5.0 out of 5 stars Long-Term CamelBak User - Thorough, 3 Year Review
Here is a little background information-
Published 5 months ago by doctorrads

3.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted
Published 13 months ago by Christina H.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long-Term CamelBak User - Thorough, 3 Year Review, September 8, 2014
Here is a little background information-
I have used Camelbak water bottles for over 6 years now. I use them predominantly for water and take them everywhere I go. They have proven to be practically indestructible with countless, often forceful drops on concrete pavement. The no-tilt, spill-proof design has made drinking water effortless and convenient. Needless to say, they pay for themselves in a matter of weeks. Every friend or family member that has tried a Camelbak bottle has also fallen in love. And they are 100% BPA-free!

This is to address the other negative reviews-
When you first get the bottle, opening and closing the bite valve may feel stiff and require a little more force. However, it loosens up after you break it in with use the first few times. Now, I can easily open it with one hand, one finger. Also, when you first get the bottle, make sure the slit in the bite valve is open - a gentle squeeze will do the trick if it is not already open. Biting the valve to drink may initially feel awkward, but you will soon realize it is more efficient and encourages you to drink more water.
As for your fingers touching the bite valve, it does so ever so slightly depending on how you open the bite valve and only touches the very bottom of the bite valve where your mouth does not normally touch.
The mold issue within the bite valve may happen if you neglect to clean your water bottle for long periods of time, but the straw and rubber bite valve do both snap off for easier cleaning. The top or bottom dishwasher rack is fine for the bottle itself, but I do recommend hand cleaning the cap and bite valve whenever possible. If the bite valve develops mold, I have found that cotton q-tips or mini-cleaning brushes used for baby bottles work well. Make sure not to push the cleaning tool through the bite valve slit, as this can loosen it and result in leaks. Soaking the bite valve in warm water and bleach or baking soda and vinegar also helps eliminate any mold issues. This also works well for cleaning the bottle and straw itself.

Please note that the bottle may be larger than many cup holders. Per my measurements, the bottom of the 0.75 liter bottle is 3 inches (7.6cm) wide and the bottom of the 1 liter bottle is 3.375 inches (8.6cm) wide. I don't own the 0.6 liter bottle. The overall shape of both bottles is sleek and easy to grasp with one hand or conveniently carry with a finger through the loop in the cap. Also, both bottles can be comfortably held and flipped open with one hand, although those with smaller hands may prefer the 0.75 liter bottle, which is also more likely to fit into car cup holders.

I rarely write reviews for products, but Camelbak water bottles are one of the best purchases I have ever made. If you are looking for a new water bottle, want to drink more water, or just want to be more environmentally conscious, I highly recommend you try this bottle. You will certainly not be disappointed with the high quality, practically indestructible construction. Plus, the sizes and color options on Amazon cannot be beat. I now have 3 of these Eddy bottles and will update the review over time after I see how they hold up.

12 Month UPDATE:
I have now used the Eddy bottles for 12 months. They have gone everywhere with me and been dropped countless times but still look and work great. One note is that putting the cap and bite valve in the dishwasher may loosen the the flip mechanism, although it still snaps in place and is still 100% functional - I recommend hand washing these parts if you think this may bother you. When reassembling, push the straw all the way into the cap, or it may touch the bottom of the bottle and limit flow. Leaving the bottle out in hot temperatures will increase pressure and may cause a little water to come out the top of the bite valve. However, this has not been a major issue for me.

