5.0 out of 5 stars Assembly and video view!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 7:31 Mins
Easy to see the size and assembly here.

Ben from the Camp Chef pro staff shows how simple it is.

Comment with any questions, comes with easy to carry bag.

Enjoy.
Published on April 20, 2011 by Outdoor Chefs

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy poles, cheap screen
I figured this would be the answer to my prayers, but it is not. I currently have a 85" 16:9 wide screen with a tripod and a 70" 4:3 screen with a tripod, but neither are conducive for outdoor use due to stability. However, both are WHITE screens (Dalite brand) and display a crisp image.

I assumed that this screen would be WHITE and crisp as well. Well, it's...
Published on October 30, 2011 by BigPhotoShow

5.0 out of 5 stars Assembly and video view!, April 20, 2011
This review is from: Camp Chef 120-Inch Portable Outdoor Movie Theater Screen (Lawn & Patio)
Length:: 7:31 Mins

Easy to see the size and assembly here.

Ben from the Camp Chef pro staff shows how simple it is.

Comment with any questions, comes with easy to carry bag.

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 14, 2010
Received my screen and used it for the first time last weekend. This is much better quality than I expected and much much better than my neighbors blow up screen. No noisy fans. Also the frame is made of heavy duty steel. This would hold up to very strong winds. The screen was also much better than most blow ups I have seen. The screen has a slight reflection and black backing. The picture showed up great even before it was dark. I will be recommending this to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy High Quality Outdoor Screen, November 17, 2010
Ordered this for an outdoor elementary Halloween party. My husband and I set it up in about 10 minutes with very little difficulty. It does require 2 people due to the size and having to slide the screen over the frame and keep it uniform while doing so. Great size and accomodated our 60+ party, kept the kids entertained and focused during our movie portion with our Epson Moviemate 85D. Many of the parents commented on how nice it was and great that it didn't require a noisy fan. We used the stakes to keep it positioned due to the wind/kids running about. Breakdown was also a snap even with very low lighting after the party. Only complaints is that the screen portion (white heavy fabric) had a few smudges of dark spots like machine grease and was not super clean when we received it, I'm sure from the sewing equipment at the factory but not a big enough issue to return it for the price and ease. In addition, the black satin background once pulled taut around the frame and velcro'ed to match up with the velco portions caused the seams to be overstressed and slightly pull apart. To avoid completely ripping the seams out, we left the corners undone until I can re-enforce the seams with my own sewing machine. The bottom centers remained velcro'ed which provided more than enough tautness in the screen to avoid wrinkles/sagging. I will also say that it is 40+ pounds and feels heavier to me in its bag due to the distribution of weight. I can carry it but even my husband said it seemed heavier than it looked. We really like the storage bag as it's well configured and easy to put away instead of big bulky pvc tubings/wooden frames, which we were previously considering. Considering the price/presentation and ease, a 5 star purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy poles, cheap screen, October 30, 2011

I assumed that this screen would be WHITE and crisp as well. Well, it's not. This review will include the pros and cons from my stand point.

PROS:

1. Portable; everything fits in a carrying case; the screen also has it's own carrying case. The instructions are on one sheet of paper (displayed via diagram with alphabets. The letters on each pole in the carrying case, corresponds to those letters. So, it's very easy to assemble. It took me about 30 minutes. The challenge will be laying the entire frame on the floor and placing the screen over the poles (picture a large shirt being placed over a metal frame, where the shirt covers the front and the back and you can understand how a 10 foot frame and 10 feet of fabric is challenging).

2. The size is huge and will really impress friends and family! I do not understand why the description always says 600D X 600D. I like good ol' arcaic American measurements. Namely, the screen itself (with the legs) stands at 8 feet tall. The viewable width of the screen is 8'6. The viewable height is 4'6. How hard is it for the manufacturer to indicate that? It's awesome playing Blur or 4 player race car games on such a huge screen.

3. The screen is NOT transparent; it has a black fabric backing. Therefore, the light from your projector will not shine through to the other side. Naturally, you can only use it for front end projectors...

4. It comes with 5 stakes. The holes in the legs are angled in such a manner that you can place the stakes through the holes on the feet of the projection stand it will it NOT turn over at all. Very secure outdoors with the stakes.

CONS:

1. FIRST AND FOREMOST, the screen has WRINKLES IN IT! And, since it's nylon, you cannot iron it or it will melt. I at my wits ends trying to find a way to get the wrinkles out of the screen. You can see it when any white or light images are on the screen.

2. While portable, this thing is HEAVY. I consider myself a pretty strong man, but I could not imagine carrying this bag for more than 5 minutes to my desired location.

3. The actual screen is CHEAP. The material is GRAY-- NOT WHITE. If I am correct, someone said the surface is glossy... That's incorrect. It is not glossy at all. As a result, you need to either have good light control or have a bright lumens projector. I have a 2600 lumens projector and it displays just fine for me (Epson 705HD). The velcro was apparently sew on quickly as some of my velcro strips do not line up with the velcro connectors. And one connector is actually on the FRONT of the screen instead of the rear. Lastly, the poles, while new, were severely scratched and missing paint.

4. The legs and feet are WOBBLY. Why? This thing weighs 44 pounds. However, even indoors, I find myself wishing I had two 10 pound sand bags to place on the legs so that no one accidentally bumps into it. It may not fall forward, but I can envision it falling backwards if someone were to bump into it.

5. The left side of my screen is not squared. It's actually bowed in which deprived me of a full 120 inch viewable image.

