Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on February 23, 2012
As a mom of two I have owned just about every variety and brand of sippy cup on the market and the one that has stuck around since my son was 15 months old is his camelbak. My daughter recently started to use sippy cups and she was obsessed with her brother's camelbak. We remove the straw because she prefers to tip it up to drink (and I also find it leaks not at all this way!) We got the 'Birds' design and it's absolutely darling. My son's that we have now owned for 2 years has held up great. The design on the outside has not worn off at all and it washes in the dishwasher great! The bit piece has held up well to both of their teething and chewing and shows no need for replacement anytime soon. While this was certainly a bit more of an investment I find that it grows with the child and gives a great water bottle for them well into childhood until the time they need an adult size Camelback! :) Can't beat that it's BPA free and is just so darn adorable!

on January 10, 2013
I bought this for my daughter when she was about 18 months old since she kept using mine rather than her own sippy cups, and I prefer not to share so many germs. It's cute, and doesn't leak too much (though we have some sippy cups that leak less). She had trouble with the hinge at first, it was too hard for her, but it does say that it's for older kids, not toddlers.

However, there's no good way to clean the inside of the bite valve, and it seals on both ends so it can't dry inside. After a year, I discovered to my horror that hers was black inside with mold/mildew/whatever. I cleaned it out as well as I could with a tiny brush, splitting open part of the top in the process, but couldn't get it all out. I tried boiling the valve, but that didn't seem to help either. :(

I would consider buying replacement bite valves, but as far as I can see, they cost as much as the bottles themselves. So the whole bottle may be headed for the trash. I can't afford to buy new ones all the time so we'll be looking for something different.
77 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 9, 2014
My daughter has had several types of straw cups and I diligently cleaned them and was horrified to find that mold had grown in the straws and spouts. When I was looking for a new type of cup, I bought this one because unlike the other ones, you can actually detach the spout from the top to clean it thoroughly. The cup is very easy to clean and the cup itself is dishwasher safe; to clean the cap, spout, and detachable straw, the pink silicone spout can be pulled down through the hole and all should be washed in hot, soapy water. I suggest using a straw brush to clean the spout and straw thoughly and because this is a bite valve spout and only stays open with pressure, I dry it on a bottle drying rack with the drying peg holding it open, so mold can't grow in it.

The plastic bottle is heavy duty and has been dropped many times on hard flooring by my toddler and it never has chipped or cracked. These are leak proof so I never worry about it spilling in the diaper bag. As a germaphobe, I love that you can fold the spout down to prevent at least some germs from getting all over where my daughter drinks. It is hard for her to unfold the spout herself though and requires help. I also love the carrying handle because you can easily loop it around your finger or attach it to a diaper bag with a clip. The design is also very cute and hasn't scratched or peeled off with frequent washings. The nice part is even adults can use these on the go! These are definitely the best straw cups we've tried and the only ones we will use from now on!
on February 17, 2012
We have been using the camelbak 4 liter bottle for our three year old daughter for about a year now and it has worked out well. The price was quite a bit more than other bottles, but I have found that those bottles are no longer around and the camelbak is going strong. I also like that the straws and bite valves can be replaced if needed, but we have not needed to yet. I am planning on buying more of these wonderful water bottles. The only time they leak is when we put cold water in them and as the water warms to room temperature the water is pushed out of the top of the straw, but this is physics and would happen with any straw watter bottle. We love this bottle and plan to use it for a long time.
on October 24, 2014
Love it, love it, love it! This is my second of this exact style because my daughter lost her first one at school and wanted the little Indian princess design. The camel-bak is the ONLY drink holder that doesn't spill. I don't care what anyone else says in reviews of other brands, I have purchased them ALL. I've literally had every brand of non-spill, sippy, straw, spill-proof cup, mug, or whatever drinking apparatus there is. They ALL spill, drip, or spray except for the Camel-bak. Now, I've had mill sit in these on the table, kid leaves the upper drinking piece full of milk and as it gets warm it will slowly release a few drops because of the pressure. The deal is, that if you can actually drink out of it, there has to be a hole, right? So liquid is pretty tricky that way, filling the space it's provided and all. BUT, absolutely the BEST quality, most durable, and most loved by me (mom) amd both of my kids (5) and (8). I threw away all other travel drink holders and will only allow Camel-bak from now on.
on July 11, 2014
When my toddler started stealing mine, I figured that it was time to get her her own. Needless to say, she loves it. It's much better proportionately to her rather than my tall one. By the way, she's 18 months and has been using it for about 5 months.

My one complaint? We have had a couple of times where she's set it down on it's side and somehow it leaks like crazy. I can't quite figure out how because it doesn't happen every time but when it does, it will make a pretty good sized puddle nearly emptying the container. We just make it a point to only put water in it. There's no way I'm giving it up though. My daughter just loves this design and has for the last few months she's been using it. If it was just a little leaking, I'd give it a higher star rate but like I said... puddles.

A little tip? If you have trouble with mold in the mouthpiece, put a little vinegar in the water when you clean it. It seriously helps. I do this for my CamelBak as well and for cleaning the humidifier.
on January 2, 2013
I had hoped this would be the bottle I could put water in and let my kids walk around the house with all day. However, it only took my 15mo a few minutes to figure out how to put it down on the carpet with the straw down so that it squeezes all the water right out. He thinks it's hilarious and does it every time! You can flip the lid back so this won't happen, but then my little one wouldn't be able to open it. (The goal here was to have something he could use independently.)

I got the panda one for my 3yo and it works great for her, since she's mature enough that I could easily teach her to put it upright on her table when she's not drinking from it.
on December 23, 2012
My kids' water bottles manage to disappear at school 2-3 times a year--which is almost impossible to believe since they put their names on everything. In any event, this is a great, unique bottle that none of my daughter's friends have, so it will hopefully come home with her every day. it's cute, not over-the-top feminine (Hello Kitty and too much pink are "not cool," apparently).
on May 11, 2012
We have three of these now, and absolutely love them. They are cute, functional (i.e, they WILL NOT leak) and hold the right amount of water. Previously we have gone through lots of sippy cups w/ straws that are difficult to clean or leak (even though they claim they won't), AND they are boring looking. And there is not always a good way to protect the straw from getting dirty if dropped. The Camelbaks don't have that issue and have a hook shape on the back that is good for hanging from stroller hooks, etc.

I typically throw these in the dishwasher and hand wash the straw part. It's pretty easy and seems very clean. But we only use them for water, so I am not sure if you'd have more of an issue w/ cleaning for juice, milk, etc. All in all, a great water bottle that we intend to get years of use from! And my boys love the designs too!

The only criticism I have is that the base is totally cylindrical and wide (isn't tapered) so it doesn't fit in the kids cupholders on the stroller or the back seat of our car. So if that bothers you or your kids, you may need to find something else.
on December 20, 2012
My wife and I have looked for a cup that our toddlers can use that does not leak. I am not sure that one exists, but this comes close. Our kids drop their milk on the ground and most cups allow it to go everywhere. The valve and straw design on this really prevents a lot of leaks from occuring.

The valve is similar to other Camelbak valves for their adult products. Our kids bites on the valve and then sucks like a normal straw. My only complaint is that liquid can stay in the valve and sometimes spills if the cup is dropped. The cup is also easy to maintain. A lot of other cups (NUBI) are impossible to clean and have 10 removable parts that all have to be scrubbed on a regular basis. A sponge and and a pipe cleaner are all that is need to clean this cup. The maintenance and leak free nature of this cup make it a must have for anyone with toddlers.