There are no customer reviews yet.  Create your own review
‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Story Behind Foster Care, April 3, 2014
This review is from: Camp (DVD)
I was pleasantly surprised when watching this movie. It delves into the little known backgrounds of the kids that end up in foster care, from the good to the bad. I heartily applaud Royal Family Kids fro making this film to show the world how much they do for the few they are able to "Camp" each year, and how much the counselors will go out of their way to make sure a child can have a bit of hope and fun for a week and (at least for the week) see how a "normal" kid has fun at camp. Being based entirely on true stories and situations, it gives a prospective Foster Parent a real idea of what to expect and what some kids go through before entering the system (and what some endure and never get out of their situation). It may even inspire you to become involved in a Royal Family camp somewhere near you. A Five Star film in my book, and recommed it to anyone interested in fostering. Pass it on when you are finished and inspire someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great movie!, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Camp (DVD)
This is a movie that I wish everyone would see. Very few people are aware of the awful lives of many of the children in foster care. This movie is about a summer camp that is provided for them and reveals much of the heartbreak that is the lives of these children. It also reveals the dedication of a group of adults who wish to give of themselves to enrich the lives of these kids. A heartwarming and heartbreaking film!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, September 27, 2014
This review is from: Camp (DVD)
For a small independent movie, this one is surprisingly good! The acting, particularly of the young boy, is quite good & believable. This movie is a bit slow to get going, but once it does, you will find it tugging on your heart-strings - and ultimately leaving you feeling both encouraged and motivated.

If you've never thought much about abused kids, this movie can be an eye-opener as it explores some of the real emotions and behaviors such kids can exhibit. At the same time, it also shows what the power of God's love working through the hands and words of caring adults can do. If you have ever experienced abuse or work in the social services field, I believe you will probably be especially blessed by this movie.

This movie while definitely dealing with some serious subject matter, also has lots of lighter moments - even funny ones. There's even a little mild romance. Sometimes it can be kind of easy to turn a blind-eye to the hurting in our community, but God cares a whole lot about hurting kids - and as believers that means we need to care a whole about them too! I definitely recommend this movie!

MoviesForChristians movie reviews
moviesforchristians dot org

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, March 20, 2014
This review is from: Camp (DVD)
This movie was a touching story. It made me aware of what the foster children are
going through. I'm glad they have a camp where these children can go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleasantly Surprised!, July 17, 2014
This review is from: Camp (DVD)
I'm a devout Christian with a heart for the arts. As such, I am always excited when someone attempts to make a movie in line with my faith, but I am often chagrined at the lack of artistic prowess that gets lost in making a film overly "preachy" (e.g. "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof"). Camp is the now the third faith-based movie that I would actually recommend to any of my friends ("The Second Chance" and "Unconditional" are the others). It was tough to get rid of my apprehension in the first 15 to 30 minutes, but eventually I easily relaxed into just enjoying the story and how it unfolded. Plenty of twists, turns, and truth. There were at least two scenes that I gritted my teeth knowing they would be the scenes when we would get a 2 minute prayer or a 5 minute presentation of the gospel, but the movie kept it subtle. The message being based in faith is clear and strong, but not ham-fisted in the slightest.

The 4 stars is for the acting and overall production, but for the budget this was truly a remarkable film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, great message!, August 16, 2014
This review is from: Camp (DVD)
Camp is an emotional rollercoaster that will have you laughing and wiping away tears of sadness. I can see what it's categorized as a Drama/Comedy. I highly recommend this movie as it tells a wonderful story (inspired by many true ones!) and encourages people to make a difference in the lives of children in need. The special features include stories from staff at Royal Family KIDS camps who share true stories that inspired and made it into the film. There is also a testimony from a girl whose life was transformed after visiting Royal Family KIDS camp. I'd say more, but I don't want to give away any spoilers. I highly recommend seeing this movie for yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 10, 2014
great

5.0 out of 5 stars An impactful and important movie!, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Camp (DVD)
This is such an amazing movie that I bought to show my team of volunteers for a similar camp this summer that reaches inner city children in Texas. It arrived in my mailbox extremely fast and was in perfect condition. I highly recommend the film and this vendor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 25, 2014
Amazon Customer (WILLIAMSTON, MI, US) - See all my reviews
great movie

4.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by Sharon Abbott, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Camp (DVD)
If I have to be honest, I was tempted to turn off this movie just a little bit after it started. It was a little slow-moving and the acting left a little to be desired, but I'm glad I didn't. Once we actually got to "camp" the action picked up, the acting got better, and the story fell into place. I was thoroughly engaged. And let me tell you, this one tugs at the heartstrings...and the tear ducts. For a special bonus, watch the special features, and you'll be cheering for and inspired by the real-life heroes on which this movie is based. As the quote on the cover says: The world could use a few more movies like CAMP.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Camp
Camp by Jacob Roebuck (DVD - 2013)
$19.95 $11.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.