Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 21, 2011
I've been busy shopping around, searching the Web, and reading reviews in an attempt to find the right electric pressure washer at a comfortable price point. I settled on the Campbell Hausfeld 1800 PSI electric pressure washer and could not be more content. It's wheels are sturdy and the machine gets around my yard with ease. What's more, the amount of pressure is perfect for my around-the-house needs -- cleaning the kids' outdoor playscape, washing down the patio, washing the driveway, cleaning the side of the house, and washing the patio furniture. I was concerned about getting a washer with the right amount of pressure, not too much as to destroy items or peel away paint. I am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this washer.
55 comments|198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2011
This is my second Campbell Hausfield pressure washer. The first lasted about 10 years before the electric motor quit - probably due to too much water exposure.

This one appears to be at least as dependable and should last even longer. I ordered this washer with a brass quick-connect hose coupler which I should have had for the first unit since the standard plastic couplers always leaked badly. With the brass connector there are now zero water leaks for this washer.

I use a pressure washer nearly every weekend to wash my cars. By keeping the cars waxed and spraying them every week they stay clean without needing to use any soap or detergents (which would quickly strip away a wax job).

My only complaint on this washer is the 20 foot hose, which is a bit too short for conveniently reaching from front to back of most cars. My old washer had a longer 25 foot hose which was just barely long enough. I also don't like the stiffness of these hoses and would greatly prefer a more pliable rubber version.

Overall, I feel this pressure washer is at least as dependable as any out there in this price range. Highly recommended.
22 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2011
I am not one to spend time writing reviews, but I believe it's important to give credit where credit is due. I recently purchased this pressure washer from Amazon after doing quite a bit of research on the internet. I'm a homeowner using the product less than 3 hours/week for light duty chores (patio, siding, fence, etc).

The box showed up from Amazon and I followed the directions meticulously as I haven't owned a pressure washer previously. After about 10 minutes of use, the electric engine started smoking. The troubleshooting guide said to turn off immediately and call customer support. Unfortunately, it was after 6pm and they were closed. I called customer support the following morning around 9am and was on hold for less than 60 seconds before getting a live voice. I told them what happened and they took my name/address/email and emailed me a FedEx shipping label within a few minutes. She told me I could call back with the serial number and manufacture date on the machine once FedEx picked it up (tracking number) and they would ship out a replacement immediately. Alas, I did not call them with the information to get the quick turnaround.

I recieved a call from customer service a few days later to inform me they received my return and were shipping out a new one immediately and sent me an email with the new tracking number. It showed up last night and I used it for ~2 hours straight without any issues.

1800 PSI is sufficient for a light user such as myself, but I can see why others may opt for a more powerful (gas powered) unit. I have a concrete driveway that hasn't been pressure washed in 5 years and some spots were difficult to clean, but was able to do so with some patience. 1800 PSI was more than sufficient for my vinyl fence and siding. I lead a busy life and make a conscience effort to buy low maintenance products, which is another reason I chose an electric pressure washer over a gas powered one (no trips to the gas station, oil to check, rip cords/batteries/starters). All of my lawn tools are electric by choice for the same reasons with the exception of my lawn mower.

I highly recommend this product for the average homeowner. It is refreshing to see a company standby their product and I will be buying Campbell Hausfeld products in the future as a result of the experience.
0Comment|154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2011
I was looking for an electric power washer because I didn't want to maintenance of a gas one since I will only be using it about once a month (less during the winter). I knew I would have to sacrifice PSI and I did not expect this unit to be so powerful as to, for example, strip paint. What this 1800 PSI unit does do is clean my vinyl siding, wash cars, clean under the mower, and get most mildew off my decks (spraying with a cleaning solution first helps tremendously). I'm sure it can do more, but that's what I've done so far. I've used up to 3200 PSI washers (borrowed from friends) and while this doesn't match anywhere near that kind of power, I feel the price/power ratio is actually very good. I was willing to spend more but this seemed like a great value and based on the reviews, I went with it and overall I am happy with my purchase. If you are buying this pressure washer, just make sure you understand what you will use it for so you are not disappointed that you didn't get a higher PSI.
on September 5, 2011
After much research and visiting local retailers to find out about newer model pressure washers, I decided on the Campbell Hausfield 1800psi model 1825. I'm a frugal buyer and the performance from this washer is more than I ever really expected and after giving this washer a good workout for more than 6 hrs this past weekend, I feel it's already paid for itself. I had read a lot of online comments about this model, some good, some not so good, but overall pressure is very good, and at least as strong as one gas model I tried rated at 2000psi. Really couldn't ask for more from this small residential use pressure washer. A great buy far as I'm concerned, easy to use. The only reason I didn't rate 5 stars is the fact that you will need to buy an adapter for the intake to connect the hose. This was the only real flaw. I would buy this model again.
on July 27, 2012
I bought this based on the reviews of others I read here. I needed something to wash my house, dock, etc...
I was hopeful this would work, however, I was not too impressed. I believe for some it would work just fine. The pressure is not that great and the unit itself is small and kind of flimsy.
The one I got was missing a part and also leaked from where the hose connects to the unit beginning on the very first use.
That may just be the unit I got and not what someone else would receive. Between that and to so so pressure I decided to return in and try to find something a bit more powerful.
review image review image
on May 31, 2012
To begin, I used a similar pressure washer for 15 years with no problems, until the on/off switch quit working. This machine was suppose to replace the previous one. Within 15 minutes of operating it, two parts had failed.

CONSTRUCTION: When I picked up the machine to haul it to another spot, the drag from the water hose pulled the hose connecter apart. I fixed that, but don't know how long it would last. When I adjusted one nozzle by twisting it, it became too loose and blew off when I pulled the trigger. This stripped the treads, so that wand no longer functions. These problems never happened with the previous machine, so I don't think I caused the problems.

DESIGN: The hook for the power cord is placed about 18 inches above the ground. This means many little loops of the power cord. The hook could have been located almost twice as high, meaning fewer loops and less trouble. Even worse, the hose connector is located just beneath a ledge (the bottom of the caddy for the wands). It's difficult to see when screwing on the hose, and near impossible to grab when unscrewing the hose - there is no room for your hand. I had to lay the machine down to reach the connector with my fingers.
on October 12, 2012
I received this item yesterday and it worked fine the first time we turned it on. It did leak a bit around in the inflow, but it was tolerable. A few hours later we attempted again and it simply would not turn on. Very disappointing.
on August 31, 2011
The price for the product was good. I have used pressure washers for years. This one's engine was smoking after 30 minutes. Sent it back. Return was easy.
on January 13, 2014
The washer came with oil all over the outside of the unit and in the undamaged box. Clearly the unit had leaked. I call the manufacture per their instructions not to return it to the retailer and they would not stand behind it. Good thing I purchased it through Amazon.