Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fotga Mini Camera Suction Mount Tripod Holder Car Wind Screen
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 21, 2013
This product is absolutely a failure of a product. The head of the product will not stay to the adjusted amount. The suction does no stay on the screen or surface very well. The object needs to have it's head glued in-order to prevent it from moving around. I would not recommend anyone this product.

Pros:
-Cheap

Cons:
-Does not do what it should do
-Head does not hold in place
-Suction cup does not suck properly
on May 12, 2013
It broke the first time I used it, won't hold the camera in any sort of position that is useful to me. Just pass on this one.

Useless to use inside your car unless you want to record clouds. Limited adjustability.

The tightening knob only sort of works, even after tightening it all the way down the camera still moved.
on December 12, 2012
The top came off and the ball moves no matter how tight the screw is. Waste of $5. No reason to buy this.
on September 13, 2012
The tightening knob on the one I got was useless, even after tightening it all the way down it still would not tighten

As a side note the seller spammed me some 10 times trying to bribe me with a $3 offer to remove my feedback.

Go ahead, send me another spam and I'll report you to Amazon

Update this spamming inconsiderate seller continues to spam me to change my review some 15 dam times now and has been reported to Amazon in violation of seller rules

I will NEVER purchase anything from this jerk seller ever again!
1212 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
Seriously; at the time I am writing this, the product is going for $1.49!! The upper part is made of (most likely) aluminum and the suction disk is plastic. There is a silver version floating around out there for a higher price, but personally, I would just as well have all black.

I am a volunteer firefighter, and I purchased this to record video as I respond to emergency calls (in case I am involved in an accident, etc..), so it will be mounted to the inside of my windshield; the only problem is that the arm is not long enough to allow the camera lens to clear the mount and/or because of the angle of most windshields, the camera will point up at the sky (I will try to upload some pictures soon). The solution others and myself have instituted is to mount your camera upside down (if you are windshield mounting). If you are using this to mount to the inside of a driver's or passenger's side window to take still pictures or video, as I said before, you may have some trouble with your lens clearing the mount depending on your camera. If upside down mounting doesn't sound good to you and are willing to spend a bit more, there are alternatives, such as: ARKON CMP220 8.5 Inches Flexible Windshield and Dash Mount for Cameras with 1/4 20 Screw Thread, and ARKON CMP214 Windshield and Dash Mount for Cameras with 1/4 20 Screw Thread, both of which I see have mixed reviews but would probably use myself.
on January 20, 2013
In itself the mount is OK. The real problem though is that because of the length of the mount all car vibration is grossly magnified making my recording very shaky. The idea behind the mount is good, I guess it's just not suitable for mounting a video camera which is attempting.
on August 18, 2014
This would be great as a mount on a stationary object, like a shelf, tool bench, or something like that.
The surface has to be perfect or it will not stick.
So I cannot crucify this product as it is only $3 and let’s be honest with ourselves just what do you think you will get for $3? So for that reason I would not trust this on a car, boat, … it could loose and fall.
on March 11, 2013
It does what it should. However, it does not work for my Sony Bloggie. It holds the camera just fine.. very steady in fact, but it's a pain to have to take it down every day since you cannot charge the bloggie while it's mounted. The circular tightener on the mount prevents the USB arm from coming out on the Bloggie while mounted, therefore it cannot be plugged in to power in my vehicle. If it allowed me to do this, I would be oh so happy! That being said, it's a great mount. It has never slipped off my window and when I used it, it was 20-40 degrees outside.
on August 21, 2015
This works good if you place it on your window shield. It doesn't attach itself to my dashboard, but it may be the material of my car.
With vlogging so common now and days I needed this for my digital camera so I can vlog in the car. I love the suction part of it, it adheres pretty firm once you clamp it into place.

It works good for my sony cyber shot digital camera, and if you have a phone, you can just take the part off of the selfie sticks and place this on the mount. Should work the same way

Shipping:
This item took soo long I had almost forgotten about it. It came from China, that is why, if I had known I would of never ordered it.

The item is pretty cheap, you just have to wait awhile to receive it.
on September 25, 2014
It won't stick on my car dash. So I had to stick it on the windscreen. This means the video are recorded upside down! I found a free utility on the internet that can correct that problem - although that takes time! Yesterday it fell off the windscreen whilst I was driving having been stuck in place by mere spit and the suction cup for about 6 weeks.