6. It takes almost twice as long to disassemble the screen. The buttons need to be pushed in so hard that it bruised my thumbs. Now I see why so many people just leave their screen up. It's easier. LOL

Other than that, I'm satisfied (I guess; I mean, where else am I going to find a screen this large?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen for the price!, January 30, 2013
We bought this screen to use in our traveling band...and to watch movies in our studio while at home. I read a lot of reviews on many portable screens before deciding to buy this one, so I want to confirm some minor issues the screen has, but also relieve some worry other reviews might have caused.
Here are some areas of concern, followed by my experience with the product.

Concern: "the screen is grey, not white"
~ this is true, but is not a valid reason for concern. Our logic makes us think that white is better than grey, but the reflective properties of the fabric make for a crystal clear display!

Concern: "it's going to be a pain to set up, and will take 2 people to do"
~ it comes with one page of super easy instructions. You simply match the letters on the poles with the corresponding letter (a to a etc.). I did it by myself, and I think anyone can. You just need a chair or step stool if you're under 6'8" (which includes me).

Concern: "the fabric wrinkles and you can't iron it out"
~ This is true, but it's not as severe as I expected. It doesn't mess with the picture much at all.

Concern: " the stitching is weak and will tear when I stretch it over the frame"
~ this is not true. If you ease the screen down on the frame, you won't have a problem. You just have to pull a little at a time on each side and not try to force it down. Keep it pretty even.

Concern: "it's heavy!"
~ this is relatively true. If you plan on carrying it a mile, you better get a wheelbarrow! The weight won't be an issue for most people, and wasn't for us. We have equipment way heavier than this screen that we have to carry for our band!

Concern: "worried someone will knock it over, or it will tip over"
~ I saw this concern posted in a few reviews. This wasn't a concern of ours, but if this worries you rest at ease. The screen can be staked down, and guy ropes are added for extra stability outside. It's like setting up a volleyball net that you're not going to spike at. Indoor, it has plenty of stability without stakes since there's no wind.

I hope you find this review helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product! You will not regret it..., October 16, 2010
I purchased this outdoor projector screen back in October 12, 2010. I installed it and tried it on the 16th of October.
The quality of the screen is just fantastic considering its price tag.

Note: The Screen is bigger than what I assumed in my head by looking in the pictures :), I know its 120" inch!
Just don't rely on the picture alone to imagine how its gonna look like in your backyard or anywhere else.

I only tried it for 3 hours by playing HD movies and playing PS3 on 720P.

Installation time for the frame and the screen for the first time: 45-60 Minutes (it could take longer or shorter time, depending on how is your experience with installing such products)
(I expect that I could install it much faster the next time, the first is always a pain)
I still haven't tried to disassemble to provide an estimate, though I don't assume it will take long.

So, here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
- Superb Quality with low-medium ambient lights running in the background.
(I had 2 large light sources in the backyard, the quality was decreased by at most 5-10%, the image was still crystal clear after running a 720P movie using my PS3)
- Very Stable on the ground (It got hooks that can be fixed into the ground for increased stability)
- The screen matte fits perfectly into the outer frame. (However, you must have another person assisting you for sliding the screen into the frame)
- Low Price!!!

Cons:
- The product doesn't come with an effective detailed manual for installing it
(Its not Ikea!... they only provided one A4 paper with a simple installation manual which was fairly enough for me)
- The carry bag is heavy, don't expect to walk long while holding it.
- The screen size drags unnecessary attention! Its just too big :). (Unless that's what you aim for)

I believe that's all about it.

My last words are: Do not hesitate and buy it if what stops you is the expected quality considering the low price!!!
The quality is > than its low price... I didn't believe it myself until I tried it.

P.S. Check my uploaded pictures!

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable movie screen, July 4, 2010
I was skeptical. A portable screen that could be folded and carried? Pleasantly surprised, fairly easy to set up, easier with a second person.(Only 4 stars, as set up & break down was a little harder that I had hoped.) Good quality image and an impressive size ! The kids love it ! My friends with large flat screens are envious. Had considered an inflatable, glad I decided on this one. Have left it up for days at a time, couldn't have done that with a blower to run. Have set this up both inside and out, but need tall ceilings.Surface isn't beaded or translucent in any way. Just a good quality finely woven fabric.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST USED THIS ON THE BEACH FOR 250 KIDS! WORKED GREAT!!!, October 16, 2010
I purchased this screen for a beach outing involving a very large youth group. It was windy on the beach and this product did absolutely great! It has very sturdy U-shaped bars (and even back-up tethers) to secure it to the ground, which means little or no shifting -- even in stronger winds. The individual, well-constructed parts are neatly packed in a nicely organized carrying bag. The screen is basically a rugged nylon slip-cover which secures tightly with a number of attached velcro tabs. The bars/tubes that constitute the frame are clearly labeled making setting it up a breeze. When fully assembled, it looks large and professional. I had lots of attending adults ask where I got it. All of them felt that the price was a bargain. I highly recommend this screen over the inflatable screens. This is a quality product at a worth-every-penny price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 9, 2010
The outdoor movie screen is amazing and great quality. It took 2 people to assemble in about 15 minutes, with very easy directions. I left it up for 2 weeks this summer and it held up perfectly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Product Shipping is Terrible!!!, January 2, 2012
The Screen itself is not bad...the problem is that the company(Not Amazon!)that makes the screen has done a terrible job in packaging their product. We sent the screen back twice! The box arrives damaged. The screen's frame,while in a zippered case,is heavy and is left to free float in its box with NO foam or packing material of any kind. The first two packages were so badly battered we didn't even open them to look at the screen (Even the delivery company was amazed at the poor shipping quality). The third shipment was the least damaged package so we accepted it.
Just be ready to return/not accept delivery when it arrives.

Camp Chef 120-Inch Portable Outdoor Movie Theater Screen