nice tarp that blends in so you can cache equipment in the woods. I got it at first for hammock camping in my skeeter beeter pro. .. a great comfy hammock that didn't come with a rainfly. This works but I will be buying a bigger tarp so i can make a bigger "porch for my outdoor home" and use this smaller one as a floor.

Tarp camping is good because you can...
Published on July 13, 2010 by Andrew S. Reeves

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality product
I was surprised to see how thin this tarp was. It is thinner than the average blue tarp that I am accustomed to. I paid a higher price because I thought I was getting a higher quality tarp. A disappointment. So keep in mind that 5 mm means really thin.
Published on November 2, 2009 by David Wilder

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality product, November 2, 2009
This review is from: 10' x 12' Dry Top Camouflage 7-mil Poly Tarp item #410129 (Tools & Home Improvement)

5.0 out of 5 stars great tarp for camping thin/lightweight and holds the weight of rain water, July 13, 2010

Tarp camping is good because you can use the trees to build yourself a nice outdoor shanty and a hammock made of parachute grade nylon as a bed. add in a camo camp stool so you have a place to take off your boots and chill and your good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tarp for Outdoors, October 1, 2008
Amazon Customer (Blue Ridge Pkwy, NC) - See all my reviews
Great color/pattern for Outdoors and camping. Great tarp at great price.
Much better than those blue or silver ones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor workmanship, June 18, 2012
The following is an email I sent or Dry Top.

Dear Sir or Madam, I rarely complain about anything. At the age of 65, nobody listens anyway. But, I would like to let you know that the camouflage tarp I purchased from Amazon, 12'x16', was of very poor quality. Now, I realize this stuff is made in China, but the setting of the grommets was atrocious. One of them was half over the edge of the tarp, and had cut the continuous "rope " in half. One fell apart as I took the tarp out of the packaging. I was disappointed that there was no plastic reinforcing on the corners. There was no way this tarp would hold up to a heavy storm, so I actually cut it up and sewed it into a pup tent for my grandson.
Do yourselves a favor and take a 12'x16' camo tarp out of the package and check it out. You may be surprised. Respectfully, Johnny Johnson.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor workmanship, June 18, 2012
The following is an email I sent to Dry Top.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Camo, September 29, 2011
This tarp is fine as long as you don't want camouflage. From the moment I opened it, the paint was coming off to reveal the white/silvery tarp underneath. I was going to try and just fill in these areas with a sharpy, but then I noticed that just lightly scratching the tarp with a finger nail will take the paint off. This tarp is not meant to be used in the woods. It may do OK in a grassy field as long as you are extremely careful with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for carrying in my Alice backpack and protect my hammock from rain., May 3, 2012
Olman G. Aguilar Gamboa (San Carlos, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
The pattern of camouflage is darker than shown in the picture but turned out to be better.
The size and weight are very convenient to me because I can roll or fold and store it inside or outside of my Alice backpack and so do my travels through the jungles of Costa Rica with no worries.
The material is lightweight but waterproof and easy to deploy which is very practical since it does not create unnecessary bulk or costs you time when using it.
The contours are reinforced internally with rope which gives me more confidence about wind resistance.
I plan to use as a roof for my hammock when deploying my camp in the jungle.
Its many uses are one more reason to take all the time in my travels.
I recommend it to all people who like to travel to natural environments or need a waterproof cover for many uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent item, September 17, 2010
This is an excellent buy. The tarps are good quality and well made. Money well spent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Grommets misplaced., January 16, 2013
The grommets were off center and misplaced, half the grommets were not even fastened fully on the tarp. The paint comes off easily when scratched. Poor quality, I would not recommend this tarp to anyone. Walmart carries a superior ozark trail tarp for $7.99.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a serviceable tarp, January 6, 2011
Nothing special here, it's a pretty solid camo pattern tarp. For what it is, it's not too bad. Holds up pretty well and the grommets are reinforced.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›