Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces, Hawaiian Pork, 13 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon February 28, 2014
Tavern Style Pot Roast: Absolutely amazing, this was so good that I shared it with my neighbors! I followed the same directions posted below for the Korean BBQ Flavor. For the tavern style, I made an incredible gravy with the drippings in the slow cooker. I removed the meat, turned up the heat to "high" and then added 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in a little warm water. Then...this is the secret... I added heavy whipping cream to thicken the sauce. It was so good, I poured it on the beef, a pile of easy mash potatoes, and saved a jar of it for future use!

Korean BBQ Flavor:I first saw this at the local grocery store and bought a single pack to test the flavor. I was really impressed with how easy this is to prepare. You'll need three items: the Campbells Slow Cooker Sauce, beef, and a slow cooker. I used a Beef Chuck Cross Rib Roast, Boneless, 3.3 pounds. It's so easy, I did not need to pre-cook or brown the meat! Just put the meat into a slow cooker, then open the bag of sauce and pour over the top. If you hate to cook then you're going to love this product!

A few hours after cooking, my house started smelling really good. I had forgotten that I started the Korean BBQ dinner in my slow cooker earlier in the day. Wow...did my house smell great. The kids came home from school and couldn't wait to eat this...even my super-picky, never-eats-anything-good teenager. Everyone including my husband loved it...and the next day they were fighting over the leftovers. Nobody eats leftovers in my house!

I did see in some of the other reviews that a few people did not like the smell. This is Korean BBQ and so you can expect your home is going to smell like that while you are cooking the meal for eight hours. When we finished our meal, I lit a scented candle and the BBQ odor was quickly gone.

Please, if you have time .....comment on my review below so I know what information you find useful or what you would like to see added to my review. Or just click the "like" or "dislike" button to save time. Your input is valuable feedback for me!
66 comments|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2013
We picked up the pot roast packet on a whim - just to try it. Kind of skeptical. The morning came to prepare it and we had to do a double take on the directions as it was just too easy. There was no way anyone could screw it up. I really envision that they really tried to make it idiot proof. Here it is in 14 words: Add beef. Open packet. Pour packet on beef. Cover. Cook for 8 hours. Eat. And that was it. It was really good.Rich dark flavor which goes well with a good horseradish sauce. Yum! My family would score it a solid 9/10 for taste and 10/10 for prep. We will certainly stock up on this item and will try the others as well. Treat yourself and give it a go.
22 comments|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2014
I tried this Campbell’s Slow Cooker Tavern Style Pot Roast after reading a review in Consumers Reports magazine called, "How to make a tastier slow-cooker pot roast - Two seasonings made our testers' cut". This was from their May 2014 issue. This is what they wrote...

"Beef brisket tastes best when cooked in moist heat. But what liquid to use? We cooked thin-cut boneless brisket in slow cookers for 7 hours with four products: two sauces and two dry mixes to which we added water. Staffers blind-tasted the meat shortly after cooking; trained tasters tried it reheated a few days later. The winners are below..."

The two that made their list were this Campbell's sauce and McCormick Slow Cookers Savory Pot Roast Seasoning Mix. For this Campbell's product they wrote, "A few mushroom pieces; mild, well-blended flavors with sweet-and-sour notes that complemented the meat."

I tried it and that is my take on this as well. It was terrific, and there was plenty of sauce left over to use as gravy for the mashed potatoes I made to go along with it. I'm actually craving some right now so tomorrow I am going to try a round roast instead of a brisket. With six of these per carton I'll have plenty to keep in stock for a while to come and I'm looking forward to ordering some of the other varieties based on the reviews here.

Finally, I don't see it on the product page so here is some nutritional information:

Cost: 33 cents per ¼ cup
Calories: 50
Fat: 2.5 grams
Sodium: 580 milligrams

I definitely recommend you try this. It may not be "home made" but it's close enough for me and a whole of a lot easier.
on November 29, 2015
As a Korean American who was only exposed to the wonderful dishes of Korea as a child due to my parents unsuccessful attempt at a healthy relationship (thanks mom and dad), and then raised in the Midwest as an average American, this slow cooker sauce hits pretty damn close to the real thing. No, it's not perfect, just like my parents' marriage, but it was good enough to bring back wonderful, mouth-watering memories of kalbi and bulgolgi that I loved so much as a wee lad.

On top of being delicious, it's ridiculously easy to make - just throw in 2-3 pounds of meat and this sauce, and then turn on your slow cooker and forget about it. So easy that a freshly independent, emotionally scarred adult can make it.

All in all, I rate this a 5/5. It doesn't capture Korean BBQ in all of its beauty, but it tries hard enough.
on March 4, 2015
This is really good!! I wasn't sure what to expect and was soooo pleasantly surprised. I recommend it (if you like spices). I've done the Subscribe and Save option. I think the next time I make this I will add more olives (Considering adding green and some black olives).
on May 17, 2015
The Tavern Style Pot Roast sauce was weirdly bitter and made for an entirely unpleasant experience and a huge waste of beef. It tasted like it had been liberally basted in some type of vinegar. I had no idea how to salvage it.
on August 4, 2013
I made this yesterday. It was absolutely delicious. I was also very impressed that the ingredients were natural. Can' t wait to try the other flavors available.
on September 3, 2015
I highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for an easy slow cooked meal. I use a slow cooker a lot and I've found that is works well with chicken breast and beef roast, not just pork. Just make sure to pull your meat apart once it's done cooking so it can soak up all of the juices.
on February 9, 2015
This is excellent sauce. If you are hankering for Korean tacos, this is a dead simple way to get there. It has that asian flare that could come from sesame oil, but I'm not sure. I mix a bag with 1 to 2 tablespoons of red pepper flakes in a slow cooker set for 6-8 hours cook time. I recommend trimming the fat of the chicken, especially if it's a fatty piece. I generally stick to organic chicken breasts. It's more expensive, but this meal really stretches. I'd say 2lbs of chicken per bag is perfect.

Around the end of the cook time, I can shred the chicken with wooden spoons its so tender and presto your house smells like tasty korean tacos and you have a delicious meal. For garnish, google jalapeno cole slaw: couple tablespoons of beer, cabbage, fresh jalapeno, red onion and sour cream. It's magical.
on November 12, 2013
I ordered this with a coupon which made it very reasonably priced, especially when using the Subscribe and Save option. It is very convenient and has a nice flavor. However, it is on the mild side. I added jalapenos to spice it up a bit.