36 Month UPDATE:
After 3 years, I am still very happy with my purchase. If you do need to replace the bite valve, Amazon conveniently sells 2 Eddy bite valves and straw for $6 or 4 Eddy bite valves for $10 with free shipping. If there is something wrong, it is also easy to replace it through Camelbak for free by simply filling out an online request form on their website. They have a lifetime guarantee and will promptly replace any parts or the entire bottle without questions asked- their customer service is awesome in my opinion!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, January 26, 2014
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (Sports)
I have mixed feelings about this water bottle. I LOVED it when I first got it, it worked great and I love the amount it holds, durable plastic did not crack when dropped, but now, about 10 months after I purchased it, using it everyday, it has begun to leak out of the lid where the spout is. I cannot figure out how to remedy this, and I get a substantial puddle of water whenever it falls over. I can't put it in my backpack anymore because it leaks all over everything. I am going to contact the company to see if I can get a replacement lid.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am sipping from it as I review it; I love it., May 25, 2014
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (Sports)
Basically, I was getting tired of carrying two or three disposable water bottles with me everyday and wanted something I could refill on the run without worrying about it leaking. So far, the Camelbak Eddy has been perfect. I use it as my everyday drinking bottle, refilling as necessary and carrying it with me. So far, it has not leaked and the "bite cap" works perfectly. I tend to drink a lot from time to time as opposed to a lot of sips and the cap has not limited me at all.

On a side note, I typically find most single serve drink mixes to be a little strong and overly flavored. I've been using them in these bottles and while it's more than a typical water bottles, I find the flavoring perfect. The clean up of the bottle is pretty easy too. At this price, it's a bargain that'll pay for itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars A better Better Bottle, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (Sports)
This Camelbal Eddy bottle is a big improvement over the previous Better Bottle model. They seem to have improved the overall fit and finish of the product, but mostly I noticed the improved water flow. The straw is larger, which means that you get more water with less suction required. I like the color of the grey bottle, and the 33oz size is great for keeping water at my desk. Camelbak is a good company, and their service (however unlikely it is that you'll need it) is good. Something that can't be said for most companies these days.

Don't waste time shopping around, just pick a size/color and buy the Eddy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (Sports)
I am really happy with the product it is the best water bottle I've used. It doesn't leak and you can use it 2 different ways which is nice you can leave the straw in if you like to drink it upright or you can take out the straw and use it like a standard water bottle where you tilt it to drink. It is also a really durable water bottle. This is the only water bottle I will be using from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars DRIPS ALL OVER MY BAG, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (Sports)
This water bottle's ability to keep water in depends 100% on the Bite Valve. My bite valve drips all over the place. doesnt matter if its open or folded down. This is a durable waterbottle but it started to leak all over the place on the 3rd day i owned it.

Whats up with that camelbak? what happened to good quality products that dont leak all over your bag. The only way this water bottle is functional is if it is standing upright. If it is on its side or upside down (Like it can become in a bookback or suitcase) it will leak half the bottle all over your bag.

DONT BUY THIS BOTTLE. IT LEAKS ALL OVER

1.0 out of 5 stars Was good at first, but..., July 8, 2014
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (Sports)
I loved this water bottle because it is so big! It was awesome when I first bought it...however, it only took about a month or maybe less for the little flip up valve to no longer flip down and stay down and it tends to leak if anything presses on the tip at all. I used to be able to throw in my bag and had no issues. I just replaced this with the newer Blender Bottle they make. The other disavantage is that this 32oz bottle doesn't really fit into ANY cup holder and is kind of impractical to use as my everyday water bottle. I now use the 26oz newer blender bottle and it works much better for me...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (Sports)
Love this item! Huge water bottle, stays cold, holds a lot! I love that the straw is detachable so I can use it while I am at work with the straw or chug it back while Im playing softball! Love the new mouth piece too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it while it lasted., July 7, 2014
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (Sports)
This bottle seemed perfect for my needs, 1L size, straw with bite nozzle, and it seemed very durable at first glance. Generally I find Camelbak products to be extremely durable, but with this bottle, I dropped it once from knee level and the entire bottom cracked open, spilling water everywhere. Obviously I am not supposed to be dropping it, but this type of plastic should not be cracking wide open from less than a 2 foot drop...

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned to Amazon because it leaked., March 29, 2014
This review is from: Camelbak Eddy Bottle (Sports)
After one washing, the mouthpiece cracked and started to leak air. It was like sucking bubbles when I wanted to drink water. I used to have the old Camelbak bottle which I used until the mouthpiece broke off, and the bottom got moldy beyond repair. This would have been my third bottle in three years. I am sad this new model had problems. By the way, it also leaked out the top like the old ones did.

Camelbak Eddy Bottle (1-Liter/32-Ounce,Navy)
$16.00 $13.36