Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ranger II Blind Stove Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Size: 5.5" H x 20.5" W x 14.5" L|Change

on August 14, 2011
I wanted one with high output, and this one does put out the heat. I would guess its flame is about 3 times as big as a typical indoor gas burner. On its highest setting the top of the flames extend about 2 inches above the cast iron stand. The cast iron frame is dressed up on the sides with riveted aluminum panels which look like an add-on and which on the front and back seem to be about 20-gauge aluminum, too thin to be rugged. However, it's not structural, so just assume it will get dented or bent there, but the legs and top will stay solid. No big deal. The auto-ignite is good, and works every time. The fittings and regulator are Chinese but mine worked fine. Note that the hose end at the stove is 5/8 inch 18nf which will require an adapter for your average 3rd party propane hose, most of which are a 3/8 size. I'm surprised it isn't metric. But in general, it's quite a good unit and will probably give long life.
on February 6, 2013
I really like this stove. I have a two burner, but it does not have the housing. If the wind is right the flames would go out on lower heat. With the housing on the Ranger II, I had no problem with wind. The stove type knobs offer easy flame control and lighting. Light weight enough for transport, and durable. With its durability and light weight you can cook just about anywhere. On a past hunting trip I used it to cooked eggs, bacon and coffee off the tailgate of my truck. Only thing is missing is a handle so it can easily be carried with one hand, allowing you to carry the propane in the other.

My other two burner from Camp Chef does not have the housing. Had to keep an eye on it so on low the flame wouldn't go out. I loved it. But after getting the Ranger II I take it instead unless I'm going with a bigger group and need two stoves.

With the ignitor, my boys are able to get the stove going in the am to start the water for hot coco and coffee. Just can't be any easier.

Highly recommend the Ranger II stove from Camp Chef. Another of their durable effective products.
review image review image
on November 18, 2011
The burner is an excellent unit. It is sturdy and well built. It puts out a lot of BTU's. The low heat is actually pretty hot. It would be nice it if would turn down a little bit more. I am very satisfied. Comes with the hose and a wrench that is attached to the hose making removal very easy. I would recommend it!
on September 20, 2012
As the old saying--" time is money". Absolutely right! I've be saving time and money by cooking my food in the back porch with this little jet turbine. Boy......is this thing hot or what? At first I was scared with the powerful blue flames but now I love them.
I can cook a lot of food fast, safely and the food tastes delicious! My electric stove has definitely been retired.
You can't go wrong with this stove unless you've never cooked before. I strongly recommend it.
on September 25, 2011
Well made, compact, high output burners are great, instant start ignition eliminates the need for matches. A little more expensive then other camp stoves but worth the extra $20 to get a stove that actually cooks.
on November 28, 2011
I was looking for a high btu propane stove and this one does the job. The stove overall is pretty good except 2 things. First, the two burners are a bit close together. Therefore, I am unable to put 2 big pots together. Now that I know, I should have bought the 3 burner model. Then I will be able to use the 2 outer burners and the middle one empty. Secondly, when you do put a big pot on it, the control knob can get very hot. So hot that it is even too hot to touch for more than a few seconds. I've contacted the manufacturer about it and they agreed that the control knob can get hot with a big pot on it. Their suggestion is to use a cloth. I give it 3 and half stars.
on September 26, 2012
Great little stove. Came with an extra knob. Puts out a lot of even heat because the burner have lots of holes. Most of the time I am cooking on the warm or low setting. Wish the burners where a little farther apart as two big pots will interfere with each other. There are a couple of minor quality alignment issues, but nothing the affects performance.
on August 22, 2015
This little stove came and I was amazed at the high quality look. I expected great things and was disappointed. The hose hooked up easily with the supplied wrench, burner lit easily, and the burners are recessed under the cook top far enough that I doubt a wind would blow it out. Sounds like a 5 star, right? But no, the burner ignites to provide an immediate six inch high flame, and when turned down to the lowest setting it is as high as the highest setting on a home stove. You will burn anything short of water on the low setting.

The people selling this should really try using what they sell. It would be so easy to fix.

I'm going to try to fix mine. As stated, it looks like high quality, so as there are three rings of orifices in the burner I will try to plug the outer ring of holes and see if I can get one burner to have useable heat.
on August 1, 2015
This stove is fantastic! We have been using the Ranger II for the last four years, not as a camp stove but as our main stove all through the summers. Here in Phoenix you really don't want to be adding heat to your house in the summer so we try to do all our cooking outdoors. The stove is durable, it has been problem free for these four years. The 17,000 BTU burners put out a lot of heat if you turn them up all the way. We make / can jam once a year and that involved boiling up a 5 gallon pot of water to sterilize the jars. This stove has no problem accomplishing this task. On the other hand, you can control the flame well enough to bring a small pot down to a simmer. The electric igniters have never failed me and always immediately bring the stove to life. The only thing I have found that could be better (and I think somebody else mentioned it too) is that the burners are kind of close together. This prevents you from putting two large pots on the stove at one time. Other than that, this stove is awesome! Thanks Camp Chef!
on April 3, 2012
I have had this stove for about a month. It is very well made, and boils water in no time. The controls and ignition all work well. This is a heavy stove for camping, but if you don't have far to walk to camp, it will make some great meals fast.