5.0 out of 5 stars the book to have for camping in texas
Published on April 8, 1999 by Monte Osburn

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I ordered this book, but was immediately surprised at two things when it arrived: 1) the format is larger than I'd hoped for. 2) It's black and white, with a section of color photos in the center that are often vague about locations.
Published on March 8, 2008 by V. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars the book to have for camping in texas, April 8, 1999
I operate a year round therapeutic camp for teen boys. The camp goes on many trips, from day trips to extended trips. This book by Mickey Little is an invaluable resource in planning the trips for my staff and 30 boys. Lots of maps, descriptions on campsites and group sites, and of course, activities for the kids once we get there. I would'nt plan a trip without Mickey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Texas is Big, buy a good camping book., February 23, 2000
I live in Texas, and I have so for all of my life, but it is sure is surprising to find out how big Texas exactly is. In this book you get, in detail, a listing of state and national parks and forest for the 4 regions of Texas. Being that Texas is so big, each region tends to have all different types of camp sights compared to some of the other regions. The nice thing about this book is it gives you information about OTHER parts of Texas, perhaps that you haven't visited yet. I love to camp but tend to stick to those areas near me, or that I visited as a child. This book should give you enough information to maybe visiting some new sights.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, March 8, 2008
This review is from: Camper's Guide to Texas Parks, Lakes, and Forests: Where to Go and How to Get There (Camper's Guide to Texas: Parks, Lakes, & Forests; Where to Go & How) (Paperback)
I've been to 2 of the locations that were listed, and yes, the details are accurate. However, I was hoping for more: what to do in the area for day trips, and color photos of each park for example. Those was lacking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you need, September 24, 2006
This book is well laid out with many photos. There is a big fold out map included of all the Texas State Parks. The parks presented are grouped according to their regional location. Desriptions of the types of campsites, amenities and contact information is provided. It's a basic, easy to read, Texas State Park reference book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much info, May 13, 2014
The Texas Parks freebie is lots better. Very disappointed. Expected far more information and better descriptions, especially considering the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Campers Guide Texas, March 6, 2014
I liked how the camping/fishing sites were divided into Regions. My friends have NEVER been to Texas. I haven't been back in 30 years. We plan to visit Texas as my friends have never been there. It will be fun RV'ing with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference, February 18, 2013
Provides a good reference guide to camping around the state. We are using it to plan trips throughout the year. Also useful as a planning tool for trips outside a short drive as Texas is a big place.

Rate and Discover Movies