0.25 bottles that have never leaked like these do. I love the size and I love the straw. I so wish these would work but they just don't. We are switching brands. I just threw away my last bottle today. Never again.
on June 28, 2014
There are pluses to this bottle including it is BPA free, but there are serious design flaws. Most importantly, the flip top opens on its own, even when securely packed. I have found others have the same problem. The straw part falls off while in a water filled bottle. The bottle is sturdy, but the design flaws make this a never buy again.
on July 4, 2014
PROS:
*New and improved cap and bite valve provides a much better flow rate so it is easier to drink quickly
*Good size to fit in the bottle net of most backpacks
*Very durable material, can get banged around without worrying about it breaking
*The straw with bite and sip feature is nice, so you don't have to unscrew a cap and drink from the side of the bottle
*Dishwasher safe (though I still hand-wash mine)
*Loop on cap is good to either hook your finger through it or hang it from a carabiner
*Bite valve folds in against the cap, giving it a small amount of protection and also prevents leaks
*Large opening is big enough to put ice inside easily
*Refillable bottles in general are so much better for the environment than buying bottled water!

CONS:
*The bite valve doesn't have a cover, so it can get dirty and it's not very easy to get dirt off because of the rubber texture-- this applies mostly if you are using this bottle outdoors (hiking/camping, etc.) or carrying this bottle loose in a larger bag
*We have 2 of these newer style bottles, and one has a problem where the straw occasionally comes in contact with the bottom of the bottle, making it impossible to suck the water up until you reposition it. The other one we have does not do this, so I think we just got one with a straw that is slightly too long.
*Bite valve is a bit challenging to clean- I've found soaking to be the most reassuring method, followed by pinching it while you let hot water run through in both directions
on September 20, 2015
I love CamelBak and when I was looking for a new water bottle to take with me on my walks this one seemed perfect! I love the color and it is very durable. I like that I don't have to tip this bottle back to get a drink and I can just bite down slightly on the silicone tip and sip away. This is dishwasher safe which makes cleaning the bottle so much easier. It is spill and leak proof as well which is great for when I have it in the car. I am going to order some more for my kids because they are always trying to steal mine!